Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 526206 times)

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The General Political Thread
« Reply #4455 on: November 07, 2018, 08:08:02 pm »
Well at least I can rest easy knowing that literally nothing will be done by the government for the next two years.

I'm extremely impressed Ted Cruz won but at the same time I think this means Bloomberg won't be the 2020 candidate which makes me sad. I respect his financial responsibility and wouldn't mind him winning as the Democratic candidate.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #4456 on: November 07, 2018, 08:38:26 pm »
The Michigan elections went as I expected. Duck Debbie Stabenow

Also weed is legal now I guess
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
« Reply #4457 on: November 07, 2018, 08:53:09 pm »
Well at least I can rest easy knowing that literally nothing will be done by the government for the next two years.

I'm extremely impressed Ted Cruz won but at the same time I think this means Bloomberg won't be the 2020 candidate which makes me sad. I respect his financial responsibility and wouldn't mind him winning as the Democratic candidate.
You certain the DNC nominee will be Beto?  He has a good chance but is most likely going to contend with the likes of Biden and Harris, so Bloomberg isn't out of the question.

Now what would be entertaining is Mike using his massive financial assets to form a centrist/classical liberal party that gains steam.  But thats so far fetched that Jill Stein has a better chance of getting 3% of the vote in another presidential bid.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4458 on: November 07, 2018, 09:27:20 pm »

You certain the DNC nominee will be Beto?  He has a good chance but is most likely going to contend with the likes of Biden and Harris, so Bloomberg isn't out of the question.

Now what would be entertaining is Mike using his massive financial assets to form a centrist/classical liberal party that gains steam.  But thats so far fetched that Jill Stein has a better chance of getting 3% of the vote in another presidential bid.
If anything it would have the same effect as Teddy Roosevelt's ill-fated Bull-Moose (Progressive) Party which only weakened the Republicans allowing for a Democrat to win for the first time in decades. I think Beto resonates with young people and it seems like the D's are changing their appeal as less of that of the working/union class and more of that of young voters. It's a bold move and perhaps shows that Unions/traditional energy jobs will lean Republican from now on, which they have lately.
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
[close]

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #4459 on: November 08, 2018, 02:09:52 pm »
It's still amazing how the Republicans lost the house and Trump claims a 'historic republican victory'... granted, the reps weren't defeated, but it certainly wasn't a victory let alone historic.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Oatmeal

« Reply #4460 on: November 08, 2018, 04:12:55 pm »
trump is fucked

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
« Reply #4461 on: November 08, 2018, 05:02:30 pm »
Schiff and Hoyer are indicating that impeachment proceedings are looming, and Mueller is more than likely to reveal his findings in the next few months. Not looking good for The Donald.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4462 on: November 08, 2018, 07:28:39 pm »
A Republican senate most likely means that Trump won't be impeached unless he does something crazy (which you never know at this point) but it will badly affect his running chances in 2020.
Spoiler
[close]

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King DaMonkey I
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4463 on: November 08, 2018, 11:12:01 pm »
Impeachment lies solely with the House; the Senate is responsible for actual criminal charges after the fact.
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
« Reply #4464 on: November 09, 2018, 12:07:17 am »
Yeah impeachment is only half the picture. Bill got impeached but was acquitted by the entirety of Democratic senate. 
Considering that Mr. NoSexualRelations was a far more agreeable president, I suspect it wouldn't take much at this point for Trump to tick off some of the Republicans and see him out of 1600 Penn.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4465 on: November 09, 2018, 01:34:57 am »
Yeah impeachment is only half the picture. Bill got impeached but was acquitted by the entirety of Democratic senate. 
Considering that Mr. NoSexualRelations was a far more agreeable president, I suspect it wouldn't take much at this point for Trump to tick off some of the Republicans and see him out of 1600 Penn.

Hmmm, define 'agreeable'.....with Clinton there was a scandal every few months on everything from sex to money. Not to mention some suspicious deaths thrown into the mix too.

Clinton is a psychopath, Trump's a narcissist. Out of the two it's the former that's the greater danger.

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
« Reply #4466 on: November 09, 2018, 02:58:14 am »

Hmmm, define 'agreeable'.....with Clinton there was a scandal every few months on everything from sex to money. Not to mention some suspicious deaths thrown into the mix too.

Clinton is a psychopath, Trump's a narcissist. Out of the two it's the former that's the greater danger.
I am mostly referring to Clinton not having a sizable portion of his own party either feuding with him or being uncooperative, including some bipartisan support here and there. Granted he was playing off the whole "New Democrats" thing and whatnot but still.  Trump can probably keep the majority of the party on his side since they really don't want to hand the power over to the Dems, that isn't to say though that Trump lacks a solid base.  As for Billy Boy, I wouldn't go as far as saying he is a psychopath, but he was shady for sure. 

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4467 on: November 09, 2018, 04:51:05 pm »
I just hope Democrats can get an adequate presidential candidate that can beat Trump in 2020.

Well Trump might be a traitor to so..
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 07:04:38 pm by Furrnox »

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #4468 on: November 09, 2018, 08:26:29 pm »
So how's that wall doing?

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain