Author Topic: New European-based Union ACW group.  (Read 20124 times)

Offline Captain America

• Second Lieutenant
  • One realm, one God, one King!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: New European-based Union ACW group.
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2014, 10:28:10 pm »
So they are, some crazy camouflaged gap between the two, damn you have good eyes. Still, wasn't sure gaiters were all that common

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2014, 10:33:01 pm »
That's the picture. Vince, can you give the high-quality picture to the ACW boys here?

I need you people to identify the type of forage caps the men are wearing. I think I see some square-cut vizor caps.

New flash, there isnt a "type" of forage cap, sure sutlers brand them in several types. But in the army, anything goes. So any types would work just fine. As long its forage cap.   

Offline Onii

• Donator
  • Your friendly neighbourhood Dane
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2014, 01:16:56 pm »
Got some EU Sutlers you guys can recomment?

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
  • Side: Union
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2014, 02:18:00 pm »
If you want anything contact me in steam, were going to order a load of stuffs soonish.

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2014, 04:38:17 pm »
Got some EU Sutlers you guys can recomment?

http://www.lederarsenal.com/en/pages/bakery/forage-cap-typ-ii-213.php

Leder Arsenal is probably the only best EU sutler you can get your hand on.   They're accepted and recommended by Authentic Campaigner,  they have another cap as well. check that out. 

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2014, 04:43:25 pm »
I support that forage cap.

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2014, 05:04:36 pm »
Hmm, but The Regimental Quartermaste is cheaper - I'm not sure about the quality, but a forage cap is much cheaper: http://www.regtqm.com/Hat-Forage-or-Bummer-Style-1858-Model-US-or-CS-p/hat-1.htm

You also can get a Uniform package which includes the basic clothing for only 272.50$:  http://www.regtqm.com/Basic-US-Recruit-Uniform-Package-p/package-11.htm 

As I've said, it's cheaper, but it's not EU based. Did anyone buy something there?
Dat kid who put up a global banlist back in Betty's times.
Former Regiments: 7te Kurmarkische Landwehr, 6te Ulanen, kk Kürassierregiment Nr.4, kk Bombardier-Regiment Nr.3, kk AR Nr.2, GGR Nr.4, Artillerie im Kö.Preuß.IR Nr.33.
>>Scenes<<

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2014, 05:06:30 pm »
I strongly advise any who are interested not to buy anything before approval is given. Remember that this is technically only an idea and it would be a possible waist of money.

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2014, 05:14:11 pm »
Hmm, but The Regimental Quartermaste is cheaper - I'm not sure about the quality, but a forage cap is much cheaper: http://www.regtqm.com/Hat-Forage-or-Bummer-Style-1858-Model-US-or-CS-p/hat-1.htm

You also can get a Uniform package which includes the basic clothing for only 272.50$:  http://www.regtqm.com/Basic-US-Recruit-Uniform-Package-p/package-11.htm 

As I've said, it's cheaper, but it's not EU based. Did anyone buy something there?

Regimental is in US. Dunno if you want that shipping.

I only buy tins stuff from there, the campaigner section. Great Ulrich stuff.

Uniforms? Stay away from it, not worth your money, you'll look like some boxy cosplayer. 

Brogans? they're A-OK.  Leder Arsenal is better. They are the best in fact. Tons of folks in US order brogans and jackboot from them.

Think about it, a sack coat should cost you $120+   if its cheap, that mean the quality is cheap and unauthentic. 

FUNFACT: Man made fibers uniform (regimental) melt to your skin if you ever catch on fire while historical accurate one don't.    ;D

Offline Ililsa

• Major
  • This knife of Sheffield steel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Retired_Ililsa
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2014, 05:15:42 pm »
I strongly advise any who are interested not to buy anything before approval is given. Remember that this is technically only an idea and it would be a possible waist of money.

True as fuck. Even when the idea is motion, check with someone more knowledgeable before you buy something. It'll suck if you spend a few hundred on your uniform only to look crap because of the quality compared to everyone else, or the wrong buttons or fabric.
Crawling back to you,
Ever thought of calling when you've had a few? 'cause I always do.
FUCKING MEDIEVAL HIPSTERS

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2014, 05:17:44 pm »

True as fuck. Even when the idea is motion, check with someone more knowledgeable before you buy something. It'll suck if you spend a few hundred on your uniform only to look crap because of the quality compared to everyone else, or the wrong buttons or fabric.

waste*  silly duuring. 

but yeah 1+ 

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2014, 05:22:44 pm »
I think everyone won't buy anything, isn't it clear buying something at this point would be silly  ???

« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 05:30:25 pm by Ted »
Former Regiments: 7te Kurmarkische Landwehr, 6te Ulanen, kk Kürassierregiment Nr.4, kk Bombardier-Regiment Nr.3, kk AR Nr.2, GGR Nr.4, Artillerie im Kö.Preuß.IR Nr.33.
>>Scenes<<

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2014, 05:34:19 pm »
I think everyone won't buy anything, isn't it clear buying something at this point would be silly  ???

for quality, do check Leder Arsenal, they're approved by fine lads in Authentic Campaigner forum. 

if you dont mind US.

http://www.njsekela.com/  I've seen quite a few german customers making review for Sekela, so he does international.

http://www.wwandcompany.com/  This is my personal favorite sutler. Brian White and Dan Wambaugh are execllent to discuss custom project or whatever. These guys rocks. If you have sewing skill, i recommend their kits. They come in clear and photo guide and  customer service is available to help. 

Just look through, get the idea of quality.   

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2014, 05:36:52 pm »
waste*  silly duuring. 

but yeah 1+

Damndamndamndamndamndamnmdanmdandhdmngh

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2014, 07:01:14 pm »
So, I would say 2500 - 3000$ for a high-quality basic equipment? (Brogans, complete uniform, cap box, cartridge box, belts, haversack, bayonet with scabbard, rifle and smaller things like cups and so on)
>>Scenes<<