Author Topic: A response to recently expressed grievances  (Read 25902 times)

Offline Jock

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: A response to recently expressed grievances
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2013, 10:29:27 pm »
Nominated by the community. As it says in the OP.

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
  • Crunch, forever and always
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CRUNCH
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2013, 10:30:22 pm »
In my opinion people need to grow up and stop arguing over stuff like this.

It doesn't help when people go around making things worse by feeding the trolls.
I wholeheartedly agree.

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2013, 10:30:31 pm »
I'm also interested in this role.

But I support Sir Audiate for this.

Offline Robin_Hood

• Sergeant Major
  • To be British; is to be haughtily honest.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sid the slick sh*t
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2013, 10:30:42 pm »
I said this on the other thread, but how exactly will the community reps be chosen? as I would like to express my interest in becoming one

You? Lmfao? Your nose is rammed between cheeks, son. People like Hekko should get such a role, for they're not afraid to upset Del boy Trotter (vince).

Instigating arguments is such a broad term, for all could be potentially and usually innocently participating in this joke of a rule. Post an opinion, someone disagrees and therefore you have instigated an argument. Now, sonny, welcome to the FSE graveyard where we ban you all with our sketchy rules as the tool. And why you say? Because we can, son.

Offline Ronan6793

• Donator
  • But at what cost?
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
  • Nick: Ronan
  • Side: Union
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2013, 10:31:23 pm »
This might sound a Little extreme but what about removing all Admins apart from FSE and pretty much starting from scratch?

Offline Cherry#YOLO

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2013, 10:32:58 pm »
I said this on the other thread, but how exactly will the community reps be chosen? as I would like to express my interest in becoming one

Offline Sanderos25

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CPL Batavii
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2013, 10:33:24 pm »
Where is the rest of the responce.. This can't be it right? they only missed like 20 topics... and representatives? could it be any more vage? who appoints those people, wait we are back at step one, no progress.. this is not a responce, this is a popularity contest according to FSE
"Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied." - Otto von Bismarck

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2013, 10:33:36 pm »
This might sound a Little extreme but what about removing all Admins apart from FSE and pretty much starting from scratch?

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Xeroth

• Donator
  • 3E GOD TIER
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2013, 10:35:36 pm »
This community is more messed up then the administrators, in my opinion.
A melee competant 6th Season NWL Champ
Karth are we still jealous of your reg?

Offline Deofuta

• Captain
  • 1stEPI_Fw_Deofuta
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2013, 10:35:43 pm »

Hey!

Just made a post about it, should be in this same area. Check it out!

https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=2663.msg75558#msg75558
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 10:38:08 pm by Deofuta »

Offline Kator Viridian

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2013, 10:39:14 pm »
The representatives are only going to be of use IF they can select admins for the official servers, as they are dubbed "Official" they are surely for the community as a whole and represent FSE. If the representatives only have power over the forum administration and not the server administration for the Official servers you will still have the exact same problem and will be looking at the same problem 1 month down the line.

If the official servers are Vincenzo's servers and he wishes to pick his own admins then really they should be dubbed something else other than "Official" as "Official" would be a misleading title towards the servers if they are not represeted by community admins chosen by the community.

Makes sense I would think?

Offline MaHuD

• Major
    • View Profile
    • Reveran
  • Nick: MaHuD
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2013, 10:43:46 pm »
The way I read it, representatives will be able to voice the needs of the entire community better.
So yes that is inclusive of the MP aspect.
[18:51] <Evanovic> Mahud can I nominate you for best villian 2013?

Offline Treble

• Sergeant Major
  • top kek melee player
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Treble
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2013, 10:45:48 pm »
Then said people should people who are not involved. People like Hekko or Tav are involved. People on the FSE team or admin team are involved. The people shouldn't be involved. It also helps if they aren't "famous"on youtube due to the fact they get subscribers to just vote for them.

Offline Sanderos25

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CPL Batavii
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2013, 11:17:34 pm »
This is the downfall of FSE, such a weak response for such a well put together charge. The representatives they speak about are not going to have power to do anything, FSE has never cared for the community, remember MM? pay 10 euro's for an update and give it a different label. I agree with Hekko, once FSE decided to make NW a product they are responsible for the quality of it and gaurd it's community not dictate it.

The representatives idea is a popularity contest not a sign of some sort of democracy(which would be even worse). The representatives are gonna have as much power as the FSE crew will allow them, these reps will not be able to overrule FSE and their point will be to prevent this from happening again, the community complaining too much.

This answer from FSE is well put together in a way that he sounds as a politician, saying a lot of words while saying nothing at all. how many "grievances" did Hekko point out? and how many responces you see from FSE, the whole theme of Hekko's essay was ignored, that FSE does not support people that support the community, apearantly helping the community is a bad thing here, that was his point with 20 examples. and this responce can simply be added to the list, FSE coming with a hippy idea that sounds like they make the world a better place to live, while in fact they secure their grasp on the community.

The thing FSE needs to do is promote investing in the community, but no, once again someone is raising his voice against FSE, what are their options? 1. listen to him, 2. ban him, 3. take his support away by empty promises. Personally I love it when people compain about my work, it helps me to make my product better. but FSE has it's mind at Battlecry of Freedom, and doesn't want to spend too much time in NW, so what better to appoint some people that do it for you while pleasing the community by saying they are their leaders, while only having to kick out the ones that cause too much trouble, daily maintanaince of NW reduced to 5 minutes! Win! and so far the people on this thread are buying it
"Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied." - Otto von Bismarck

Offline Doctor Scherzando

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reading abnormal levels of cancer in this sector
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DoctorS.
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2013, 12:39:10 am »
Perhaps everyone should just calm their nips. I cannot be the only one who simply did not care one way or the other about the 51st business. The main reason why the "community is failing" is because most of you take things way to seriously for a game.  Personally I think this thread, and any other thread making complaints (not suggestions, just complaints) ought to be locked. Unless you people have an idea to make things better, just be quiet and quit whining. So, following my own rule I have a suggestion to improve the quality of the community:
Quit talking about the "community" as if it is one single entity. There are a few people that say stupid crap, but the majority of the chatter is now just complaining about it. It's like a bunch of people just hopped on the bandwagon and began ragging on "that damned community".

In summary, complaining is pointless, instead you should offer suggestions to improve or fix a problem. And stop pretending that this is like the Pentagon. We are just a group of people playing a game and it seems like you guys think it's a matter of life and death.