Author Topic: | NWBC | Season 5 | Finals  (Read 48911 times)

Offline Dusbled

• Major
  • Squadron Corporal Major of 45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Saphyro
  • Side: Neutral
Re: | NWBC | Season 5 | Sign-ups Open!
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2022, 05:02:53 pm »
If you are not allowed to stay mounted during allcharge as cavalry there is no point of even allowing cavalry, dismounted cav is just bad in allcharge...

Offline Octanidas

• First Lieutenant
  • new and interesting ways to play
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_HGrd /// Nr4_OLt
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2022, 05:04:26 pm »
Steam ID: octanidas

GUID: 1626170

In Regiment participating?: 4e

Prior experience/comment: Prior NWBC, cavalry tournaments, ...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 03:05:49 pm by Octanidas »

Offline Chainsor

• Major General
  • Nr13 - Hauptmann, EGS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr13_Hptm_Chainsor
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2022, 05:10:54 pm »
If you are not allowed to stay mounted during allcharge as cavalry there is no point of even allowing cavalry, dismounted cav is just bad in allcharge...

mounted cav in all charge is the most pain in the ass i can think of. I think no one except the cav enjoys them being mounted during all charge. A good cav is really effective in a classic linebattle, but in all charge, where everyone is basically playing alone and everything is basically open melee, it gets more op.

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kincaid
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2022, 05:27:42 pm »
There are countless arguments for and against this within the ruleset (as there are also for inclusion of arty) - bottom line comes down to what the teams themselves want to see since they are comprised of all the classes, hence why I'm leaving it up to an internal vote from the team leaders themselves. Speak to them if you want to sway their opinion one way or another.

Offline Dusbled

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2022, 07:00:19 pm »

mounted cav in all charge is the most pain in the ass i can think of. I think no one except the cav enjoys them being mounted during all charge. A good cav is really effective in a classic linebattle, but in all charge, where everyone is basically playing alone and everything is basically open melee, it gets more op.

From my experience ~60% of the Cavalry dont even get into melee cuz they get shot in Charge, out of Line/Formation or just shooting when cav approaches. Heavy cav can be lucky and tank a shot but Hussars go down immediately + you should consider OA doesnt count for cav either or at least when he only gets dismounted. Last seasons of NWBC were mainly camping till allcharge which would make cav absolutely useless cuz if you try to charge enemy team camping you dont even get 5 kills...

+ consider its not a classical LB, its nwbc where all regiments coordinate and communicate which makes it impossible for the cav to catch a random line somewhere ^^

edit: most dont even seem to know how to play vs cavalry, that shouldnt be a disadvantage for cavalry just because most inf doesnt know how to deal with cav.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 07:05:40 pm by Dusbled »

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2022, 07:09:25 pm »
Why was arty not figured out before posting the thread. Feel like its a convo that started over a month ago.

Will also be waiting to post 1stFG sign up until thats done.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Treiz35

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Treiz
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2022, 07:12:15 pm »
Is it that hard to kill cav in all charge ?? Dont you guys know to use ² key ? Their is already not many cav regiments left and you add rules for them meh.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2022, 07:32:41 pm »
Spoiler

From my experience ~60% of the Cavalry dont even get into melee cuz they get shot in Charge, out of Line/Formation or just shooting when cav approaches. Heavy cav can be lucky and tank a shot but Hussars go down immediately + you should consider OA doesnt count for cav either or at least when he only gets dismounted. Last seasons of NWBC were mainly camping till allcharge which would make cav absolutely useless cuz if you try to charge enemy team camping you dont even get 5 kills...

+ consider its not a classical LB, its nwbc where all regiments coordinate and communicate which makes it impossible for the cav to catch a random line somewhere ^^

edit: most dont even seem to know how to play vs cavalry, that shouldnt be a disadvantage for cavalry just because most inf doesn't know how to deal with cav.
[close]
Since I will be playing in NWBC I will say that Cav should be allowed to stay mounted for the points Saphyro made. I also want to add that on NA I think every event or almost all of them allow cav to stay mounted on all charges. I personally never liked it because I have seen the few cav regs on NA at times just run around and stay alive until the all charge. Then it would become unfair when there is a 25v25 on both sides with one side having 12-15 cav players alive because they did nothing but sit there waiting on the all charge. Of course NWBC like you mentioned is wayyyy more coordinated and the chances of a lot of cav players being alive is little but still possible. I don't care how good the cav player is if you have solid inf players alive working together with friendly cav they will find a way to kill the enemy team's cav. Which people should expect that in a large scale tournament/league like this. I just wanted to share another perspective of why people might question keeping cav mounted on all charges.

Offline Dusbled

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2022, 08:17:26 pm »
Is it that hard to kill cav in all charge ?? Dont you guys know to use ² key ? Their is already not many cav regiments left and you add rules for them meh.

well they would have to block 4 directions either way, mounted or dismounted xd

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2022, 09:02:17 pm »
Many good cav players know cav is OP in all charge if mounted. They have both speed and a range that rivals the bayonet, An experienced cav player will easily be able to pick off bayonet user in a fight and cause a lot of damage.

Also if you allow cav to stay mounted during an all charge you will just promote camping until all charge where the best cavalry regiment can do the most damage.

Offline Dusbled

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2022, 09:04:28 pm »
Many good cav players know cav is OP in all charge if mounted. They have both speed and a range that rivals the bayonet, An experienced cav player will easily be able to pick off bayonet user in a fight and cause a lot of damage.

Also if you allow cav to stay mounted during an all charge you will just promote camping until all charge where the best cavalry regiment can do the most damage.

I dont wanna sound mean or anything, but if I remember correctly last NWBC was won by 15thYR 77y and 19th (tell me if I am wrong) and I dont wanna front 19th but 19th is not the best competitive cav so your assumption is wrong :)

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2022, 09:04:44 pm »
fuck cav
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2022, 09:36:20 pm »
The entire discussion is pointless.

Not just because the exact same arguments have been shared on last season's thread, but also since Kincaid has made the (more than understandable) decision to settle this debate by letting the teams vote.
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2022, 09:36:47 pm »
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 09:39:23 pm by Dokletian »
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Dusbled

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2022, 09:38:51 pm »