Author Topic: Hatpack V0.6  (Read 6179 times)

Offline Hatman

• Private
  • Engineer in training...
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Hatpack V0.6
« on: September 07, 2016, 08:45:34 am »
Hi all, I've been working on a few mods for Napoleonic Wars (server+client side) for the Australian MOV servers for the better part of a year now. They mostly started as a few item and troop edits to mix things up and balance gameplay a little but soon began to evolve as I learned to work with the NW source code. Now the so called "Hatpack" contains a mixture of client side troop changes, server sides scripts and some other mods compiled to work with them (that i didn't make).

At first these mods were only tested in house on the MOV servers but now that we are allowing some other groups in the Oceanic community to use the "Hatpack" files I've decided that I'd make them available publicly for general use. These files have worked stably for some time on our servers so I expect them not to cause any issues unless not installed correctly. There are two parts to the mod, the server files and client files. The server files are required for the server to run any of the mod stuff, obviously, but the client files are optional for anyone joining the server but are recommended or there will be no way to access the modified troop types (and 1 animation wont appear long enough). Important: If you are running the client files and you play on a not "Hatpack" server you mustn't pick the British Horseguard Blue class or you'll be kicked.

Notable Features:
== Grenades have replaced the default bottles. They throw like a bottle, but not as far. Explosion + Frag effect, 5% chance to backfire on throw, 25% chance to missfire on landing, 5% chance to perfectly detonate for optimal range and frag effects. Melee can set them off in your hands. (Recommend friendly fire on to avoid abusing.) At the moment limiting "Grenadiers" in troop limits is the only to stop people bringing grenades when you don't want them. May look to having a toggle setting to turn grenades back into bottles.
== Minor troop adjustments, changing default weapons and names for those with the client side files. Has no effect on those without the files. Includes but not limited to: Rifles available for french light inf., grenades for footguard class, british lancers, ramrods for arty trains, musketoons for sappers and dragoon sergeants, and more.
== Payload cart able to be placed by map makers which are moved by the owning team and stopped by the opposing one. Explodes at the end of its assigned waypoints and can remove and/or add props. (Think TF2)
== Proper naval artillery. Schooners (the big movable boats) now have working cannons (3 per side) and a cannonball spawn near the stern. 11 hits to sink a schooner, 2 for a longboat. Cannonballs can penetrate the boats and strike crew or the boat multiple times. (i.e "crossing the T" increases your chance for double damage.)
== Explosion smoke reduction, to reduce server lag.
== Weapon placements (props) in maps now spawn the weapon every 12 seconds. Like in an arena shooter. Use to build armories or resupply points.
== Ability for map makers to place a prop that strips or replaces a players weapons on spawn. (Currently spawns you with nothing, a knife, pike, bottle ...etc...whatever is specified)
== Pirate Chests give pikes and campaign tables give spyglasses
== In client files the ability to use the Wüstis Admintool and access custom maps 1-20 are enabled. (Both other mods integrated into this mod pack. Wüstis Admintool)

I don't expect much interest in this as its a work in progress but I thought I'd put up something on the forums just in case.
Moddb link is below:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/hatpack
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 02:31:22 am by Hatman »

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
  • Side: Union
Re: Hatpack V0.6
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 10:22:48 am »
That actually sounds like some pretty amazing stuff. Good work.

Offline Hatman

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 11:30:45 am »
That actually sounds like some pretty amazing stuff. Good work.

Haha thanks, some of it is just basic troop or item modifications but the item pickup, payload and naval arty stuff took a bit of work. :)

Offline Lilja Mariasdóttir

• Colonel
  • Ist ein Schaf in einer Tasse
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 04:05:38 pm »
Good stuff you did there.
Funny, we got now 3 programmers to publish naval-cannons at about the same time. (only a few days/weeks timedifference^^).
Maxi's and mine navalmod, that is already playable on the "Mininaval" Server, is about to publish for free download soon aswell (was planned for yesterday), I would be glad to test yours, when you have time.

For the modintegration of my admintool, it would have been nice, if I would have been contacted and asked before, as it is not Open Source.
Proper credits would be nice aswell, as my mod was connected to quite some work.
== Custom Maps 1-20 Selectable in admin panel (Unknown Chinese coder)
This feature is already integrated in my Admintool (in the latest version) ;)

Edit:
Important: If you are running the client files and you play on a not "Hatpack" server you mustn't pick the British Horseguard Blue class or you'll be kicked.
You could do it a way, that for the client the unit is normal. You could make the server giving them the items needed, or you use an unused troop for it (there are some).
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 04:08:22 pm by Kanade Tachibana »
Seehofer schafft das Heer ab.

Offline Pio

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • my steam profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 04:41:56 pm »
It's interesting to see that other people are working on other naval mods too. I have a feeling there will be a lot of naval mods soon :)

Offline Hatman

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 01:23:22 am »
I am surprised to see so much work on naval also seeing as for the longest time I couldn't find any work on it at all. I'd be interested to see how others have accomplished it as I had to make a great many refinements and content cuts before mine would work without lag for higher ping players. I'd be happy to show anyone how it works sometime.

Like I said before,  I've had all this stuff running on our servers for months now so everything is a bit outdated.  I decided to put the files up publically in case others might be interested.

You could do it a way, that for the client the unit is normal. You could make the server giving them the items needed, or you use an unused troop for it (there are some).

I had thought about doing it that way but that was part of my initial edit to the basic troops file,  back before I knew how to code in python at all so the problem is more of a legacy thing than anything.  These mods are really just a compilation of my learning how to code in warband and so the earlier stuff is rife with issues. If enough interest is generated I might get around to fixing it.

For the modintegration of my admintool, it would have been nice, if I would have been contacted and asked before, as it is not Open Source.
Proper credits would be nice aswell, as my mod was connected to quite some work.
== Custom Maps 1-20 Selectable in admin panel (Unknown Chinese coder)
This feature is already integrated in my Admintool (in the latest version) ;)

My apologies if I've caused an issue,  when I first started working with python in earnest the people I was modding for were concerned that the client side stuff wouldn't be compatible with your mod as well as the custom map scripts we'd been given by our contacts in the Chinese warband scene which they already were using.  I then had the make sure that none of my files were overriding yours and so they became integrated so people who didn't know how to copy/paste could still use all the mods they were accustomed to.  If you could provide me with something to put in the description to properly credit you that would be appreciated. I admit since this was all put together at the start of this year Its quite outdated and I'd forgotten all but the name of the mod itself.

Offline Duke Of LongTree

• First Lieutenant
  • 1stRM/USMC
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2016, 05:06:23 am »
Hats scripts are best 100/100 will MOV again

Offline Lilja Mariasdóttir

• Colonel
  • Ist ein Schaf in einer Tasse
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2016, 03:51:58 pm »

My apologies if I've caused an issue,  when I first started working with python in earnest the people I was modding for were concerned that the client side stuff wouldn't be compatible with your mod as well as the custom map scripts we'd been given by our contacts in the Chinese warband scene which they already were using.  I then had the make sure that none of my files were overriding yours and so they became integrated so people who didn't know how to copy/paste could still use all the mods they were accustomed to.  If you could provide me with something to put in the description to properly credit you that would be appreciated. I admit since this was all put together at the start of this year Its quite outdated and I'd forgotten all but the name of the mod itself.

I appreciate your apology :)
Linking my admintool would be enough to me, there people can find all the information.
Code
[url=https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=25629.0]Wüstis Admintool[/url]
Seehofer schafft das Heer ab.

Offline pengbuster

• Sergeant Major
  • Polkovnik of the 15y Ulanskii Tatarskii Polk
    • View Profile
  • Nick: pengbuster
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 08:23:43 am »
Anyone know how to change what the treasure chest gives you?

Offline BasedHuWhiteMeme1492

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2018, 04:07:33 pm »
New version for the update?

Offline Hatman

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2018, 11:14:30 am »
No, I'm afraid I haven't the time nor the drive to update this as many of the more complicated parts were changed with the patch or made irrelevant.

Offline tired

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [BBG] tired
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2018, 05:14:15 pm »
that's too bad, what about one with just the item respawn and boats?