Author Topic: Event Ideas  (Read 4968 times)

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Event Ideas
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2020, 04:17:35 am »
well, forcing a timeline and a set player pool means teams will be more set and less fluid. it would be more difficult to be a revolving door team with the player pool + sign up dates

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2020, 05:15:41 pm »
Been wanting a persistent league for a long time. Think now is a great time. Won’t work well with a draft so I agree it’s gotta be small premade teams. People can sign up and become “free agents” and can be picked up by whoever is running a team. That’s a cool concept. Smaller teams are better so that there’s more teams available so I think 4v4 or 5v5 with two subs is the way to go.

I hereby announce Raptor Boat Gaming as one of these future teams. We will assemble a team of dedicated Raptor Boat™️ gamers.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2020, 05:55:44 pm »
Been wanting a persistent league for a long time. Think now is a great time. Won’t work well with a draft so I agree it’s gotta be small premade teams. People can sign up and become “free agents” and can be picked up by whoever is running a team. That’s a cool concept. Smaller teams are better so that there’s more teams available so I think 4v4 or 5v5 with two subs is the way to go.

I hereby announce Raptor Boat Gaming as one of these future teams. We will assemble a team of dedicated Raptor Boat™️ gamers.
A roster max has to be set as well. Can’t be having Konosha or whatever bringing 30 guys to a 5v5

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Aurum

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2020, 08:03:37 pm »

I don't think it matters that much, but I think a 4v4 would be slightly safer for an extended league like this. + less prize pool distribution if people really care about that.

What do you guys think would be the best course of action regarding trades though?
nah windflower just tries to act cultured and edgy but hes actually just a 21yo lonely canadian who wastes all his time serving donuts to fat american tourists and trying to date underaged video game girls

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2020, 08:23:21 pm »

I don't think it matters that much, but I think a 4v4 would be slightly safer for an extended league like this. + less prize pool distribution if people really care about that.

What do you guys think would be the best course of action regarding trades though?

I think a trade system and a free agency system are necessary for something like this for longevity’s sake. Otherwise we’d just see everyone stack the teams once someone’s season was over.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2020, 10:50:25 pm »
Simple soft salary cap system? Or something like that? That would honestly work well to control both stacking and lopsided trades

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2020, 01:28:27 am »
So, the way I have it is that teams will be able to make roster changes at specific times and NOT during any league. For example, if there is a spring split (lasting March-April) and a summer split (June-July), and then the championship (during Sep-Oct); then teams can make roster changes in between those time frames (May and August). During these off periods so to speak, there will also the one day tournaments which will have the purpose to keep the season active and keep teams hopefully scrimming and playing. The thing I like about the system is that if you don't perform to your liking in the spring or even summer split, your aren't out and you can keep playing and trying to improve; or make roster changes if need be. Everything isn't relying on one thing. But the top performing teams in the splits will still be rewarded with having a higher team ranking on the leaderboards which equals to have better seeding in the championship. How well you do in the tournaments does have value but splits have more.
^ the example was the long version of the idea btw, the short version would just be 1 split with the championship in the summer.

People don't really have to sign up to become free agents. The way I see it is the community itself is the pool and people can make teams. It's like if you're making a team, right. You ask people to make one together rather than looking on a thread and making people sign up first before making a team with them. I feel most people will know if the more known players leave teams and are available; or if a good players is available to pick up. The player can choose where they want to go. However, if people want to post on the thread they are looking for a team then by all means.

Trading will also kind of be irrelevant. Teams/team captains can make roster changes at the specific times only so once they lose in the championship they can't just disband and join different teams. You could trade in theory I guess, but players aren't bound to a team like in the draft league. They can leave or get dropped, and where they go it's their choice. And who teams/team captains want to pick up is also their choice.

I think this will allow for a new concept with teams—tryouts. Players can scrim with teams to see if they fit. Personally, if MM was still around I think it would be a great third party system to see new and upcoming players since people play serious on that more than public gfing on bob/nagf. Since so many matches happened on a daily basis, it's A) another place for grinding and improving and B) a great place to see more and more players since there are only a couple of events here and there between regiments and now groupfighting teams. You can see how players perform and reach out to them to tryout for your team or straight up join your team.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 01:31:25 am by Risk_ »

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2020, 02:00:56 am »
Oh I do like the idea of tryouts!

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2020, 06:47:45 am »
Yeah that’s pretty much like transfer windows in professional soccer. I like that a lot tbh.

A free agent “combine” would be kind of fun. Let people not on teams be put together to have a few scrims between each other. Best performers will stand out and could get picked up. It’s like what we did for WPC.

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2020, 07:19:29 am »
Yeah that’s pretty much like transfer windows in professional soccer. I like that a lot tbh.

A free agent “combine” would be kind of fun. Let people not on teams be put together to have a few scrims between each other. Best performers will stand out and could get picked up. It’s like what we did for WPC.

interesting idea. I might include something like that for the people not on a team during the break periods.

Offline [Stryker]

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 92nd CSjt
    • View Profile
    • My Yt Channel
  • Nick: Stryker
  • Side: Union
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2021, 04:01:10 pm »
Freestyle tournament

Offline LEVIS

• Major
  • 13e
    • View Profile
  • Nick: je me souviens
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2021, 03:31:42 pm »
a historical battle with special scripts like the 33rd one on EU

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2021, 03:44:33 pm »
Good Luck convincing the shitty NA Linebattle hosts to actually do this.

Offline LEVIS

• Major
  • 13e
    • View Profile
  • Nick: je me souviens
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2021, 03:59:18 pm »
true  :-\

Offline Piktonss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2021, 07:22:11 pm »
Good luck convincing shitty EU hosts to hand over the scripts so it can be used on NA.  :-X