Poll

What are you looking forward to the most in NaS 1.0?

The new uniforms and classes
86 (57.7%)
The new sounds
8 (5.4%)
The new environment and scenes
22 (14.8%)
The new props
6 (4%)
The replacement of all CSA officers with Manny Calavera from LucasArts' Grim Fandango
27 (18.1%)

Total Members Voted: 148

Voting closed: June 01, 2015, 11:56:54 am

Author Topic: North and South - First Manassas 1.0 [in progress]  (Read 267630 times)

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: North and South - First Manassas 1.0 [in progress]
« Reply #1215 on: April 09, 2015, 01:25:24 am »
It looks so tiny atm...  :(
But for us, its a huge deal!

Spoiler
North and South 1.0 Beta

Major Changes

- Complete redesign of all unit models and textures. In cooperation with Docm30, the modder of L'Aigle, all uniforms
  were remade and dozens were newly added! (More then 100+ new uniforms)
- In cooperation with our sister mod - "Blood & Iron" a complete new envirenment with new plants, objects, skybox and more was added!
- "Foreign Intervention": A new "what if, ..." scenario brings in troops of 4 different nations, which joined the War!
- Bleeding and Ammo resupply introduced into the game

Minor Changes

- Rebalanced stats
- Added the first 10 unique player regiments
- Added various new sound files for muskets, troops, overall atmoshphere
- Added 5th North Carolina, Hamptons Legion, 79th New York, Pennsylvania Lancers, Partisan Rangers, CSA Marines, VMI cadets, Union Zouaves and more to playable classes
- Added another Private II subclass to most units which allows more variations and units! (Line and Light Infantry within one unit)
- New voice over for the Union and Confederacy made by Comrade_Crimson
- Unique warcrys for each faction, for instance the "Fough a Ballagh" for the Irish Brigade
- Added new animations
- New graphic shaders added and ragdolls activated
- Added new weapons like the Hawken Rifle (sharpshooters), Enfield, Partisan Revolver or the Minnie Rifle
- Military Chaplains added - The bible contains a number of blessings to encourage your troops and serve the church of Hinkel
- Added ingame advertising posters for Player Armies and Youtubers
- Donators granted with Wanted Posters
- Added tons of new Mapping Objects in cooperation with The Blue and the Grey and Secession
- Newly made maps and lot of reworked maps (Mappers have to rework their 0.5 maps)
[close]
That's a sizeable changelog, by no means tiny with the efforts put into it.
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline LFCJames

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: LFCJames
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1216 on: April 09, 2015, 01:40:57 am »
It looks so tiny atm...  :(
But for us, its a huge deal!

Spoiler
North and South 1.0 Beta

Major Changes

- Complete redesign of all unit models and textures. In cooperation with Docm30, the modder of L'Aigle, all uniforms
- In cooperation with our sister mod - "Blood & Iron" a complete new envirenment with new plants, objects, skybox and more was added!
- "Foreign Intervention": A new "what if, ..." scenario brings in troops of 4 different nations, which joined the War!

Minor Changes

- Rebalanced stats
- Added 5th North Carolina, Hamptons Legion, 79th New York, Pennsylvania Lancers, Partisan Rangers, CSA Marines, VMI cadets, Union Zouaves and more to playable classes
- Added another Private II subclass to most units which allows more variations and units! (Line and Light Infantry within one unit)
- Unique warcrys for each faction, for instance the "Fough a Ballagh" for the Irish Brigade
- Added new animations
- Added new weapons like the Hawken Rifle (sharpshooters), Enfield, Partisan Revolver or the Minnie Rifle
- Military Chaplains added - The bible contains a number of blessings to encourage your troops and serve the church of Hinkel
- Added tons of new Mapping Objects in cooperation with The Blue and the Grey and Secession
- Newly made maps and lot of reworked maps (Mappers have to rework their 0.5 maps)
[close]

That's plenty of new features Hinkel :P

Offline Ry1459

• Captain
  • Think about it TWICE.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ry1459
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1217 on: April 09, 2015, 02:02:00 am »
I thought this was a good quote so I'm just going to leave it here:

"Any understanding of this nation has to be based, and I mean really based, on an understanding of the Civil War. I believe that firmly. It defined us. The Revolution did what it did. Our involvement in European wars, beginning with the First World War, did what it did. But the Civil War defined us as what we are and it opened us to being what we became, good and bad things. And it is very necessary, if you are going to understand the American character in the twentieth century, to learn about this enormous catastrophe of the mid-nineteenth century. It was the crossroads of our being, and it was a hell of a crossroads." - Shelby Foote

Edit: This is us trying to hack into Hinkel's computer to steal 1.0:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 02:17:22 am by Ry1459 »

Offline Forest

• Second Lieutenant
  • God Bless America
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: April 09, 2015, 02:17:05 am »

"Any understanding of this nation has to be based, and I mean really based, on an understanding of the Civil War. I believe that firmly. It defined us. The Revolution did what it did. Our involvement in European wars, beginning with the First World War, did what it did. But the Civil War defined us as what we are and it opened us to being what we became, good and bad things. And it is very necessary, if you are going to understand the American character in the twentieth century, to learn about this enormous catastrophe of the mid-nineteenth century. It was the crossroads of our being, and it was a hell of a crossroads." - Shelby Foote

Ok. The revolution should not be dismissed like that. The revolution was the first congregation of our people.

Offline Ry1459

• Captain
  • Think about it TWICE.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ry1459
« Reply #1219 on: April 09, 2015, 02:20:11 am »

Ok. The revolution should not be dismissed like that. The revolution was the first congregation of our people.
True, it set the foundation for our country, but that wasn't the main point of the quote.

Offline PolarBeats

• Sergeant Major
  • To tyrants never yield.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Emperor PolarBeats II of the 1stGBE
« Reply #1220 on: April 09, 2015, 03:37:39 am »

I saw this quote today so I will just leave it here for you yanks ;D

“To tar the sacrifices of the Confederate soldier as simple acts of racism, and reduce the battle flag under which he fought to nothing more than the symbol of a racist heritage, is one of the great blasphemies of our modern age”.
~ James Webb-Secretary of Navy And Assistant Secretary of Defense under U.S. President Ronald Reagan

Offline JohannGustavsen

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stMN[B]Cpt.Wilfried
« Reply #1221 on: April 09, 2015, 05:51:30 am »
Spoiler
North and South 1.0 Beta

Major Changes

Minor Changes

- Rebalanced stats
- Added new animations
[close]

What type of new animations? New reloads,fixing bayonet, stances? Very interested.

Offline Forest

• Second Lieutenant
  • God Bless America
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: April 09, 2015, 07:30:28 am »

“To tar the sacrifices of the Confederate soldier as simple acts of racism, and reduce the battle flag under which he fought to nothing more than the symbol of a racist heritage, is one of the great blasphemies of our modern age”.
~ James Webb-Secretary of Navy And Assistant Secretary of Defense under U.S. President Ronald Reagan

Offline Josy_Wales

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Josy_Wales
« Reply #1223 on: April 09, 2015, 11:02:07 am »

History is written by the victors, nothing to do about that. That just shows what you learn at school XD
  Union jack should be just red with gallows and a torch in the middle.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 12:13:06 pm by Josy_Wales »

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: April 09, 2015, 01:30:22 pm »
^ that shows on a couple of later occasions the natives being the aggressors. Still, us white man has treated the local population of most country we landed in like animals. Spain and Portugal in South America, Britain and the Opium wars and Dutch and the ethnic cleansing of Banda Island being some.

Offline Josy_Wales

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Josy_Wales
« Reply #1225 on: April 09, 2015, 01:58:43 pm »
^ that shows on a couple of later occasions the natives being the aggressors. Still, us white man has treated the local population of most country we landed in like animals. Spain and Portugal in South America, Britain and the Opium wars and Dutch and the ethnic cleansing of Banda Island being some.

Its right what you say but "couple of later occasions the natives being the aggressors"??? bs.
Just making a point that there was not one good and one bad side in the war.

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: April 09, 2015, 02:29:35 pm »

Its right what you say but "couple of later occasions the natives being the aggressors"??? bs.
Just making a point that there was not one good and one bad side in the war.
6:42! Hans shot first no Gredo!

Offline Parrot

• Board Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1227 on: April 09, 2015, 02:44:04 pm »
6:42! Hans shot first no Gredo!

Let's be fair, Gredo was a bit of a dick.
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline Mercuri

• Second Lieutenant
  • Spanish King's Walloon Guard
    • View Profile
    • Comunidad Gamer Hispana
  • Nick: 2aBH_Mercuri / 5thFL_JacksonTeller
« Reply #1228 on: April 09, 2015, 04:33:57 pm »

We, the spaniards, love the parties and the sex, so our forefathers killed the mans to have sex and party with the womens. North Americans killed all the natives so no party and no sex, worst people in all the world.

ps. I was joking. You must come at least one time in your live to our parties in Spain.

Offline Hinkel

• Board Moderator
  • Confederate Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gen_Hinkel
« Reply #1229 on: April 09, 2015, 05:28:19 pm »
For those who haven't watched it yet... its a pretty well done animation, about the final days of the civil war and the "cost" of the war:

http://www.civilwar.org/video/animated-map-1865.html

Beside that, today.. 150 years ago, nearly on the same time, Lee surrendered at Appomatox...  :-\