Author Topic: [NW][M] Fall of the Shogunate.  (Read 9622 times)

Offline Stefiboy

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [93e]Col. Jacques Mercier
  • Side: Union
[NW][M] Fall of the Shogunate.
« on: April 27, 2014, 04:04:13 am »

History

The Satsuma vanguard crossed into Kumamoto Prefecture on February 14. The Commandant of Kumamoto castle, Major General Tani Tateki had 3,800 soldiers and 600 policemen at his disposal. However, most of the garrison was from Kyūshū, while a significant number of officers were natives of Kagoshima; their loyalties were open to question. Rather than risk desertions or defections, Tani decided to stand on the defensive.
On February 19, the first shots of the war were fired as the defenders of Kumamoto castle opened fire on Satsuma units attempting to force their way into the castle. Kumamoto castle, built in 1598, was among the strongest in Japan, but Saigō was confident that his forces would be more than a match for Tani's peasant conscripts, who were still demoralized by the recent Shimpuren Rebellion.
On February 22, the main Satsuma army arrived and attacked Kumamoto castle in a pincer movement. Fighting continued into the night. Imperial forces fell back, and Acting Major Nogi Maresuke of the Kokura Fourteenth Regiment lost the regimental colors in fierce fighting. However, despite their successes, the Satsuma army failed to take the castle, and began to realize that the conscript army was not as ineffective as first assumed. After two days of fruitless attack, the Satsuma forces dug into the rock-hard icy ground around the castle and tried to starve the garrison out in a siege. The situation was especially desperate for the defenders as their stores of food and ammunition had been depleted by a warehouse fire shortly before the rebellion began.
During the siege, many Kumamoto ex-samurai flocked to Saigō's banner, swelling his forces to around 20,000 men. In the meantime, on March 9 Saigō, Kirino, and Shinohara were stripped of their court ranks and titles.
On the night of April 8, a force from Kumamoto castle made a sortie, forcing open a hole in the Satsuma lines and enabling desperately needed supplies to reach the garrison. The main Imperial Army, under General Kuroda Kiyotaka with the assistance of General Yamakawa Hiroshi arrived in Kumamoto on April 12, putting the now heavily outnumbered Satsuma forces to flight.

Planned Features

- 2 Main Factions (The Tokugawa Shogunate and The Emperor's Court)
- 2 Side Factions ( The Hattori and the Western Powers)
- Different Weapons
- New Type of Siege Warfare
- Very Immersive Ambient Music
- New Gatling Gun

Updates

Credits
SSH (Forgot his Name)- Main Samurai Armor

Thread WIP*

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: [NW][M] Fall of the Shogunate.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 04:12:28 am »
Aaaaaaaaaaand how do you think in god's name you will succeed in this? Do yourself a favour and don't even try.  :'(

Actually, make a signature and ur halfway there.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 04:48:38 am »
Not trying to hate, but imo never make a mod thread unless you actually have work to show. At least then people know that "oh hey, he actually worked on it". But that's just my drop in the bucket.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Stefiboy

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 04:51:11 am »
Not trying to hate, but imo never make a mod thread unless you actually have work to show. At least then people know that "oh hey, he actually worked on it". But that's just my drop in the bucket.
Well, its going take so im starting the marketing early :P

And Im Getting a moderator too remove all these unintelligent posts.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 04:53:07 am »

If you need marketing just have Herishey and Jelly wear it on their sigs. They have enough PR support to advertise to the whole forums.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Stefiboy

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 05:01:08 am »

In addition I am getting a moderator to remove all of the unintelligent posts in this thread.*

P.S please don't delete our posts - make a new topic  :'( :'(
This is my 2nd Topic for this Mod, i aint making a third one. Sorry   :-[

Offline McEwan

• Brigadier General
  • "McEwok" "McScrubwin" "ManJewban" "McWeewan"
    • View Profile
    • Marins de la Garde Impériale on Enjin!
  • Nick: IXe[Marins]_McEwan
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 05:10:20 am »
Off-topic posts removed. Don't make me do this again.

Kielbasa!

Offline Ste

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ste
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2014, 05:11:26 am »
The mod sounds shit...this is on-topic.

Offline Sparkly

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2014, 05:12:36 am »
The mod sounds shit...this is on-topic.
mhmmm constructive criticism I LOVE IT

Offline McEwan

• Brigadier General
  • "McEwok" "McScrubwin" "ManJewban" "McWeewan"
    • View Profile
    • Marins de la Garde Impériale on Enjin!
  • Nick: IXe[Marins]_McEwan
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2014, 05:13:24 am »
Being smart-asses won't help you. If you can't find anything actually constructive to post here, do not post here at all. Don't make me come back here.

Kielbasa!

Offline Sparkly

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2014, 05:15:39 am »
Wait a minute. can we not give "constructive criticism" about this attempt at a mod?

Offline Ste

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ste
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2014, 05:15:45 am »
Being smart-asses won't help you. If you can't find anything actually constructive to post here, do not post here at all. Don't make me come back here.

Most of what he has said is more than likely copy pastad from Wikipedia and the mod has been tried quite a few times and failed this is more than enough reason the say "this mod sounds shit"...

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2014, 05:16:07 am »
Okay then. McEwan because you want it. And I have some slight feelings for u.  :-*

Stefiboy. You will never succeed with making a mod like this because you have no where near the abilities or the experience to make this come true. So stop dissapointing hopefull fools and stop with this madness in the name of Ireland!

Thank you for your time.
#Constructive/destruction.

(I do hope this was the constructive kind of stuff u looked for mastur McEwan, may the bydands protect u  :-*)

Offline Sparkly

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2014, 05:16:46 am »
Okay then. McEwan because you want it. And I have some slight feelings for u.  :-*

Stefiboy. You will never succeed with making a mod like this because you have no where near the abilities or the experience to make this come true. So stop dissapointing hopefull fools and stop with this madness in the name of Ireland!

Thank you for your time.
#Constructive/destruction.

(I do hope this was the constructive kind of stuff u looked for mastur McEwan, may the bydands protect u  :-*)
Can you hear his jimmies getting rustled?

Offline Sparkly

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2014, 05:17:47 am »
I feel like im being watched :/
plz remove post
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 05:19:46 am by Sparkly »