Poll

Does NW melee suck?

Definitely
6 (66.7%)
Definitely
3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Why do people think this game is hard  (Read 6327 times)

Offline Chosen1

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Chosen1
  • Side: Confederacy
Why do people think this game is hard
« on: December 04, 2014, 07:11:21 pm »
Why do people think this game is competitive and difficult?

Melee hardly requires skill, for fucks sakes there's only 2 attack directions. My grandpa could be a "pro" at melee and he doesn't even know what a computer is. Bayonet duels are pretty much a test of who does something stupid first

Also, regimental linebattles are a terrible way of testing the skill of a regiment. From what I've seen, the more you abuse the rules (FOL, not being in a complete line etc.) and the map layouts, the more likely you are to win.

I don't play this game anymore, I'm just curious to hear from the le epic melee gods xD about why they think they are the shit for winning at what is the equivalent of the special olympics.

Changed the title of thread
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 11:23:01 pm by Chosen1 »
9-11 Coaster.

Find out what it's like to spin, glide, skim and fly like a giant airplane when you experience "United Airlines Flight 175"® – the only flying roller coaster of its kind in the world. Riders are taunted by a head-first, face-down inverted crash into the twin towers… and that's just the beginning. Experience the full force and power of riding down the twin towers, all on one of the deadliest tracks in the world.

AeroNinja

Re: Why do people think this game is competitive?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 07:17:32 pm »
At some points i agree im sick of it of always want to improve just gonna play the game for fun. For me it doesnt feel competetive anymore

Offline AlekoTheGreek

• Donator
  • Alex, born in the year of the false spring
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 16th AlekoTheGreek
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 07:46:03 pm »
making no mistakes is a very important SKILL

Offline Locust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 07:50:56 pm »
You're a fucking idiot who clearly has never played more than 2 hours on NW

Offline Chosen1

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 07:57:09 pm »
2000 hours

It's not, really. all I have to do to not lose is move up my mouse up and down and right click

Can someone explain to me how this is difficult?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 07:59:54 pm by Chosen1 »
9-11 Coaster.

Find out what it's like to spin, glide, skim and fly like a giant airplane when you experience "United Airlines Flight 175"® – the only flying roller coaster of its kind in the world. Riders are taunted by a head-first, face-down inverted crash into the twin towers… and that's just the beginning. Experience the full force and power of riding down the twin towers, all on one of the deadliest tracks in the world.

AeroNinja

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 07:57:50 pm »
It's still Competetive though. The only sad points are that almost all elite regiments disbanded.

Offline Locust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 08:00:00 pm »
1600 hours

It's not, really. all I have to do to not lose is move up my mouse up and down and right click

Can someone explain to me how this is difficult?
Probably all on 33rd seige playing as a rifleman

Offline Chosen1

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2014, 08:05:11 pm »
Go play groupfighting and pretend how "good" you are at "melee" or something you child.
9-11 Coaster.

Offline Crescent Glow

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2014, 08:07:07 pm »
Why don't you go on GroupFighting? You claim melee to be easy and it takes no skill.

Offline Chosen1

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2014, 08:09:24 pm »
Nope, uninstalled the game.

If I wanted to play something that actually required skill and thinking, I would play cRPG or native. The majority of players in those mods can block 4 directions  ::)
9-11 Coaster.

Offline Locust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2014, 08:11:42 pm »
I'm not trying to be pretentious, just stating how retarded you sound.

Offline Chosen1

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2014, 08:12:35 pm »
You still haven't refuted any of my points though, you're just using an autistic form of ad hominem
9-11 Coaster.

AeroNinja

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2014, 08:13:15 pm »
Ad hominem?  ???

Offline Chosen1

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2014, 08:15:30 pm »
Description of Ad Hominem

Translated from Latin to English, "Ad Hominem" means "against the man" or "against the person."

An Ad Hominem is a general category of fallacies in which a claim or argument is rejected on the basis of some irrelevant fact about the author of or the person presenting the claim or argument. Typically, this fallacy involves two steps. First, an attack against the character of person making the claim, her circumstances, or her actions is made (or the character, circumstances, or actions of the person reporting the claim). Second, this attack is taken to be evidence against the claim or argument the person in question is making (or presenting). This type of "argument" has the following form:

Person A makes claim X.
Person B makes an attack on person A.
Therefore A's claim is false.
9-11 Coaster.

AeroNinja

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2014, 08:19:13 pm »
Aah ok. Sorry D: