Author Topic: Iron Europe - WW1 Mod Patch 1.1 released!  (Read 13747 times)

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Iron Europe - WW1 Mod Patch 1.1 released!
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2014, 11:51:21 pm »
Server files absence, so I've rented a Windows vServer, installed Steam, installed Warband, started NW(which obviously crashed, but was necessary for IronEurope to find NW), installed Iron Europe 1.0 and 1.1, ripped Music, Textures, Sounds etc., and zipped it into a file: <link>
Just unpack, edit the ironeurope.txt and start via the .bat(Windows) or via .sh(Linux with wine)

Best wishes,
Nettelbeck

And yes, <link> also has all the other files inside, with 10GBit connection, happy loading.
I'm pretty sure that there's a reason they didn't release it early as a just a big file, need the installer so it can check to ensure that they own NW, so this is kinda not allowed I think.
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline Nettelbeck

• Private
  • AR_Nr1 Servermonkey and occasionally artilleryman
    • View Profile
    • SolSoCoGs Blog
  • Nick: Nettelbeck
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2014, 11:57:47 pm »
Server files absence, so I've rented a Windows vServer, installed Steam, installed Warband, started NW(which obviously crashed, but was necessary for IronEurope to find NW), installed Iron Europe 1.0 and 1.1, ripped Music, Textures, Sounds etc., and zipped it into a file: <link>
Just unpack, edit the ironeurope.txt and start via the .bat(Windows) or via .sh(Linux with wine)

Best wishes,
Nettelbeck

And yes, <link> also has all the other files inside, with 10GBit connection, happy loading.
I'm pretty sure that there's a reason they didn't release it early as a just a big file, need the installer so it can check to ensure that they own NW, so this is kinda not allowed I think.

So. You think the official Taleworlds page is breaking the law by publishing their NW serverfiles, is that the case? http://download2.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_napoleonic_wars_dedicated_1158_nw_1104.zip

Clients also have the needed files for server inside, so.

I think, the NW check is just out of convenience for the user, and that there has been no serverfiles yet should be because of... laziness I guess :P

Also, chill. Its just the serverfiles, I'm not offering a pirated version of the game itself or something like that o.O.
Joachim Nettelbeck (1738–1824), seaman, representative during occupation of Kolberg 1807

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2014, 11:58:59 pm »

Best wishes,
Nettelbeck

So. You think the official Taleworlds page is breaking the law by publishing their NW serverfiles, is that the case? http://download2.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_napoleonic_wars_dedicated_1158_nw_1104.zip

Clients also have the needed files for server inside, so.

I think, the NW check is just out of convenience for the user, and that there has been no serverfiles yet should be because of... laziness I guess :P

Also, chill. Its just the serverfiles, I'm not offering a pirated version of the game itself or something like that o.O.
Ah, sorry, I think I misinterpreted the post, nevermind silly me  :-X
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline DanyEle

• Board Moderator
  • Sssh! I'm coding, don't disturb :D
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DanyEle
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2014, 04:53:36 pm »
Server files absence, so I've rented a Windows vServer, installed Steam, installed Warband, started NW(which obviously crashed, but was necessary for IronEurope to find NW), installed Iron Europe 1.0 and 1.1, ripped Music, Textures, Sounds etc., and zipped it into a file:

Best wishes,
Nettelbeck

And yes,also has all the other files inside, with 10GBit connection, happy loading.

It's not laziness, but just developers' intention not to release server files to prevent too many servers from being set up. That'd probably lead to public players getting lost on a hundred of tiny private servers, as many mod's released already proved. Server files would have been released a week or so after the mod's release, which should be.... in 4 days or so. Although i appreciate the fact that you put all those files free for download on your own server, i must remove that download link from the forums until official server files will be released by the Development Team.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 05:18:50 pm by DanyEle »

Offline Nettelbeck

• Private
  • AR_Nr1 Servermonkey and occasionally artilleryman
    • View Profile
    • SolSoCoGs Blog
  • Nick: Nettelbeck
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2014, 05:13:15 pm »
Uhm kay, so you classify the general server guys that want servers as complete morons, because the files are obviously delivered within every client.

I'm thankful for your appreciation, though.
Greets.
Joachim Nettelbeck (1738–1824), seaman, representative during occupation of Kolberg 1807

Offline DanyEle

• Board Moderator
  • Sssh! I'm coding, don't disturb :D
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DanyEle
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2014, 05:18:40 pm »
I actually think server hosters have some more in-depth technical knowledge then average users, yet distributing server files would certainly lead to an increase of servers. Instead, not releasing them at all would make it sligthly more complicated to set up a server.

Offline vini60

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2014, 11:03:11 pm »
I downloaded the patch but still no fix for lag issues for me, I live in Brazil and all the servers with more than 50 people lag every 30 seconds. I can play with other 200 people in NW so I don't believe the problem is me.

Offline -~Carson~-

• Corporal
  • thatguy1234
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2014, 06:50:15 pm »
cool thanks for the patch!