Poll

What custom map do you most prefer should we want to try one?

Bavarian River
1 (6.3%)
Countryside
0 (0%)
Island
3 (18.8%)
Hungarian Plain
4 (25%)
Landshut
1 (6.3%)
Russian River
0 (0%)
Minden
0 (0%)
Quatre Bras
3 (18.8%)
River Crossing
0 (0%)
Strangefields
4 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: May 09, 2013, 04:26:06 am

Author Topic: Thursday Public Linebattle [NA]  (Read 67299 times)

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Thursday North American Public Linebattle [Temporarily open]
« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2013, 06:57:03 pm »
Regiment Name: 2e Chasseurs
Regiment Leader: Stefiboy
Leader's Steam: ^^
Estimated Attendance: 6-12
Desired Role: Line and Arty.
Rejected again, do not post here again. I appreciate feedback Hader, I'll see what I can do.

I'm curious to what the gripe of camping was? Us?

Was it because we built fortifications?
It's because to be effective you need more time to fire cannons. Hence meaning it is wise to keep and camp arty for safety. The cannons are the tipping point of the over specialty roles In trying to keep. Meaning that you will be needed big time or removed if I have to watch bullshit for 20 minutes.

Offline Stefiboy

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [93e]Col. Jacques Mercier
« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2013, 07:27:26 pm »
Regiment Name: 2e Chasseurs
Estimated Attendance: 6-12
Desired Role: Line and Arty.
Rejected again, do not post here again. I appreciate feedback Hader, I'll see what I can do.
Its time i express my opinion about you.
Spoiler
you're the biggest fudgemuffin ever.
[close]

Also, Kitten.
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 10:25:15 pm by Blobmania »

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2013, 08:19:19 pm »
Its time i express my opinion about you.
Spoiler
you're the biggest faggot ever.
[close]
I don't appreciate your hostile tone and denial to stop posting in the thread. You refused to properly fill out an application and I deem you unworthy of being able to being able to attend without breaking rules/bringing enough people.

Is why it was rejected, you need to give me your steam if you want to attend. Now the shit attitude is child like due to you not being able to come to the battle is uncalled for.

Offline Crawford

• Donator
  • [2ndCS] Col. River
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2013, 08:48:04 pm »

No, it's because you shoved your thumb up your ass and camped behind your artillery for 20 minutes until you were the last regiment.

Offline Hader

• Private
    • View Profile
    • Total War Center
  • Nick: _1stRddt_Inquisitor_Hader
« Reply #109 on: January 25, 2013, 10:28:05 pm »
Building fortifications is fine, especially for arty. But once started, it can get a bit carried away. I remember some Friday linebattles many months ago where this was the case, it became fort wars of attrition. This is why I like the idea of a time limit and build points limit. Just enough points to give the arty a reasonable defense against some cav or artillery shots, but not enough to create The Alamo and encourage the entire team to camp there. I didn't really see this last night at all, maybe a little bit from us if anything. But I've seen it at its worst in other battles.

And Crawford has a point, while it's nice you guys want to protect your arty as best you can, saving an entire line as large as yours to do so is overkill. Depriving the front line of your firepower is in general a bad idea. You artillery has guards for a reason, to stave off cavalry until someone else can make it back or they break off. Defending artillery that vehemently with an extra line in reserve rarely goes well in the long run.

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 26, 2013, 12:20:12 am »
I agree hadar. Although I don't its worth debating the tactic of a single event I stayed defensive more so because I fealt that our team's offence strategy wasn't working out on the last 2 maps. Plus I got to say Hadar you were doing pretty good so I didn't want my art getting killed by cav so they could counter battery xD. However I'm surprised that its so controversial.

On a side note Menalous you are blessed by the map gods you don't seem to get that many super hilly maps.

btw Menalous I believe Craw said this would be his last event in pub chat. Idk if he has told you or not. I reckon it would be a good chance to get some of the waiting regiments in.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 12:22:14 am by Millander »
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Stefiboy

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [93e]Col. Jacques Mercier
« Reply #111 on: January 26, 2013, 12:37:34 am »
By the ^^ i meant to point upwards as it was the same steam name as my forums account and my name.
And how do i have 2 few people.

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 26, 2013, 01:04:20 am »
No, it's because you shoved your thumb up your ass and camped behind your artillery for 20 minutes until you were the last regiment.

Also, as a side note I do not give a shit for being the "best" I'm here to lead my regiment in hopes of keeping some what of a respectful community alive.

Good work on keeping the "respectful" community alive.

And Crawford has a point, while it's nice you guys want to protect your arty as best you can, saving an entire line as large as yours to do so is overkill. Depriving the front line of your firepower is in general a bad idea. You artillery has guards for a reason, to stave off cavalry until someone else can make it back or they break off. Defending artillery that vehemently with an extra line in reserve rarely goes well in the long run.

I wasn't around for the majority of the 20 minute round, I was afk. I'm getting bits and pieces of it now and I can assure you this won't occur anymore.

Good work with the arty last night Hader btw...much respect.

Offline Crawford

• Donator
  • [2ndCS] Col. River
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 26, 2013, 01:16:02 am »

Also, as a side note I do not give a shit for being the "best" I'm here to lead my regiment in hopes of keeping some what of a respectful community alive.

Good work on keeping the "respectful" community alive.

I wasn't around for the majority of the 20 minute round, I was afk. I'm getting bits and pieces of it now and I can assure you this won't occur anymore.

Good work with the arty last night Hader btw...much respect.

I've tried countless times to be 'respectful' to your regiment and be honest, seems all you'd like to give back is troll responses and bullshit. So, if no one else will tell you that you're camping 30 minutes a damn round is annoying then I will, respectful or not.

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 26, 2013, 01:33:13 am »
Well craw I have no intention to argue or anything but you said this 2 times. I wouldn't call that "respectful"

Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Crawford

• Donator
  • [2ndCS] Col. River
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 26, 2013, 01:40:28 am »
Well craw I have no intention to argue or anything but you said this 2 times. I wouldn't call that "respectful"

You're right, it's not I'm no longer trying to be nice to you guys, because as I've previously stated I get nothing but bullshit in return. You do what you guys do, just don't expect to hear from us for a while. I've had enough of your immaturity and it's causing all sorts of drama.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 01:42:04 am by Crawford »

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 26, 2013, 01:47:01 am »

I've tried countless times to be 'respectful' to your regiment and be honest, seems all you'd like to give back is troll responses and bullshit. So, if no one else will tell you that you're camping 30 minutes a damn round is annoying then I will, respectful or not.

I have been nothing but respectful to you since April. Please point to a time when I trolled you or was disrespectful to you. Even where there was reg drama I sent you pm's to try and fix it (which you ignored btw). 

I will continue to be respectful to you in game because I do respect you as a player and as a regiment leader.

Offline Doctor Scherzando

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reading abnormal levels of cancer in this sector
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DoctorS.
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #117 on: January 26, 2013, 02:18:42 am »
Looking forward to next week's LB at any rate.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 02:22:41 am by Doctor Scherzando »

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 26, 2013, 05:30:45 am »
Take the conversation to PM's if needed, Stefi stop posting here under fail quotes and BBCode.

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Old Mr. Kirk
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #119 on: January 27, 2013, 06:02:25 am »
Regiment Name: 27th Infantry Battalion
Regiment Leader: Newkirk
Leader's Steam: Raging4561 (You have me)
Estimated Attendance: 8-10
Desired Role: Skirmishers