Author Topic: How to install the custom map  (Read 1586 times)

Offline tdyholy4114

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
How to install the custom map
« on: March 22, 2018, 03:38:17 pm »
Hi guys , I've got some problem.

So Im having a major problem trying to install custom maps on my server. I have changed the scene file and i have made maps named custom_map_X and i restart the server on theses maps and its some default map! what is going on!?
แจกเครดิตฟรี
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Jayke

• Major
  • Jayke
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr.55 l Hursty l FP Jayke
  • Side: Neutral
Re: How to install the custom map
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 04:11:47 pm »

So Im having a major problem trying to install custom maps on my server. I have changed the scene file and i have made maps named custom_map_X and i restart the server on theses maps and its some default map! what is going on!?
แจกเครดิตฟรี

Thanks in advance.
I started off by just changing a current map so for example. Scn_mp_Ambush I would just change my custom map to that and move delete the original Ambush file. If it has a scene Code replace it with the Ambush default one.  On the code if you have one it will say scn_mp_Custom_map_X mp_Custom_Map_X  just make sure you  change the custom map to ambush ( scn_mp_ambush mp_ambush)

I'm not the best at it either so It may be incorrect just give it a go tho.

Offline tired

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [BBG] tired
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 05:09:34 pm »

แจกเครดิตฟรี

Thanks in advance.

Maps are 2 parts, the .sco file, and the scene code found in scenes.txt

So just so you find a map named scn_mp_ambush_fog.sco in the forums or whatever and replace it over your current file, doesn't mean it'll work correctly. The custom map may have a different scene code than the map you replace over, so you have to find the scene code and rewrite that over the map name in scenes.txt.

Ultimately you just have to change the 0x000000238929319392123123 looking number and the outer_terrain_code.

The Scene code is the basic layout for the map, the map size, base terrain, river, deep water, and then outer_terrain which is the background that goes around the outside of the map.

If you have more clarifying questions, just ask.

Offline prohero

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 10:55:56 am »
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 10:21:57 am by prohero »

Offline netdomon

• Volunteer
    • View Profile