Poll

Do you want me to post bi-weekly updates?

Yes
28 (77.8%)
No
8 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: June 05, 2017, 10:14:12 pm

Author Topic: Community Rep Post - June-July Term  (Read 12776 times)

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
Community Rep Post - June-July Term
« on: June 01, 2017, 10:13:06 pm »
Hi. I'm your new CR for this term, and this post will be a brief introduction and outline of my goals for the position.

First off, it is a known fact that I have a significant history at odds with the moderation, accumulating many mutes/warns and ultimately being banned twice. However, this is to my benefit - while my position requires me to act as a bridge between the moderation and the community, I am well aware of the concerns about how the forum handles its discipline. Therefore, as CR complaints about moderation to me will not fall on deaf ears. I will fight for you if you are mistreated, to the best of my ability.

The community is not a small collection of "powerful" people. It's everyone who uses the forum or plays the game, and in this position, I will listen to everyone's opinions and complaints equally. I am not CR to serve the interests of any specific regiment, group, or player. Everyone, no matter their history with me or moderation, has a voice, and I will listen.

In regards to day to day moderation, I plan to take a passive and objective role, as best as possible. Whether you were my pen pal in grade 5 or my "greatest enemy" the rules apply to you all equally, and if you choose not to, the consequences apply to you the same as to anyone else. Most likely I'll just tell you to stop, and no further action will be taken - heavy-handedness, when not required, hurts everyone.

After watching previous CR's try and fail to push forward some project or plan, it's manifestly clear that promising the moon about some revival project or boycott doesn't work. When approaching ideas to vitalize our game and expand the community, we must think reasonably and realistically about what will or will not work, otherwise, it's a waste of our time. I believe the role of CR is not to have a project with the aim of completion, but to be a bridge between the community and moderation when situations arise that require attention.

In saying that, however, I would like to use my position as CR to not only provide a bridge between the community and the administration but to bridge the different communities: for too long, the Cavalry and Casual communities in North America have been completely separate and distant from the competitive side. I hope, at the very least, to make the gap smaller, and will make careful steps at doing this. I am already in discussion with people who share this goal, and I request that if anyone has any ideas or contacts to help this process, or have any questions or concerns about this, to contact me on steam, via P.M, or just simply post here.

Previous CR's, notably Junedragon, believed that it would be effective for community communication to have a "round table" of regimental and community leaders. I completely agree with this and believe that having regimental representatives to "speak" for their side on some positions is essential for smooth communication. However, an organized process like this is difficult to manage, and even more difficult to police. I'm mulling around the idea of setting up a discord for community/reg leaders for communication and problem solving like this. Obviously, there are problems, like who should be invited, and how many people from each reg, etc. but I'll update you on that.

Unless everyone really wants it, I won't be posting weekly updates, as it seems like a waste of time, and much of my work will be done with individuals or small groups over Steam or PM, or on the mod board. However, I'll make a poll, and if you really want them, I'll do bi-weekly updates. I've watched a few CR's burn out, and don't wish to do the same, so bi-weekly updates are the most I'll ever do.

Once again, feel free to contact me over steam or over P.M if you have any questions.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
  • Side: Union
Re: Community Rep Post - June-July Term
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 10:24:46 pm »
I for one welcome our new Canadian overlord.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 10:41:22 pm »
When you set the poll's settings to that you can't view results without voting, but you forget that applies to you as well.
FeelsBadMan.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 11:18:48 pm »
I like the sound of this, finally something getting done it looks like.

Offline SillyWilly

• Sergeant Major
  • 1v1 me na cav gf n00b
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 01:28:13 am »
No     Xethos, Theodin, CaptianJake

really gets my noggin joggin....

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 01:39:46 am »
No     Xethos, Theodin, CaptianJake

really gets my noggin joggin....
My vote counts double  8)
Spoiler
I wish
[close]

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2017, 06:02:02 am »
I for one welcome our new Canadian overlord.

Offline Kovyjack

• Captain
  • I'm gay, no homo though.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr.21
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2017, 06:14:55 am »
Not my representative.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2017, 07:36:12 am »

Offline Siwi

• Donator
  • Where is BCoF
    • View Profile
  • Nick: -|- Where is BCoF -|-
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2017, 11:04:46 am »
So hot
Quote from: George W. Bush on 9/11
Battle Cry of Freedom was an inside job
NW Leaderboards
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
NA_Groupfighting

Check out the site

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2017, 11:50:07 am »
Will Norwegian do something similar?
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Norwegian13

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2017, 04:01:30 pm »
Will Norwegian do something similar?

Yes, was actually planning to reply yesterday but I didn't have the time. Anyways, basically the same for me as Theo on EU side; feel free to come with complaints/issues/requests to me and I'll do my best to help you out.

Regarding updates, I'll look at it realistically and I can say that for now I'm not gonna make any promises about consistent updates but I'll post regularly if we're doing something. I may try doing a bi-weekly update like Theo, but as I already mentioned I am not sure yet. We'll see.

Offline Krastinov

• First Lieutenant
  • hi
    • View Profile
  • Nick: OatmealCan'tGroupfightSTINOV
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2017, 06:04:50 am »
canadians suck
The Myth, The Legend

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2017, 06:22:23 am »

Offline Pickle

• Major
  • Old-timer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SoaR-Pickle
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2017, 02:31:37 am »
Congrats, Grad!