Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 524429 times)

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The General Political Thread
« Reply #5880 on: September 21, 2021, 12:03:12 pm »
*rings little bell*

Can we talk about inflation please helloooo UK got no food

Offline LEVIS

• Major
  • 13e
    • View Profile
  • Nick: je me souviens
« Reply #5881 on: September 21, 2021, 01:01:06 pm »
*rings little bell*

i mean except fish n ship what are you guys really missing? not much tbh

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: September 21, 2021, 05:12:05 pm »
*rings little bell*

i mean except fish n ship what are you guys really missing? not much tbh

:'(

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #5883 on: September 22, 2021, 03:33:49 am »
Spoiler
Canadian election szn!

LPC started out with a decent chance of a majority but a week into the campaign they've not run a good one so far, while the CPC has rolled out some popular policy proposals

Latest projections have the Liberals winning another minority but with less seats - due in large part to a more competitive CPC than last time and a more stable NDP

Popular vote has tightened in the past few days with the CPC and LPC running at basically a dead heat

Bloc facing some serious questions in whether they can repeat last election's success in Quebec

Green party imploding and the PPC not a serious threat

Gonna be an interesting one! You can check out the polls and projections at 338canada.com
[close]
My overall prediction is a Lib min, Trudeau pulls a Mulroney and hands a shitfest to Freeland come next election. All other parties vapourize their leadership (Except for Bernier, who is gunned down by the dairy cartel).
Tory Syndrome here we come, the CPC is going back hard right.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #5884 on: October 01, 2021, 04:41:37 am »
But Mr Scholz says it is time for a new coalition with the Greens and liberals.

Sounds scary xd
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline fruitocino

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18e SgtMaj
    • View Profile
« Reply #5885 on: October 02, 2021, 10:43:16 am »
But Mr Scholz says it is time for a new coalition with the Greens and liberals.

Sounds scary xd

The SPD/Greens coalition worked just fine last time around (although as chancellors Scholz and Schröder are worlds apart ;D)
It will be interesting to see if they manage to find some sort of middle ground with the liberals, their party platforms dont mix very well

Phailur

« Reply #5886 on: October 02, 2021, 03:30:18 pm »
what about the Fils De Pute party???

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5887 on: November 15, 2021, 07:57:05 pm »

This is actually a video I wouldn't expect NYT to make.

Offline Hess

• Captain
  • 83rdPA, 4eme, 8e, 2ndNYSM
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hess
  • Side: Union
« Reply #5888 on: November 15, 2021, 08:17:30 pm »

I believe the whole "liberal vs. conservative" argument is terrible, I wouldn't even consider "liberals" liberals, but rather progressives, people who want massive social changes. I consider liberals to be people who value personal freedoms and liberty, not people who are trying to get you fired over a vaccine mandate or because you won't participate in "diversity" training or even wish death upon people who died from covid that voted for Trump. I also feel that this "liberal vs. conservative" argument is very black and white when in reality, most people have different beliefs upon specific issues. The mainstream media, in general, is divisive, ignorant, and honestly, just a business fed on controversy and lies. The less I watched/read about it, the more peaceful life has been.

Offline Phil The Thril

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: November 18, 2021, 09:40:36 am »
It's a fucking op-ed news sites publish dozens of them every day. It's honestly so depressing to read this forum post along with the comments of that video and see all the people who have obviously never read a single article past the headline. Despite what conservative outlets would have you believe the "left-wing" media isn't one giant circle jerk that is too afraid to criticize it's own base.

As for the video itself, I found it to be pretty boring. Yeah, the major cities on the west coast are overcrowded poorly zoned/designed shitholes that nobody wants to move from because property values continue to rise and the weather is nice. It's baby's liberal criticism that conservatives will always eat up. The framing of the video is terrible too, everyone seems to forget that we live in a democracy and that just because a certain party is currently in power in a certain area doesn't mean they can just push through legislation on a whim, they are still beholden to their constituents who will not always vote in predictably left-wing or right-wing ways. You can try to paint it as hypocrisy all you want in the broader picture but it turns out to be a little more complicated than that when you actually dig into the details.
Nice Guy. Tries Hard. Loves The Game.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #5890 on: November 18, 2021, 03:33:19 pm »
You act like I give a shit about politics. I was just posting it because I wasn’t expecting NYT to make something like this. Tbh I never see either side criticize their own side very often when I do watch the news (which is rare). The media does lie quite a bit so you never know what’s true from either side. :)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 03:43:20 pm by ~NickCole~ »

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #5891 on: November 18, 2021, 05:58:46 pm »
If it’s so depressing delete your account

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: November 18, 2021, 09:32:40 pm »
It's a fucking op-ed news sites publish dozens of them every day. It's honestly so depressing to read this forum post along with the comments of that video and see all the people who have obviously never read a single article past the headline. Despite what conservative outlets would have you believe the "left-wing" media isn't one giant circle jerk that is too afraid to criticize it's own base.

As for the video itself, I found it to be pretty boring. Yeah, the major cities on the west coast are overcrowded poorly zoned/designed shitholes that nobody wants to move from because property values continue to rise and the weather is nice. It's baby's liberal criticism that conservatives will always eat up. The framing of the video is terrible too, everyone seems to forget that we live in a democracy and that just because a certain party is currently in power in a certain area doesn't mean they can just push through legislation on a whim, they are still beholden to their constituents who will not always vote in predictably left-wing or right-wing ways. You can try to paint it as hypocrisy all you want in the broader picture but it turns out to be a little more complicated than that when you actually dig into the details.
ratio

Offline MikeyBruh

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Multi Region Choker GVT Gang Member
« Reply #5893 on: November 18, 2021, 09:33:55 pm »
ratio

Also, I'm not friends with HiReaper, dudes a complete weirdo

Offline Phil The Thril

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: November 19, 2021, 12:14:41 am »
You act like I give a shit about politics. I was just posting it because I wasn’t expecting NYT to make something like this. Tbh I never see either side criticize their own side very often when I do watch the news (which is rare). The media does lie quite a bit so you never know what’s true from either side. :)
If you come into the politics thread and post about it you're kind of giving the impression that you at least somewhat care about it and are opening yourself up for people to respond to it as I did.

If it’s so depressing delete your account
That would be no fun tho :(
Nice Guy. Tries Hard. Loves The Game.