Poll

Some Community submissions are not yet submitted. Wait for them?

Yes!
8 (38.1%)
Yes, but not longer than another month.
4 (19%)
No, put Patch into beta as soon as possible.
2 (9.5%)
I dont care, Hinkel is love!
7 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: North and South - 1.2 Discussionthread  (Read 45456 times)

Offline Museal

• Donator
  • 9e Col Museal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Museal
  • Side: Union
Re: North and South - 1.2 Discussionthread
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2019, 12:17:03 am »
Admin tool have a TP for when admins are dead or in spectator so they don't need to be alive to TP
(NW) 9e Col Museal + (IE) 2ndDLI Col Museal  + (BI) Nr2_GrenWut_Ob_Museal + (NaS)(Union Brigade) UB 4thMI MajGen Museal  + (1812) LVQ_Col_Museal+ (AZ) HMSBC_Museal +(BCOF) 4thMI Col Museal

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2019, 12:22:02 am »
The North American side of this community would love to look into the ability to vote players to be banned from the mod. We all want to be able to control who comes to events and such, and have agreed on this via a teamspeak discussion. So many people on this mod are toxic and want to be in control, and see themselves as the reason this mod is alive again. That's just simply not the case. We have come up with some ideas if you'd like to hear them hinkel.

Moraine?

Offline J. Campbell

• First Lieutenant
  • Commanding Officer of the 14th Buckinghamshire
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 14th_Cpt_John_Campbell
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2019, 12:29:41 am »
The North American side of this community would love to look into the ability to vote players to be banned from the mod. We all want to be able to control who comes to events and such, and have agreed on this via a teamspeak discussion. So many people on this mod are toxic and want to be in control, and see themselves as the reason this mod is alive again. That's just simply not the case. We have come up with some ideas if you'd like to hear them hinkel.

Moraine?
Haha no never that, couldn't be a fun day without Moraine popping up and being retarded. No we don't want anybody banned yet, but we'd like to be able to have that option.

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2019, 01:05:32 am »
Banning people doesn't work in 2019 everyone has at least 4 guid keys

Offline J. Campbell

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2019, 01:19:29 am »
Banning people doesn't work in 2019 everyone has at least 4 guid keys
It will limit their power though. People are starting to think they are the mod, and that's not happening.

Offline Duke Of LongTree

• First Lieutenant
  • 1stRM/USMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2019, 04:26:49 pm »
you cant ban people from a mod lol

Offline J. Campbell

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2019, 04:34:29 pm »
you cant ban people from a mod lol
You can, it's been done numerous times on MoR and MnG.

Offline Malkolm R. Lind

• Major
  • Why do drugs when you can listen to music?
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Illya
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2019, 07:06:45 pm »
We all want to be able to control who comes to events and such, and have agreed on this via a teamspeak discussion. So many people on this mod are toxic and want to be in control, and see themselves as the reason this mod is alive again.
That sounds immensely ironic. Who in in the world is "we"? It's like you think it's okay to get rid of certain players just because you don't like them. If that goes through it'll suddenly sound like you want to be in control instead. You can't simply ban someone because they're toxic. Let server admins deal with that instead.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 07:08:49 pm by Malkolm R. Lind »

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2019, 09:14:27 pm »
We all want to be able to control who comes to events and such, and have agreed on this via a teamspeak discussion. So many people on this mod are toxic and want to be in control, and see themselves as the reason this mod is alive again.
That sounds immensely ironic. Who in in the world is "we"? It's like you think it's okay to get rid of certain players just because you don't like them. If that goes through it'll suddenly sound like you want to be in control instead. You can't simply ban someone because they're toxic. Let server admins deal with that instead.

Offline J. Campbell

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2019, 11:10:10 pm »
"We" is the 8th Vriginia, 7th new York, 55th IL, and a few other regiments of the North American community. And actually no, I wasn't the one we were going to put in charge of anything, it would be the leader of the 8thVA. People of the Mount and Blade, starting with Mroaine and clearly ending with you, take shots and blows at a discussion they have no actual knowledge of, hence why we would want to implement this. So we don't have to even deal with you toxic people any longer.

Offline Lilja Mariasdóttir

• Board Moderator
  • Ist ein Schaf in einer Tasse
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2019, 01:03:47 am »
1. Please dont use this thread for personal arguments, insults and stuff. I will delete any further comment, which is about personal conflicts and not about the mod and the patch.

2. If you have problems with people, ban them from your servers/events if necessary, but there wont be global bans. Not only I wouldnt know who should decide on them, they also are practically impossible to enforce. Real trolls have multiple accounts. This subject is hereby closed.

3. Goomba, you were several times told to stay away from this sub-forum. Please follow.

4. This is a good point and will be added.
Admin tool have a TP for when admins are dead or in spectator so they don't need to be alive to TP
Seehofer schafft das Heer ab.

Offline Dredd

• Second Lieutenant
  • 2e(AU) - 84th(NA)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Dredd
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2019, 06:29:43 am »
Banning people from whole mods is plain idiocy, one of the roles of server/event admins is to look after their own servers,

Offline Lilja Mariasdóttir

• Board Moderator
  • Ist ein Schaf in einer Tasse
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2019, 01:33:25 pm »
I would like to organize meetings this weekend! I will soon announce a date for a public meeting for free regiments. Please add me, to tell me what date would be best for you!

Wüstenkrieger

Also there will be separated meetings with each of the corps/armies. There are 3 at the moment (DA, I-Corps and NYB), if I am not mistaken (if there are more, let me know).

Reminder: There is also a groupchat about the patch in Steam. Add me to be added to the chat.

The meetings will be used to discuss planned features and to suggest new features. Keep in mind, that most planned features are suggestions on their own and can be discussed, changed or removed.

Seehofer schafft das Heer ab.

Offline HeyChange

• Private
  • Colonel of the 8th Virginia - HA of NAS Events
    • View Profile
    • Steam NAS Community Page
  • Nick: Change
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2019, 12:57:10 am »
As far as the DA meeting goes, I think it should go through. For the NA with the I corps, it's not really a thing anymore with about 10 guys and the NYB is kind of in the same state at the moment. Most of the NA are independent or would rather work together as a group. I recommend not having a separate meeting for the I corps and NYB because it would just not go anywhere and you would be leaving out the whole NA community.
Colonel of the 8th Virginia
Former Brigadier General of Pickett's Brigade

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2019, 01:31:24 am »
eldest NA left that plays once a week add me B)