Author Topic: NA All-Time Duelists/Groupfighters*UPDATE*  (Read 159000 times)

Offline Maple™

• Captain
  • GLORIOUS MELEE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Boy Wonder
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NA All-Time Duelists/Groupfighters
« Reply #660 on: July 17, 2019, 03:53:48 am »
these lists are filled with too much old gen trash

In fact im gonna call out every mediocre ass player on this list

gfers: Who-: Mediocre gfer, hardly a carry, just another mediocre 12th boi (would be avg - below avg by 2019 standards)

Coconut: better than who-, still mediocre 12th boi

zed: Because he was defensive and knew how to block he's one of the best groupfighters ever? Sleek is waaaaay better than his overrated beaner ass ever was. I'm smelling heavy 12th bias here maple.

Zork: I honestly didn't see him play enough, so not entirely sure how good he actually was. My impression of him though from what I can remember is that he wasnt much better than the average 12th normie. (Any jackass can be good in a stacked team)

Breaches: same as Zork

Steven: Don't remember him being particularly outstanding. Maybe a god by 63e standards but not by good player standards

PJ: Not really much different from the rest of the spazzy adderall 500 APM 3eVolt kiddos. Don't see how he's on the list but someone like Armada not.

RitZ: Absolutely SHAT on players who couldn't block with 200 hrs or less in the game do to his a key feints. But would often get stuck in duels or himself shat on when against someone competent. I see Maple loves his 3eVolt/12th kids.

DarthJezus: Mediocre. Only a nostalgiafag would consider him good by 2019 standards.

Blade: Not a carry, was an average "good" player on in a stacked regiment. He didnt feint much either, his up attack dolphins are all I really remember from him.

Redrum: lole just an avg 12th kid

Maple: u suk at gfing lole

5hine: this dude was not good at all

doolists: Achilles: they guy could blockchamber, but not really better than anyone else with sub 25 ping...

Ap0c: Never really a great duelist in my opinion, and nothing about his playstyle sticks out in my memory.Pino

Pinoy: Don't know why people put this toxic boi on any list really, i feel like he's too afraid to play for extended periods of time so that people would think he's good (instead of just playing with other good players when he is on)

Pointblank: Good player in an age of retards. Would get clapped by most of us by now.

SilentMan: just because you lost to him maple doesn't make him good.

Ghost: Not much of a duelist, much better gfer

RitZ: read above

Chambering: Cade: was good for like 3 months, because he upchambered alot (which at the time nobody was used to or expected).

Serpenta: lole

Steven: wasn't much better of a chamberer than fartknocker

John Sanders: all he does is a and d key now, not much better of a chamberer than anyone else

skinny: not much better than the average "good" player at chambering

Defense: Dj: he knew how to block up downs, cool

zed: worse version of sleek

KOSJ: not really a defensive player from what I've seen, he's a much better gfer and good at up downing people but not at defending them himself.

Alexander: If you consider s keying a skill then sure. (makes a ton of sense he plays csgo where theres like 1 minute of actual gunfights for every 5 minutes of nothing)

Pj: ???

Redwall: lole

Me: only if I have less than 50 ping (which is never)

Wall: not much better at defense than anyone else

ok i dont care about the other lists

seems like you're trolling with about half or more of the players on these lists, but if u aren't being cap i'll tell u why you're wrong for most of these

Offline Mexican

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • perpetually injected with Imipolex G since 2013
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Meximemer
  • Side: Union
« Reply #661 on: July 17, 2019, 03:55:03 am »
please, enlighten me
666x 1v1 Champion | 69x 5v5 Winner | 420x Regimental Champion | 1x Autistic Memer Award

Offline Runepkyz

• Major
  • Hey, How are you! Best EU.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: PonyBoy
« Reply #662 on: July 17, 2019, 03:55:21 am »
Cade was a Phenom but came and went.
8=====================D ~ ~ ~ ~

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #663 on: July 17, 2019, 03:58:02 am »
How can you call the 12th stacked but call all their good members mediocre?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 04:05:05 am by BabyJesus »
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #664 on: July 17, 2019, 04:07:10 am »
How can you call the 12th stacked but call all their good members medicore?

Wasn't around when they were the 12th really, but when the 18th formed they were probably the best reg I've ever played against in all my years in the 63e.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Mexican

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: July 17, 2019, 04:08:22 am »
put them all together and they’re great! the 12th is probably the best regiment to touch this game! individually however are they really that great? put them in with a mix of mediocre and some good players and they do poorly.

I think mathias, ghost, tammo, and jackie were the ones who stood out in skill, everyone else was good but not especially so.

Also babyj ur new gen trash who came after 12th disbanded lole
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 04:13:08 am by Mexican »
666x 1v1 Champion | 69x 5v5 Winner | 420x Regimental Champion | 1x Autistic Memer Award

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: July 17, 2019, 04:16:17 am »
put them all together and they’re great! the 12th is probably the best regiment to touch this game! individually however are they really that great? put them in with a mix of mediocre and some good players and they do poorly.

I think mathias, ghost, tammo, and jackie were the ones who stood out in skill, everyone else was good but not especially so.

Also babyj ur new gen trash who came after 12th disbanded lole

Woah wtf BabyJ ain't trash. You're talking about the most average player of all time here. Dude is a legend.

Offline Maple™

• Captain
  • GLORIOUS MELEE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Boy Wonder
« Reply #667 on: July 17, 2019, 04:22:33 am »
these lists are filled with too much old gen trash

In fact, I'm gonna call out every mediocre ass player on this list
I'll go ahead and preface this with my opinion on the whole "old gen vs new gen" debate
Spoiler
so, most games have new things constantly being added or changed, making players change the way they play. The devs didn't touch NW melee for 5 years after 2013. Yes, the average player did get better over time, but the top players (Top 10 or Top 20,) already knew how to use the games mechanics...its a 2 attack direction game w/o stamina, everyone uses the same weapon, same stats and theres static blocking. The argument that it took top players 5 years (2012-2017) to learn how to use the games mechanics to their best ability is just laughable. It is the Top players in every game who decide the new meta, not the other 99%. NW's meta (In NA at least) was,

2012-2014: More aggressive playstyles, feints, some chambers.
2015-2016: Counter heavy playstyle, lots of chambers, stuns, some feints but still pretty aggressive.
2017-Now: More passive focused, heavy focus on stuns, holds, kicks, and counter chambering

Again, this was not how EVERY player played, but it was generally the meta
All that changed was the way the top players played, which trickled down into the rest of the community.
I do agree that groupfighting did improve a lot over the years (generally speaking for NA only, again the top regiments and teams were still good at groupfighting), as there was also a shift towards more teamplay in NA in its latter years
[close]

gfers: Who-: Mediocre gfer, hardly a carry, just another mediocre 12th boi (would be avg - below avg by 2019 standards)Maybe I can see an argument for this, but during his time he was one of the best gfers in the game, and he came back in 2015 and still carried. 

Coconut: better than who-, still mediocre 12th boi Can't comment too much on his own skill, i put him there because of reputation and what i've heard others say about him

zed: Because he was defensive and knew how to block he's one of the best groupfighters ever? Sleek is waaaaay better than his overrated beaner ass ever was. I'm smelling heavy 12th bias here maple. not bias, i think zzed is overrated by old gens as well (as far as dueling goes, sry bby), but he was one of the best gfers in his time as well, esp in smaller gfs.

Zork: I honestly didn't see him play enough, so not entirely sure how good he actually was. My impression of him though from what I can remember is that he wasn't much better than the average 12th normie. (Any jackass can be good in a stacked team) This guy was really good, maybe he could be moved to an honorable mention, but based off reputation i put him here

Breaches: same as Zork another player who was considered to be top 3 gfers of his time, but i put him here based on rep

Steven: Don't remember him being particularly outstanding. Maybe a god by 63e standards but not by good player standards Put him in here because he was a big carry for 63e and helped them succeed in a competitive scene, him and a few others basically carried 63e

PJ: Not really much different from the rest of the spazzy adderall 500 APM 3eVolt kiddos. Don't see how he's on the list but someone like Armada not. wrong, he was usually always top fragging at 3e GFs and linebattles, i was there

RitZ: Absolutely SHAT on players who couldn't block with 200 hrs or less in the game do to his a-key feints. But would often get stuck in duels or himself shat on when against someone competent. I see Maple loves his 3eVolt/12th kids. another player put in based on rep, but again he was the 3evolt carry back in the day, for a good 2 years

DarthJezus: Mediocre. Only a nostalgiafag would consider him good by 2019 standards. i could agree with you, rep based

Blade: Not a carry, was an average "good" player on in a stacked regiment. He didn't feint much either, his up attack dolphins are all I really remember from him. another arguement i could see

Redrum: lole just an avg 12th kid from my understanding he was mainly remembered as a big carry for the 63e in the past

Maple: u suk at gfing lole lol, tired meme, all i can say is i have more small gf tournament wins than most people in nw and i top fragged in 3e and other regs i was in

5hine: this dude was not good at all put him in based on rep, could be changed

doolists: Achilles: the guy could blockchamber, but not really better than anyone else with sub 25 ping...he was one of the toughest players for me to duel against, and if i remember he was one of the best (top 5) for a good portion of 2016

Ap0c: Never really a great duelist in my opinion; nothing about his playstyle sticks out in my memory. one of the players i truly accept as my superior, he shut down my playstyle and tammos when he was active

Pinoy: Don't know why people put this toxic boi on any list really, i feel like he's too afraid to play for extended periods of time so that people would think he's good (instead of just playing with other good players when he is on) massively underrated played, he had godlike mechanics and game sense when he was prime, he just didn't like to ft7 or compete in tournaments

Pointblank: Good player in an age of retards. Would get clapped by most of us by now. could agree, but he is a 2013/4 legend so i put him here

SilentMan: just because you lost to him maple doesn't make him good.i never even played against him, but jackie + a lot of others old gens said he was one of the best NA duelists for a while

Ghost: Not much of a duelist, much better gfer lol, guarantee he could come back into the game and be top 5 within a month. he retains a lot of muscle memory, he's a gem.

RitZ: read above great duelist, first to use kicks/turkish kicks really effectively, he was able to go 7-5 with jackie in 2015

Chambering: Cade: was good for like 3 months, because he upchambered a lot (which at the time nobody was used to or expected).LOL, you're really gonna tell me people didn't know how to deal with upchambers in 2016? ur a trole

Serpenta: lole according to a lot of old gens he was the first player to use chambering effectively as an actual style instead of a gimmick

Steven: wasn't much better of a chamberer than fartknocker i would say in their respective primes they're around the same level, but i think steven had better up chambers

John Sanders: all he does is a and d key now, not much better of a chamberer than anyone else he applies chambers in very unique ways and gets angles (idk about now, but in the earlier years yes)

skinny: not much better than the average "good" player at chambering his chambering was on par with jackie at the time

okay for this list i wasn't too sure who to add for some slots, so if u gave me a "better" list i would possibly change it
Defense: Dj: he knew how to block up downs, cool

zed: worse version of sleek

KOSJ: not really a defensive player from what I've seen, he's a much better gfer and good at up downing people but not at defending them himself.

Alexander: If you consider s keying a skill then sure. (makes a ton of sense he plays csgo where there's like 1 minute of actual gunfights for every 5 minutes of nothing)

Pj: ???

Redwall: lole

Me: only if I have less than 50 ping (which is never)

Wall: not much better at defense than anyone else

ok i dont care about the other lists

Offline Mexican

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: July 17, 2019, 04:23:28 am »
also every player on the new gen list (sans epix trigo and hawkins, who tf are these kids lole) is equivalent or better than who I’ve listed above

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 17, 2019, 04:32:26 am »
Don't forget that PJ was also a huge part of the 63e. That Cubano got 18 of his men killed by one cannonball in a pub event, legendary blunder. Also, Steven in his prime probably had the second best feints behind Emo during that time I'd argue. Underrated player by a lot of people.

Offline Superbad

• Ros the whore of Winterfell
  • Donator
  • Nothing gold can stay...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SuperbadV
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #670 on: July 17, 2019, 04:37:17 am »
:(:(

I have won a 6v6 tournament.
I've placed second at a 5v5 league.
I've placed third twice at this tournament and this one.

:(

#IFeelLikeI'mHeavilyUnderrated

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #671 on: July 17, 2019, 04:38:36 am »

wow, the goat right here

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Superbad

• Ros the whore of Winterfell
  • Donator
  • Nothing gold can stay...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SuperbadV
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #672 on: July 17, 2019, 04:40:50 am »

wow, the goat right here

This discrimination wouldn't have happened if you were still CR...

Offline Godsworn Alexiel

• Corporal
  • peepochrist
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: July 17, 2019, 06:43:28 am »
All old gens are bad lole

Also I should be best weeb #1 hands down

I united the weebs and lead them in the charge for the freedom of anime

Without me, anime would still be stigmatized in this community

I truly saved our community
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 06:54:58 am by Godsworn Alexiel »
i can deadlift 700 pounds

chadlite in training

Offline fireboy

• Colonel
  • 84th/45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fireboy
« Reply #674 on: July 17, 2019, 08:28:31 am »
I’m pretty sure 5hine could 7-0 Mexicant lol u were a  22e shitter back then :-X Also pretty sure he had more tournament wins than you and he was only active from like 2013-2016
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 08:52:38 am by fireboy »
[AEF/55th]Anthony 7:12 PM:
you have such a basic style/skillset
but you have the highest ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ GFing IQ i know