Author Topic: Have a question about Modding? Ask Here!  (Read 307989 times)

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ivkolya
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Have a question about Modding? Ask Here!
« Reply #1605 on: January 30, 2017, 09:54:51 pm »
Wait, there is a new module system?

I think so, since in the Commander Battle mode there are musicians and flag-bearers now (which is awesome)

Offline Frederik

• Donator
  • Never forget 03.09.2015 #freeturin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: January 30, 2017, 10:56:24 pm »

I think so, since in the Commander Battle mode there are musicians and flag-bearers now (which is awesome)
isn't that just a serverside mod done by canade_tachiba?
ich will dich für android
He's a well-known nationalist with no respect for actual history or historians.
For a second I thought you were talking about me. :3

Offline Lilja Mariasdóttir

• Colonel
  • Ist ein Schaf in einer Tasse
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1607 on: January 31, 2017, 12:34:07 pm »

isn't that just a serverside mod done by canade_tachiba?
That´s it probably, fru_deric.
Seehofer schafft das Heer ab.

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: January 31, 2017, 01:39:58 pm »
Thank you for answers! I thought it is because of some new module system< because I checked - if I host the server - there are musicians and flag-bearers in Commander Battle.

Offline Grozni

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: RRA_10thRH_SoH_Grozni
« Reply #1609 on: January 31, 2017, 02:01:12 pm »
nevermind
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 07:00:11 pm by Grozni »

Offline cwca

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1610 on: January 31, 2017, 08:41:13 pm »
How do I create shading for my textures? for example, when I stand under a tree, the texture stays the same? Is it something I need to change in OpenBRF or is it something to do with the texture itself?

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: January 31, 2017, 09:01:30 pm »
I was trying to add drummers and flagbearers to my mod. But the codes didnt work. Could somebody help? Provide me with some working codes?

Offline cwca

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: January 31, 2017, 09:47:28 pm »
I was trying to add drummers and flagbearers to my mod. But the codes didnt work. Could somebody help? Provide me with some working codes?

could you show me the code you wrote?

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: February 01, 2017, 07:04:25 am »

could you show me the code you wrote?
The codes were made by another guy, not me
Also its more complicated than you might think. There are thousands of lines of code in about 3 separate files. The worst problem is when I use build_module.bat, no error shows. A friend of my friend tried to fix this, but it didnt work

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: February 01, 2017, 06:59:44 pm »
Thank you for answers! I thought it is because of some new module system< because I checked - if I host the server - there are musicians and flag-bearers in Commander Battle.

Wait, what? Where did you get those server files? I don't think the game was updated, so you somehow ended up having a modified version without obtaining modder's permission. There are only two musician mods I know of, original one made by Tachibana and a version made by me. Do hussars also get a trumpet?

I'm terribly sorry, guys, it seems I didn't check it in standart NW, but went straight to my Crimean war module. I'm sorry:)
Still - that's awesome, to have musicians and flag-bearers in CB:)

Offline Johny_Nawalony

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1615 on: February 01, 2017, 11:23:37 pm »
I've tried to replace "Garde Briquet" to add the dangling thingy which grenadiers and voltigeurs had.
Spoiler
[close]
With the unsheathed version it worked. But the one in scabbard was still the same thought it was changed in brf
Spoiler
[close]
Does anyone know what's the problem?
I can do paid skin comissions so yeah msg if ya want one

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: February 03, 2017, 11:02:59 pm »
Hi all! I've generated 5 new faces for French soldiers (most of them with moustage and beard as Napoleon III had, very popular in France at that time), but when I checked in the game, some of French soldiers have other hair than what I have set. There are only 5 face kinds in range, with new names, added to the end of list of faces, there are no face types with hair meshes a_la_russian_grenadier or a_la_hussard_v2, but some soldiers have them, as on this screenshot. Is it possible to make faces exactly as I've generated?

Spoiler
[close]

And also second question - is it possible to vary size of human's skeleton, so soldiers will be not of the same height, and some troops will be bigger than others (as grenadiers will be bigger than voltigeurs)?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 07:53:16 pm by Ivkolya »

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: February 19, 2017, 07:55:16 pm »
And also related question - how can I disable random head size? Hats I made don't fit big heads, and if I'll make just bigger hats - they will look too big on smaller heads.

AeroNinja

« Reply #1618 on: February 21, 2017, 11:56:11 am »
So in these resource files I see uni.equip.brf and a lot of other "uni's"

Does someone know what they stand for and what these files do?

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: February 21, 2017, 08:34:56 pm »
How do I create shading for my textures? for example, when I stand under a tree, the texture stays the same? Is it something I need to change in OpenBRF or is it something to do with the texture itself?
You want to check that the model's material first has a shader applied that is not standart_shader. Check regular NW uniforms in openBRF for the typical shader a torso, pants or hat uses along with the Spec RGB and Coeff numbers with the flags. Most usual uniform materials have flags of 20. Your texture should also have the flags AA000 added in openBRF's Texture tab.

I've tried to replace "Garde Briquet" to add the dangling thingy which grenadiers and voltigeurs had.
Spoiler
[close]
With the unsheathed version it worked. But the one in scabbard was still the same thought it was changed in brf
Spoiler
[close]
Does anyone know what's the problem?
The problem may be the new sheath scabbared model is not named the same as the default one to appear in-game in client-side mods. The new scabbard should have vertex animation as well, this may or may not be doable of a detail to add an extra thing to a scabbard. Depending on vertex animation, probably.

So in these resource files I see uni.equip.brf and a lot of other "uni's"

Does someone know what they stand for and what these files do?
uni_equip.brf is one of many files that store the module's animations used in-game.
I would guess uni stands for universal as these are also animation files that are used almost, if not, universally in the CommonRes and were perhaps required/altered/left over for Napoleonic Wars for its own Resource folder. (Ani_) named files are the other animation brf files. That, and for NW, mmanimations.brf is commonly used.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 10:31:01 pm by usnavy30 »
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.