Author Topic: Leaf's Covid Cup North American 2v2 Cavalry Tournament  (Read 6159 times)

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Leaf's Covid Cup North American 2v2 Cavalry Tournament
« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2020, 05:29:05 am »
I was only here for fun and I had fun so it was good

Offline Cwater

• Major
  • Pretty much a self hating Jew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ~38e~ReichsFuhrer_Himmler
  • Side: Union
« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2020, 05:30:23 am »
That was...a thing

Offline Ultra Leaf

• Sergeant Major
  • NW official administrator/ Bad Speller
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1LH/Opr_Ultra_Leaf
  • Side: Union
« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2020, 06:18:40 am »
Thank you to everyone who Played in the Tournament, It was a Little bumpy at first, but its not about how you start its about how you finish and we finished Strong!

I wanna First Thank my Admin team Of Crusader and Midnight without them this doesnt happen. And a special thanks to Xethos for creating a Wonderful map And being in charge of the Bracket that made everything run smooth!

And last but not least, A congratulations to the 2V2 Covid Cup Champs Blackfysh, and God of the team Why god!!!

What happens Now? Looking forward to seeing everyones feed back and Ideas for the next  cav Tournament.

Offline Kreuzritter Ashley

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2020, 06:27:01 am »
Thank you to everyone who Played in the Tournament, It was a Little bumpy at first, but its not about how you start its about how you finish and we finished Strong!

I wanna First Thank my Admin team Of Crusader and Midnight without them this doesnt happen. And a special thanks to Xethos for creating a Wonderful map And being in charge of the Bracket that made everything run smooth!

And last but not least, A congratulations to the 2V2 Covid Cup Champs Blackfysh, and God of the team Why god!!!

What happens Now? Looking forward to seeing everyones feed back and Ideas for the next  cav Tournament.

you are very welcome :p

Offline Xethos

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik_Marshal_Xethos
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #94 on: October 24, 2020, 06:31:44 am »
At some point, I'll move the full results onto the spreadsheet and post it for posterity. The tie breaker system I was using was a terible choice of tiebreaker, the more I think about it, so finishing positions are probably going to be lumped.

Took about an hour longer than we intended. Sorry about that. Were we ever to try it again with a similar setup, we'd need to find a way to streamline a few things. I like the Swiss tournament as a format, but it's quite slow for a one-day tournament. Part of the issue is that Challonge doesn't handle drops well at all. I used a client side program for it, which is why we were using the spreadsheet (and updating it so slowly). It might honestly have been faster to randomly assign several round robin pools and do a short elimination after, and perhaps the lack of pub signups made my concern about keeping everybody involved less relevant.
04:25:13 - [Cup_of_Tea] Hey Xethos! I bet you're a gentleman of less than reputable quality!

Offline Tywin

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4th_RG_2Lt_Tywin
« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2020, 06:34:19 am »
It might honestly have been faster to randomly assign several round robin pools and do a short elimination after

agreed, a bracket for top 8 or 4 teams after round robin would be cool. although might need to do tie breakers to determine the top teams.

Offline CakeFarts

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 24, 2020, 10:18:37 pm »
If you do another tourney and get that many people, you should have group stages and then do a knockout bracket.
Are you banned form NA1 and don't want people to know who you are? Message me on here and I'll see what i can do. You won't have to give me any details besides the ones required for the unban appeal.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #97 on: October 25, 2020, 12:24:12 am »
nw cav players simply built different

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
« Reply #98 on: October 25, 2020, 12:33:33 am »
nw cav players simply built different

Offline God_

• Corporal
  • I once Made puppytron rage while using only an axe