Poll

Should Cavalry be replaced as:

Tanks
152 (70.4%)
No Tanks or Cavalry
64 (29.6%)

Total Members Voted: 215

Author Topic: Cross of Europe-WWII Mod  (Read 70359 times)

Offline Cyco_Tatertot

• First Lieutenant
  • "Give me liberty, or give me death!"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com
  • Nick: Cyco_Tatertot / ILR_LtCol_Tatertot
  • Side: Union
Re: Cross of Europe-WWII Mod
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2012, 10:28:24 pm »
Perhaps you could ask BetaKnight if you need some help on modeling and texturing. His work is amazing.
Err... Counting I have been working on 3 mods right now.... I wouldnt be able to handle a 4th one
Ya I had told him that you are probably swamped with work as I had known you were working on other mods
" title="

Offline McEwan

• Brigadier General
  • "McEwok" "McScrubwin" "ManJewban" "McWeewan"
    • View Profile
    • Marins de la Garde Impériale on Enjin!
  • Nick: IXe[Marins]_McEwan
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2012, 12:47:51 am »
Ambitious project! The best of luck to you and your team!  :D

Kielbasa!

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2012, 01:13:01 am »
I wish you good luck!
The first modder for NW.

Offline Delta901

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 60th_Col_Delta
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2012, 02:43:58 am »
I wish you good luck!
Ambitious project! The best of luck to you and your team!  :D
Thank you! :D

Offline Slawtering

• Second Lieutenant
  • For Britannia!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Slawtering
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2012, 06:32:17 pm »
Not sure how you are going to do the classes though a good way to do it is to have your basic units (Rifleman, Grenadier, machinegunner, etc) because atleast the British anyway Regimental flashes and sometimes even rank slides were taken off so an enemy could not find out what you were and if he knew your plans, where you were going so it would be rather accurate instead of going the NW method of have regimental classes. Not sure if this would the same for other countries especially Germany with their very pimped up uniforms.

Also British commonwealth would probably be a better plan then you can have British, Canadian and possibly ANZAC (Italy campaign?). bearing in mind the uniforms were different between Canadian, British and ANZAC.

Offline Delta901

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2012, 06:40:08 pm »
Not sure how you are going to do the classes though a good way to do it is to have your basic units (Rifleman, Grenadier, machinegunner, etc) because atleast the British anyway Regimental flashes and sometimes even rank slides were taken off so an enemy could not find out what you were and if he knew your plans, where you were going so it would be rather accurate instead of going the NW method of have regimental classes. Not sure if this would the same for other countries especially Germany with their very pimped up uniforms.

Also British commonwealth would probably be a better plan then you can have British, Canadian and possibly ANZAC (Italy campaign?). bearing in mind the uniforms were different between Canadian, British and ANZAC.
(Rifleman, Grenadier, machinegunner, etc) sometimes. But i will do some research and see what i can do

Offline Delta901

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2012, 06:12:27 pm »
Whilst this does indeed looks promising, may I ask why you decided to add Canada above more central nations, such as Italy or Russia?
Actually, i think Italy should replace France. By the end of the war, canada had expanded their military greatly and contributed a lot. Canada was the third largest navy in the world, and second largest air force.

The Canadians Fought in Italy, and France and single handedly captured Juno Beach at D-Day, making it farther into France then both Britain or the US, they 50% casualties in the first hour of the landing and made it through, even when they were faced with two Nazi secret service divisions and a panzer division.

Canada was also curcial in the defense of the Atlantic Ocean, which is a whole different story entirely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_Canada_during_World_War_II
An entire wikipedia page dedicated to Canada's involvement in the war.
Sorry sort of read it now... LOL...ANd Caen!

Offline Gimli

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2012, 04:31:29 pm »
Looks really cool.

Offline Delta901

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2012, 04:42:33 pm »

Offline Davout

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2012, 06:41:27 pm »
is there any progress?

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2012, 06:59:19 pm »
is there any progress?
There doesn't seem to be, other then maps.

Offline Delta901

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2012, 07:58:52 pm »
is there any progress?
Yes,We are Currently modeling/Texturing

Offline Xanderman

• Donator
  • Victory through incompetence. Old 7th guards rifle
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Alexander
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2012, 08:03:39 pm »
I know this is an extremely difficult thing something almost impossible on the engine that warband uses but by any chance will their be vehicles?

Offline Matthew

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • ლ(◕◡◕ლ) oly gaym y u heff 2 b med
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Matthew ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2012, 08:08:42 pm »
Whilst this does indeed looks promising, may I ask why you decided to add Canada above more central nations, such as Italy or Russia?
Actually, i think Italy should replace France. By the end of the war, canada had expanded their military greatly and contributed a lot. Canada was the third largest navy in the world, and second largest air force.

The Canadians Fought in Italy, and France and single handedly captured Juno Beach at D-Day, making it farther into France then both Britain or the US, they 50% casualties in the first hour of the landing and made it through, even when they were faced with two Nazi secret service divisions and a panzer division.

Canada was also curcial in the defense of the Atlantic Ocean, which is a whole different story entirely.

This may be a bit late but I remember hearing British Royal marines also landed on Juno beach with the Canadians?
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." - Mikhail Bakunin
"Dispassionate, fair, equal"
Oh you wanted a serious response, why didn't you just say so.
b2e98ad6f6eb8508dd6a14cfa704bad7f05f6fb

Offline Delta901

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2012, 11:19:08 pm »

This may be a bit late but I remember hearing British Royal marines also landed on Juno beach with the Canadians?
They did but in a different spot I'm pretty sure. Because The Canadians were the first one to break the German Atlantic Defenses