Poll

Can Labour ever recover from their current situation?

Yes
13 (36.1%)
No
23 (63.9%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: UK General Election Thread - New Poll every Sunday  (Read 31369 times)

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: UK General Election Thread - With Poll
« Reply #150 on: May 08, 2015, 01:46:09 pm »
Well goodbye Nigel Farage, Nick Clegg and Ed Miliband

I like how the internet community loves UKIP yet they won't leave the house to vote, rippyriprip.

Offline Wibpaint

• Major
  • Cav4Lyfe
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wib
« Reply #151 on: May 08, 2015, 01:49:54 pm »

I like how the internet community loves UKIP yet they won't leave the house to vote, rippyriprip.

They have got like 12% of the vote? 3.8 million votes making it the 3rd most voted party?

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #152 on: May 08, 2015, 02:26:41 pm »
Natalie Bennett will be pushed out at some point, she was utter shite with all these brain fades.

Harriet Harman, Deputy Labour leader, has also resigned. Jim Murphy, Scottish Labour Leader may also resign. Who knows, Galloway may also resign as leader of Respect (if his ego doens't get in the way).

Resignations so far:
Farage
Clegg
Miliband
Harman

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
« Reply #153 on: May 08, 2015, 02:33:32 pm »

Not only what Wib said but his seat was in an area full of mostly older people. What are you on about?

edit: also new poll!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 02:39:42 pm by USE4life »

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
Re: UK General Election Thread - With NEW Poll
« Reply #154 on: May 08, 2015, 02:58:47 pm »
best poll ever

Offline Maurice

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 08, 2015, 03:17:45 pm »
I'm appalled to see that UKIP, Green and Lib Dems got around the same if not more votes than the SNP and yet the SNP secured an extortionate amount of seats.

Congratulations to the Conservative Party though. It is rare to see an incumbent government actually gain seats in a General Election.

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 08, 2015, 03:20:11 pm »
Votes under FPTP
[close]

Votes under PR
[close]
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 03:33:55 pm by USE4life »

Offline Harrier

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 77y_Pvt_Harrier
« Reply #157 on: May 08, 2015, 03:45:34 pm »

The moment Nigel Farage lost his seat.

Offline Charles MackMoose

• First Sergeant
  • Moose Kidd0
    • View Profile
  • Nick: KingMoose
  • Side: Union
« Reply #158 on: May 08, 2015, 05:23:40 pm »
When you live in the only area UKIP won... 

Spoiler
[close]

Online Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #159 on: May 08, 2015, 05:39:21 pm »

Spoiler
[close]
Poor you......
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Captain America

• Second Lieutenant
  • One realm, one God, one King!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 08, 2015, 05:49:42 pm »
Stayed up liveblogging and drinking the whole night and I just can't comprehend what's happened, cannot think of an election that has had this much of an impact since the war, it's just mad

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
« Reply #161 on: May 08, 2015, 05:59:49 pm »

i like how ur retarded m9

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Charles MackMoose

• First Sergeant
  • Moose Kidd0
    • View Profile
  • Nick: KingMoose
« Reply #162 on: May 08, 2015, 06:12:04 pm »

Spoiler
[close]
Poor you......
Its a shame really, if they had more seats it would be good to have them, but i guess the props go to em  :'(

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 08, 2015, 06:12:58 pm »
Wonder if UKIP will exist after 2017. They wont pick up much momentum from this result, farage might be gone and regardless of the result of the EU referendum they can't really gain from it.

Offline Evanovic

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Evan
« Reply #164 on: May 08, 2015, 06:13:11 pm »
So happy that Cons got a majority and that Labour is decimated. It should be a long time before the economic shambles of Labour ever return to Downing Street, given the SNP stronghold in Scotland, the new boundary changes coming into force that should give Cons +20/30 more seats and hopefully electoral reform that should help the underrepresented right get even more seats.

Funnily enough SNP didn't get much more than 5-7% of the total vote and as a proportion of Scotland they only got slightly more than their referendum vote (50 odd percent), yet they pretty much swept up all the seats. First past the post fails to illustrate that SNP didn't actually make any substantial gains in terms of population support and if we do get true electoral voting reform they will lose a lot to the unionist blocks in future elections. I think the referendum was timed excellently and saved the union for the next couple of decades. SNP ironically were the biggest gainers from the traditional, status quo voting system. They are still a big force against Labour's legitimacy as a UK government however if Labour is ever to rely on those seats (which it probably would need to), I doubt England and Wales could ever stomach a propped up Labour-SNP government.

Over the course of the night though, watching Labour front benchers get obliterated from the political landscape, one Douglas Alexander Shadow Foreign Secretary and Campaign leader losing to the likes of  a20 year old university student, was absolutely hilarious. Ed Balls, the economic vision man of Labour, losing to the Conservatives in Leeds was also a major highlight.

I guess the Lib Dems paid for going into government and for largely having no strong identity to really sell to the electorate anymore. Protest parties are far more radical these days. I doubt they'll ever recover to be honest.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 06:26:22 pm by Evanovic »
Aliases: Evan | Evanovic | Evan Fraser | Previous Regiments: 3rd | 13e | 15e | 91st | Nr.24 | 15thYR | 17e Legion d'Honneur | Now Retired

Tournament Wins: 3x NW Duel Champion (5x Finalist) | 1x 2vs2 Tournament | 1x 3vs3 Tournament | 11x Groupfighting Tournament (Minions, Argyll, PowerRangers) | 3x National Groupfighting Tournament (UK Team) | 3x Regimental Groupfighting Tournament (Nr.24, 17e) | 3x Regimental League (91st, Nr.24) | EU vs NA Linebattle 2016 (Team EU)

Graphics Work: Groupfighting Tournament | NWEC