Author Topic: Bugs / Issues  (Read 32849 times)

Offline MrSt3fan

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Col_MrSt3fan
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Bugs / Issues
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2015, 11:37:22 pm »
Smoke stays too long to use a mortar properly. After reloading, the smoke is still there so you can't aim your second shot:
https://gyazo.com/054a44aa3998f357fc9048e5ae6472d8 --> Almost done reloading, still smoke
https://gyazo.com/2c302b0eec29fc732b9ac5d56a21edf6 --> Done reloading, too much smoke to aim

Offline usnavy30

• Board Moderator
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2015, 06:26:22 am »
Smoke stays too long to use a mortar properly. After reloading, the smoke is still there so you can't aim your second shot:
https://gyazo.com/054a44aa3998f357fc9048e5ae6472d8 --> Almost done reloading, still smoke
https://gyazo.com/2c302b0eec29fc732b9ac5d56a21edf6 --> Done reloading, too much smoke to aim
Well then..
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
« Reply #92 on: August 25, 2015, 06:32:56 am »
Err does anyone else think the German Spontoon is a bit overpowered? Too me it seems like it swings way too extremely fast and that it's much better than an actual bayonet. Very fun weapon to use none the less, just wondering if it was meant to be like that.

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Nick Lazanis

• Donator
  • Sex,droga i Bodiroga.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #93 on: August 25, 2015, 12:10:05 pm »
Err does anyone else think the German Spontoon is a bit overpowered? Too me it seems like it swings way too extremely fast and that it's much better than an actual bayonet. Very fun weapon to use none the less, just wondering if it was meant to be like that.

The only thing Marks said during the private beta test "German Spontoon is overpowered btw."

Offline DarthTaco

• Major
  • Modding merc at your service!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #94 on: August 25, 2015, 12:55:48 pm »
Can be used like a bayonet minus the musket attached to it :P. That balances it out pretty well.

Offline Hickery

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 25, 2015, 02:11:48 pm »
In your case I think the installer path should be manually edited on the line to be this

D:\Users\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules\

Pretty sure..

The installed module should definitely not stop the Warband launcher from working  :o

Oh, and welcome to the FSE forum  :)

I thought about trying this but when I was going to do it it told me it would replace Modules, and I expect that would overwrite all the modules I currently have, which would obviously be very bad.

I don't understand why this is only happening to me it seems, maybe there's some incompatibility between modules I have installed or something.  Really annoying.

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Board Moderator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 25, 2015, 03:51:45 pm »

The only thing Marks said during the private beta test "German Spontoon is overpowered btw."

Over head attacks for life, it's why there's limited to 1 per reg in our Event.

Offline fieldshire

• First Lieutenant
  • Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: #FreeFieldshire
« Reply #97 on: August 25, 2015, 03:57:43 pm »
Ew .exe

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 25, 2015, 05:46:47 pm »
The flags for ensigns are bloody awful. Sorry. They just seem irritating, too big maybe. But the invisible flag is a touch of genius.

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Board Moderator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 25, 2015, 07:14:19 pm »
The flags for ensigns are bloody awful. Sorry. They just seem irritating, too big maybe. But the invisible flag is a touch of genius.

The invisible flag is when you don't want to spawn with a flag and just want the spontoon, saves people stealing later on. I think the flags are period size correct from images, just make someone else play Ensign or don't spawn a colour during LBs.

Offline usnavy30

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2015, 08:47:39 pm »
I thought about trying this but when I was going to do it it told me it would replace Modules, and I expect that would overwrite all the modules I currently have, which would obviously be very bad.

I don't understand why this is only happening to me it seems, maybe there's some incompatibility between modules I have installed or something.  Really annoying.
Yes replacing Modules folder would be very bad, I must of got the correct path confused.

Can you check if the installed module folder inside has a file called module(.ini) ? It has a little cog symbol on it.
Last file at the bottom is the module.ini
[close]

Also try seeing if Whigs and Tories Beta is the only folder that makes the launcher stop working, multiple times to confirm.

What version of the game do you have?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 08:54:14 pm by usnavy30 »
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 25, 2015, 09:02:11 pm »

The invisible flag is when you don't want to spawn with a flag and just want the spontoon, saves people stealing later on. I think the flags are period size correct from images, just make someone else play Ensign or don't spawn a colour during LBs.

I indeed don't spawn the flag,it's maybe just the animation but its definitely a little iffy.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #102 on: August 25, 2015, 09:05:41 pm »

Over head attacks for life, it's why there's limited to 1 per reg in our Event.

O ok, Spontoon 4 lyfe.

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Hickery

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 25, 2015, 09:22:09 pm »

Yes replacing Modules folder would be very bad, I must of got the correct path confused.

Can you check if the installed module folder inside has a file called module(.ini) ? It has a little cog symbol on it.
Last file at the bottom is the module.ini
[close]

Also try seeing if Whigs and Tories Beta is the only folder that makes the launcher stop working, multiple times to confirm.

What version of the game do you have?

Just checked and yeah, I have the module.ini file.  I have the most up to date steam version of the game.  I've tested it quite a lot and to play I have to move the module out, once it's out it works again.  I guess I'll try downloading the module from a different link and see if it changes anything.

module screenshot
[close]

Offline usnavy30

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 25, 2015, 09:36:30 pm »
And you have the strings, tableau_materials, tag_uses, triggers, troops, variable_uses, and variables text files in the mod folder right?
to make sure you have all the necessary text files
[close]

Else what kind of computer do you have, Windows 7?

Or even maybe try removing the GLShaders folder (to the recycle bin) if you do not have Viking Conquest DLC.

Lastly I can suggest try re-verify integrity of game cache on Warband under the Library Steam tab and right click on Warband to select the game's Properties at the bottom. (If you have any mini-mods for NW or Native be sure to back those up before doing this, note for some people who never ever backup mini-mods downloaded. Main full mods should be fine.)
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 09:58:58 pm by usnavy30 »