Author Topic: EGS | Discussion  (Read 61716 times)

Offline Alf

• Major
  • 15th carry
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: EGS | Discussion
« Reply #495 on: December 15, 2021, 02:48:58 pm »
Look, we don’t like each other, we very much don’t agree on many things, but I get your overall point of a set standard, however EGS standards have always been strict in my view and although others aren’t we can only take EGS into account as that’s the relevant tournament, if there was some “tournaments council” that decided punishments or something then yes there could be standardisation but I doubt that would happen
Nothing seemed out of place except the washing machine in the bar when the pink horses galloped across the sea.

Let your intentions be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you range, fall like a thunderbolt - Zeyden cringelord

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #496 on: December 15, 2021, 02:51:24 pm »
Look, we don’t like each other, we very much don’t agree on many things, but I get your overall point of a set standard, however EGS standards have always been strict in my view and although others aren’t we can only take EGS into account as that’s the relevant tournament, if there was some “tournaments council” that decided punishments or something then yes there could be standardisation but I doubt that would happen

To be honest, for larger tournaments having set administration depending on how reputable and experienced someone is would be desirable; especially considering you have people like Wursti as an administrator who's actively been toxic in this tournament, for him to then decide what's best for someone else being toxic? Makes absolutely no sense.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #497 on: December 15, 2021, 02:52:52 pm »
Alright, you clearly actually have no idea what I'm talking about - it's articulated perfectly, just because you don't quite grasp what it's saying because you're moronic, doesn't in any sense mean I'm changing my mind.

People are lenient > Bad - the majority of NW decisions
People are too harsh > Bad - the current EGS decision

People who make reasonable punishments > Good - still waiting for this one

The funniest part is, you know exactly what I'm talking about, you're just trying to act silly to strengthen your point, stop being silly and read.
Right, well I went back and read what you said and I still think you are a fucking plonker.

Why you are bringing up autoblockers and shit who as you very well know, we cannot fucking do anything about it without them literally being as stupid as a certain 91st member who we all know and love that posted all those screenshots of him using autoblock and got memory hole'd!

Again Fietta you have yet to address anything we have said. What is your solution for the Autoblockers, people ddosing, doxxing etc. At the moment all you have said is "REEE BAD HOSTS"

To be honest, for larger tournaments having set administration depending on how reputable and experienced someone is would be desirable; especially considering you have people like Wursti as an administrator who's actively been toxic in this tournament, for him to then decide what's best for someone else being toxic? Makes absolutely no sense.
Now this is a point I can get behind.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Senior Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #498 on: December 15, 2021, 02:54:31 pm »
These are all great posts but change nothing.

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • Board Moderator
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #499 on: December 15, 2021, 02:55:39 pm »
like your shitty servers...
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Alf

• Major
  • 15th carry
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: December 15, 2021, 02:56:07 pm »

Much like the CR does
Nothing seemed out of place except the washing machine in the bar when the pink horses galloped across the sea.

Let your intentions be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you range, fall like a thunderbolt - Zeyden cringelord

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #501 on: December 15, 2021, 02:58:03 pm »
he's got you there

Much like the CR does
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Senior Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #502 on: December 15, 2021, 02:58:08 pm »
EGS is played on my servers :3

Don't blame my servers cause you didn't get past play offs  :-*

Much like the CR does
Betrayed by my habibi....

Nock

« Reply #503 on: December 15, 2021, 02:58:59 pm »
without them literally being as stupid as a certain 91st member who we all know and love that posted all those screenshots of him using autoblock and got memory hole'd!

smh, flaming tardet like that...

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • Board Moderator
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #504 on: December 15, 2021, 03:00:11 pm »
EGS is played on my servers :3

Don't blame my servers cause you didn't get past play offs  :-*
I made no reference to Gordon's their performance, but yes they're still really shit!
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: December 15, 2021, 03:00:30 pm »
Why you are bringing up autoblockers and shit who as you very well know, we cannot fucking do anything about it without them literally being as stupid as a certain 91st member who we all know and love that posted all those screenshots of him using autoblock and got memory hole'd!

Again Fietta you have yet to address anything we have said. What is your solution for the Autoblockers, people ddosing, doxxing etc. At the moment all you have said is "REEE BAD HOSTS"

Autoblocking is a bit more complex, however, returning to classic methodologies COULD at least help, people who're suspected of autoblocking should record their matches, if for some reason they're not autoblocking but are blocking much worse than they're used to, then you can make a decision after numerous samples, something that's happened in Native before, we could also talk about how no one would be 'willing' to do that, however, numerous clips have been watched and I'm sure someone would be up for taking the job of watching 4 or 5 people's videos. This could also be done for pretty much any cheat - the only issue is if it can be toggled, but based on numerous samples on how they've played, you can have an idea if they've got it on or not, but obviously isn't the BEST solution.

Ddosing and Doxxing is simple; these people shouldn't really be welcome into the community, so these people should have harsher punishments or just cancelled altogether depending on severity; Obelix has came back to the community like 5 times before people finally realised and hit the nail on the head, something which should've been done on his first or second occurrence. Obviously you can't just 'remove' someone from the community, but having respectable and reputable tournament administrators who've actively contributed without being toxic and are known to make impartial decisions, then those are the people who could ban them from not only one tournament but for numerous tournaments to come. <- This is currently what's happening, but not to the extent it should, there's always on-going debates in administration teams by some questionable administrators to allow the same people back in, and once they're back in they're back involved, something that would be mitigated in a dedicated adjudicating team, voted in by well, the community, with reason.

Not that any of this is a solution, but it's a start and is all up for discussion - not that this is the right place for the discussion to happen or for this post, but there we are.

HiReaper should probably recieve a one tournament ban or even a warning, 'guilty by association'; he may have not done the TK, but actively contributing to the trolling by recording but also apparently 'telling' what that person should do, should deserve some punishment. Having a three-point warning system before a match ban might be worth looking in to; simple things like not using their community name when asked for statistic reasons but also trying to abuse the statistics by killing before the match is called at spawn, should receive punishment all the same.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 03:07:58 pm by Fietta »

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Board Moderator
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #506 on: December 15, 2021, 03:09:40 pm »

Autoblocking is a bit more complex, however, returning to classic methodologies COULD at least help, people who're suspected of autoblocking should record their matches, if for some reason they're not autoblocking but are blocking much worse than they're used to, then you can make a decision after numerous samples, something that's happened in Native before, we could also talk about how no one would be 'willing' to do that, however, numerous clips have been watched and I'm sure someone would be up for taking the job of watching 4 or 5 people's videos. This could also be done for pretty much any cheat - the only issue is if it can be toggled, but based on numerous samples on how they've played, you can have an idea if they've got it on or not, but obviously isn't the BEST solution.

Ddosing and Doxxing is simple; these people shouldn't really be welcome into the community, so these people should have harsher punishments or just cancelled altogether depending on severity; Obelix has came back to the community like 5 times before people finally realised and hit the nail on the head, something which should've been done on his first or second occurrence. Obviously you can't just 'remove' someone from the community, but having respectable and reputable tournament administrators who've actively contributed without being toxic and are known to make impartial decisions, then those are the people who could ban them from not only one tournament but for numerous tournaments to come. <- This is currently what's happening, but not to the extent it should, there's always on-going debates in administration teams by some questionable administrators to allow the same people back in, and once they're back in they're back involved, something that would be mitigated in a dedicated adjudicating team, voted in by well, the community, with reason.

Not that any of this is a solution, but it's a start.

Not that this isn't a good relevant discussion but this is the EGS discussion thread and you can clearly see we have already outlawed everything you have mentioned and have taken time to look into suspected autoblockers and texture cheaters even forcing some to take screenshots and send to the admin on request (without causing a scene) as well as recordings. Which is why you may have not noticed.  We've kept a harsh strict rule set, throughout and this has been far better and consistent then any other tournaments before.

As far as I'm aware the policy for EGS players is you need to not be banned from FSE to participate, I can't however speak for some actions of the founder Voluble who may or may not have allowed some of them to play after an apology\discussion on his personal behalf.

But overall EGS has and is acting in the best professional manner we can purely based on volunteers no less, again in regards to Wursti this is a matter the admin team have personally dealt with and Wursti is currently only in charge of running the statistics as far as I'm aware.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: December 15, 2021, 03:13:32 pm »
I have seen, but punishment for not providing the records should be apparent, asking is different from enforcing. EGS in terms of ruleset and cracking down on issues is for sure a step forward, though the issue with punishments and the potential recruitment of some questionable administrators in the first place doesn't help that at all.

Wursti

« Reply #508 on: December 15, 2021, 03:14:50 pm »
Ah yea the questionable admin will then not do stats anymore cuz hes too questionable

Ty for making me aware of your very valuable opinion :D

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: December 15, 2021, 03:16:46 pm »
Ah yea the questionable admin will then not do stats anymore cuz hes too questionable

Ty for making me aware of your opinion :D

Was that a 'got you' comment - people who contribute to EGS shouldn't be administrators anyways, administrators should be the people who look after the tournament, make decisions, if at all you're doing the statistics then there should be a separate role for that, I'm not doubting your ability to produce great statistics, but that doesn't mean you're a great admin. You can't be telling me that your toxicity would deem you fit for administration in the first place, wouldn't make much sense from an administrative point of view, but your active contribution with statistics certainly deserves praise.