Author Topic: 91st Regiment of Foot (Argyllshire Highlanders)  (Read 213424 times)

Offline Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
  • Mutual Owning with Elsse.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: 91st Regiment of Foot (Argyllshire Highlanders)
« Reply #2250 on: April 03, 2019, 02:17:19 pm »
Lmao artikel 13 time

Offline sirkaide

• Captain
  • Founder/Former leader of the 59th, NRP & Jailbreak
    • View Profile
    • 59th Website
  • Nick: Not politically correct
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2251 on: April 03, 2019, 02:22:28 pm »
I know what a tax haven is., the Dutch and Irish are working together in that field :P.  Arguing about free markets, where are you getting that from? what does Ireland's relation with the uk have to do with being a tax haven and attracting businesses from america? using figures from 1940- till now is stupid, in Ireland's case they have grown enormously in the last decades. It was really bad after 1940 but now its much better. Also Ireland is ranked higher in happiness indexes. Uk are overestimating themselves way to much I think, partly this caused the brexit vote to be yes imo.

You were praising the Irish economy for its growth and that is because it follows free market economics, ie very low corporation tax. The Irish model is being clapped down by the EU and reducing Irish-American trade.  The UK average wage is 55,054$ and Irelands is 41,074$. In terms of debt that you mentioned, You linked that the Irish had  a higher GDP per Capita then the UK. True, however, the cost of living in Ireland is 13.97% higher then the UK.

Spoiler
For instance, to buy a  Volkswagen Golf e.4l would cost £18,000 in the UK, while Irish drivers would be looking at paying €24,000 (£21,041.28) for the same car.
[close]

Offline Anubis.

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Anoobis
« Reply #2252 on: April 03, 2019, 02:32:54 pm »

You were praising the Irish economy for its growth and that is because it follows free market economics, ie very low corporation tax. The Irish model is being clapped down by the EU and reducing Irish-American trade.  The UK average wage is 55,054$ and Irelands is 41,074$. In terms of debt that you mentioned, You linked that the Irish had  a higher GDP per Capita then the UK. True, however, the cost of living in Ireland is 13.97% higher then the UK.

Where are you getting those figures as if i may ask? An average income higher than the gdp per capita? you may have to look at your sources.
The sources i can find all state that Irelands average income is higher

Quickly looked at some websites but all stated higher gdp, most higher than 13%
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 02:34:28 pm by Anubis. »

Offline sirkaide

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • 59th Website
« Reply #2253 on: April 03, 2019, 02:43:40 pm »
Ireland is much richer than the uk, would only mean they have to give money to the uk  ;)

You do realise Ireland still owes the UK taxpayer from the 2011 bailout?
Spoiler
"Ireland now owes about €44.5 billion. This comprises €22.5 billion to the EFSM, €18.4 billion to the EFSF and £3.2 billion (€3. 6 billion) to the UK".
[close]

London GDP alone is double Ireland's entire GDP. Not sure what you how you're measuring "richer". Switzerland will never join the EU. Direct Democracy is something that is alien to the EU.

Well I don't look at totals, but look at per capita. the gdp per capita for this statement which is for ireland: 77,861$ and for the uk: 42,593$ in 2018. Also Ireland is 68% in debt and uk 87%. Also Ireland has 4%+ growth figures, meanwhile the uk almost 2%. Luxembourg is a rich country right? but if you look at the total it is not that much indeed. But it would be stupid to look at totals imo.

Ireland has a good economy because it attracts giant American corporations such as Google and Microsoft. Are you arguing for free market economics? Good because the EU is the exact opposite. Ireland is attractive because:
  • Access to (EU) Single Market.
  • English speaking and relations to the UK and USA
  • Corporation tax of 1%

The EU is forcing Ireland to accept more tax, even though the Irish government doesn't want it. Ireland for all purposes is no longer a sovereign country but a state of the EU. The state of Texas has more control over itself then Ireland.
The problem with Ireland is that companies use it as a tax haven (same with the Netherlands). According to you tax evasion is okay because it is in line with free market economics?!?! Doesn't matter if it hurts competition, consumers? Rich companies are just allowed to dodge taxes, swallow the whole market and eliminate all competition that way.
Saying that texas has more sovereignty than ireland is a joke and shows that you have 0 knowledge of european law.  If there is a regulation harmonising a sensitive field of law there is always a 'rule of reason' which a country may use to protect a public interest that they have. People who just spew random shit like you without having any knowledge on the subject annoy the living shit out of me.

Seems you have misread. Anubis, is praising the Irish economy for its growth based on free market economics. Something the EU is hostile against. The EU in fairness to the other single market countries has brought tough new regulations in to force Ireland to accept more tax. Now, that is a question of sovereignty. A bunch of unelected bureaucrats have forced the Irish Republic to change its tax policy. That is the key point here sovereignty.  Secondly, the state of Texas has more control over its domestic policies than the Republic of Ireland. The death penalty being key example. Ireland is no longer a sovereign country but a state of the EU.

• Doesn't control its own currency.
  • Doesn't control its own borders.
  • Doesn't control its own agriculture policy.
  • Doesn't control its own laws.
  • Can't make trade deals with other countries.
  • Can't deport immigrants.
  • The Irish Supreme Court isn't supreme.
  • Unable to set its own tax policy.
  • Unable to set its own budget.
  • Loss of Ireland's military neutrality.

While Ireland is a member of the EU, 500 million EU citizens have an untrammelled right to move to and reside in Ireland. At the moment, non-EU, Irish diaspora (60 million people) meet massive discrimination if they desire to come to live in Ireland. Ireland should remember its own orgins and follow Michael Collins example to freedom.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 02:56:49 pm by sirkaide »

Offline Caskie

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15thYR_Caskerz
« Reply #2254 on: April 03, 2019, 03:00:56 pm »
Can your rubbish talk go somewhere else please.

Offline sirkaide

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • 59th Website
« Reply #2255 on: April 03, 2019, 03:02:33 pm »
Can your rubbish talk go somewhere else please.

Lock your thread then. The 91st is gone right? 95% of FSE posts on regimental threads aren't related to NW.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 04:01:04 pm by sirkaide »

Offline Caskie

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15thYR_Caskerz
« Reply #2256 on: April 03, 2019, 03:09:39 pm »
Not gone till next week so your sources are incorrect and I'm sure there are threads you can discuss this on instead of spamming my thread.

Offline ExoticFail

• Major
  • Ik moet masturberen
    • View Profile
  • Nick: "Describe live&amp
« Reply #2257 on: April 03, 2019, 03:16:46 pm »
on a side note, im responsible for the autism in this thread. btfo @not91stnigs
Hauptmann ExoticFail hat wie immer die Lage fest im Griff und verteilt hier die oneklicks
my posts never are irrelevant, they are gods words whom I connect through me,yet some little shit allways deletes my posts here even tho they r bob approved 
They always give me a chuckle that's for sure.

Offline Moi~

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Verm2 god
« Reply #2258 on: April 03, 2019, 03:23:56 pm »
on a side note, im responsible for the autism in this thread. btfo @not91stkids
padawan should replace chicken as captain, he has every ability a true leader should possess, a good voice, skill, experience & dedication. Padawan has all of these things and the only reason he wasn't allowed into team spain was cause chicken was afraid of him since he truly knew how much of a danger padawan could be to his spot.
padawan is no padawan any longer, he is a MASTER now and i would be AFRAID to fight him with team NL since he can 1v10 us easily!
#justice4padawan

Offline Fungus

• Major
  • The original shrigma male
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jr Pet Detective Fungus
« Reply #2259 on: April 03, 2019, 03:24:22 pm »
on a side note, im responsible for the autism in this thread. btfo @not91stkids
Listen to me big fat red haired spastic, you don't have half of my intelectual capacity, you are a fucking brain less animal, i think your mother throwed you on a wall when you were a baby and this is why you have the same brain as a monkey,
You understand nothing, this is why you are working at 20, because your brain did not allowed you to go to school to grab a decent degree, being toxic on a video game is not the same as being retarded, you should try to do some maths exercices because remember you can't even count to 10 if you remember one of the recent tournament, so now go threat your gambling addiction before your mom kick you out of her house.
And you should also go in an asylum, you get triggered by a fucking game and go in depression, deleting everyone on Steam and setting your profile as private, you cunt.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: April 03, 2019, 03:57:09 pm »
Finally my years of studying EU law will pay off. Also this took a while to write so ye. Sorry caskie I hope you don't mind us spamming your thread.
Secondly, the state of Texas has more control over its domestic policies than the Republic of Ireland. The death penalty being key example.

Ireland can't impose the death penalty because of the Council of Europe, which is a NOT a body of the EU. The CoE includes many human rights, the prohibition of the death penalty being one of them. Leaving the EU won't have any effect on this.

• Doesn't control its own currency
  • Doesn't control its own borders
  • Doesn't control its own agriculture policy
I will include these in one part as they also explain your problems with sovereignty. Firstly let's talk about the competence of the EU to act. This is agreed on by ALL member states as it is in the TFEU. There are certain fields where the EU has exclusive competence and fields where they have shared competence. Exclusive competence means that only the EU can create laws on that subject. Art 2(1) TFEU.
The exclusive competence is limited to:
Article 3
1. The Union shall have exclusive competence in the following areas:

(a) customs union;

(b) the establishing of the competition rules necessary for the functioning of the internal market;

(c) monetary policy for the Member States whose currency is the euro;

(d) the conservation of marine biological resources under the common fisheries policy;

(e) common commercial policy.

This is a VERY limited scope of subjects of law that are created by the EU. Customs Union was established by the EU. the competition rules are rules such as 102 TFEU (about a company's abuse of a dominant position) and 101 TFEU (Cartel Prohibition) and merger rules. Monetary policy about the euro is self explanatory. The euro was created by the EU.Therefore, only it can establish rules on the subject. (d) has a very limited scope and is not very important. (e) i will come back to this later.

Now, there are also areas of shared competence. 2(2) TFEU. Which means that Member States are free to make laws until countries decide to cooperate on a EU level and make European legislation. Meaning that a country retains its sovereignty until it is decided to cooperate on such a subject.

I would advise you to look into the legislative procedure of the EU, it basically boils down to(it is a lot more complicated than this but i will simplify it for you): The proposal is submitted by the Commission ( this is the only body that represents the EU during the whole procedure) after many hours of debating with the European Parliament and Council of Ministers.The proposal is sent to the European Parliament (voted for by EU citizens, AKA you) and the Council of Ministers.(filled with ministers from the member states, protects the interests of the Member states).  The Parliament has a moment where it can veto the proposal on two occasions. (you love democracy right?) And the Council can veto the proposal once (hey, there is your sovereignty).

Then on harmonization (rules made by the Commission on agriculture policy borders, tax policy etc): The EU has always been about the four freedoms of the European Union. The freedom of movements of goods, people, capital and services. These freedoms need to be protected from national laws that could harm them. Yet, this does not mean that the countries can't control their laws. First of all: not many fields of law are harmonized in European Law. Many fields are left completely open to the Member State because of their political sensitivity, or for the simple reason that there is no need for harmonization. The harmonization levels of criminal law for example are barely existent and are mostly  based on economic crimes like money laundering.

Then, when harmonization  is agreed on it is a balance between the sovereignty and the four freedoms. Countries are often prohibited from making certain laws that could infringe one of the four freedoms. These are laws that ban things such as import taxes, authorization schemes or other forms of protectionism. These prohibitions improve the trade and acces to services in all member states, and have immensely positive effects on the economy of any member state by allowing goods to move from one country to another. They also protect consumers and producers by providing fairer competition and thus fairer prices. I could go on, but I think you get the point here.
I can see how this could make it seem like countries can't make their own laws anymore. Yet, if a member state finds that it has need of a certain import tax, or certain authorization scheme. It can still create one, and justify it through the Rule of reason (or other form of justification) that is given in the directive. What you are basically doing is violating the directive, but it is accepted because you are doing it with a public interest in mind. Such as public health, security, or policy. It is important that these rules are not directly discriminatory and are proportionate. This is often hard to determine but the CJEU tries to find a balance between the sovereignty and the protection of the four freedoms. The court knows full well that if it completely rams the sovereignty into the ground the member states will be outraged.

I hope you understand that the subject of sovereignty is much more nuanced than you think. And that it is difficult to balance cooperation on an EU level with sovereignty.

Now I will move on to some of your other points:

This falls under point E of the exclusive competence of the EU. This is because it is useless to make trade deals with countries 100x your size when you are a small country like Ireland, or the Netherlands for example. A small country like us could never get a favorable trade deal with international giants like America and China. When we cooperate and represent ourselves through the EU, we appear as one market. Which is much stronger in negotiations and leads to favorable trade deals that a country like us could NEVER accomplish on their own. Even if you are a bigger country in the EU like  Germany, UK or France you benefit from this. Also it is needed to appear as one market, otherwise it defeats the whole purpose of the internal market, which we are trying to protect for the economic benefits that it provides.

The americans have a federal court, which has a limited scope, just like the CJEU has a limited scope only concerning matters of EU law. Then there is the ECHR which is not a court of the EU. They would still have to listen to this court. Then there is the International Court  of Justice which is yet again a higher ranked court that is not part of the EU. And, EVEN IF you leave the EU, you'd still have to abide by all of the judgements of the CJEU to trade in and enter any EU country. You are still bound by any judgement of the CJEU if you are dealing with a member state or the EU itself, even if you leave the EU. Leaving the EU will barely make their court or your court more "supreme" than it is now.

Edit: also it is very possible for a court to be supreme under the EU. Most of the judgements of the CJEU are preliminary ruling procedures. In this procedure the court decides on the interpretation of law, and explains how it should be implemented in a certain case. The case is then sent back to the national court, which will determine the practical outcome of that subject. And it is also very possible for a court to stay independent from the CJEU. The German supreme court is an example.

I don't really know what you mean with this? The irish government can set their own budget just as any other country.
?? Don't really know what you mean here, the EU can't declare wars. Nor has it tried to. That being said, Ireland might have been neutral (I will admit that I don't know how close the ties between Ireland and the UN/ the west have always been). But as far as I know Ireland has been on the same "side" as most of the European West since their liberation and the EU has no direct influence over their stance in any war after that.

Edit:Also ive made some spelling mistakes because I got lost in my own writing here and there, please ignore them D:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 04:15:28 pm by Rikkert »

Offline ExoticFail

• Major
  • Ik moet masturberen
    • View Profile
  • Nick: "Describe live&amp
« Reply #2261 on: April 03, 2019, 04:00:32 pm »
tldr
Hauptmann ExoticFail hat wie immer die Lage fest im Griff und verteilt hier die oneklicks
my posts never are irrelevant, they are gods words whom I connect through me,yet some little shit allways deletes my posts here even tho they r bob approved 
They always give me a chuckle that's for sure.

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #2262 on: April 03, 2019, 04:00:38 pm »
HOLY SHIT

breaking news kingkaidewalshwolf reinstalls holdfast

Offline Anubis.

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Anoobis
« Reply #2263 on: April 03, 2019, 04:08:50 pm »
GL with that kaide  :D

Offline sirkaide

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • 59th Website
« Reply #2264 on: April 03, 2019, 04:11:42 pm »
Finally my years of studying EU law will pay off. Also this took a while to write so ye. Sorry caskie I hope you don't mind us spamming your thread.
    Secondly, the state of Texas has more control over its domestic policies than the Republic of Ireland. The death penalty being key example.

Ireland can't impose the death penalty because of the Council of Europe, which is a NOT a body of the EU. The CoE includes many human rights, the prohibition of the death penalty being one of them. Leaving the EU won't have any effect on this.

• Doesn't control its own currency
    • Doesn't control its own borders
    • Doesn't control its own agriculture policy
    I will include these in one part as they also explain your problems with sovereignty. Firstly let's talk about the competence of the EU to act. This is agreed on by ALL member states as it is in the TFEU. There are certain fields where the EU has exclusive competence and fields where they have shared competence. Exclusive competence means that only the EU can create laws on that subject. Art 2(1) TFEU.
    The exclusive competence is limited to:
    Article 3
    1. The Union shall have exclusive competence in the following areas:

(a) customs union;

(b) the establishing of the competition rules necessary for the functioning of the internal market;

(c) monetary policy for the Member States whose currency is the euro;

(d) the conservation of marine biological resources under the common fisheries policy;

(e) common commercial policy.

This is a VERY limited scope of subjects of law that are created by the EU. Customs Union was established by the EU. the competition rules are rules such as 102 TFEU (about a company's abuse of a dominant position) and 101 TFEU (Cartel Prohibition) and merger rules. Monetary policy about the euro is self explanatory. The euro was created by the EU.Therefore, only it can establish rules on the subject. (d) has a very limited scope and is not very important. (e) i will come back to this later.

Now, there are also areas of shared competence. 2(2) TFEU. Which means that Member States are free to make laws until countries decide to cooperate on a EU level and make European legislation. Meaning that a country retains its sovereignty until it is decided to cooperate on such a subject.
    I would advise you to look into the legislative procedure of the EU, it basically boils down to(it is a lot more complicated than this but i will simplify it for you): The proposal is submitted by the Commission ( this is the only body that represents the EU during the whole procedure) after many hours of debating with the European Parliament and Council of Ministers.The proposal is sent to the  by the European Parliament (voted for by EU citizens, AKA you) and the Council of Ministers.(filled with ministers from the member states, protects the interests of the Member states).  The Parliament has a moment where it can veto the proposal on two occasions. (you love democracy right?) And the Council can veto the proposal once (hey, there is your sovereignty).

Then on harmonization (rules made by the Commission on agriculture policy borders, tax policy etc): The EU has always been about the four freedoms of the European Union. The freedom of movements of goods, people, capital and services. These freedoms need to be protected from national laws that could harm them. Yet, this does not mean that the countries can't control their laws. First of all: not many fields of law are harmonized in European Law. Many fields are left completely open to the Member State because of their political sensitivity, or for the simple reason that there is no need for harmonization. The harmonization levels of criminal law for example are barely existent and are mostly  based on economic crimes like money laundering.

Then, when harmonization  is agreed on it is a balance between the sovereignty and the four freedoms. Countries are often prohibited from making certain laws that could infringe one of the four freedoms. These are laws that ban things such as import taxes, authorization schemes or other forms of protectionism. These prohibitions improve the trade and acces to services in all member states, and have immensely positive effects on the economy of any member state by allowing goods to move from one country to another. They also protect consumers and producers by providing fairer competition and thus fairer prices. I could go on, but I think you get the point here.
    I can see how this could make it seem like countries can't make their own laws anymore. Yet, if a member state finds that it has need of a certain import tax, or certain authorization scheme. It can still create one, and justify it through the Rule of reason (or other form of justification) that is given in the directive. What you are basically doing is violating the directive, but it is accepted because you are doing it with a public interest in mind. Such as public health, security, or policy. It is important that these rules are not directly discriminatory and are proportionate. This is often hard to determine but the CJEU tries to find a balance between the sovereignty and the protection of the four freedoms. The court knows full well that if it completely rams the sovereignty into the ground the member states will be outraged.

I hope you understand that the subject of sovereignty is much more nuanced than you think. And that it is difficult to balance cooperation on an EU level with sovereignty.

Now I will move on to some of your other points:

This falls under point E of the exclusive competence of the EU. This is because it is useless to make trade deals with countries 100x your size when you are a small country like Ireland, or the Netherlands for example. A small country like us could never get a favorable trade deal with international giants like America and China. When we cooperate and represent ourselves through the EU, we appear as one market. Which is much stronger in negotiations and leads to favorable trade deals that a country like us could NEVER accomplish on their own. Even if you are a bigger country in the EU like  Germany, UK or France you benefit from this. Also it is needed to appear as one market, otherwise it defeats the whole purpose of the internal market, which we are trying to protect for the economic benefits that it provides.

The americans have a federal court, which has a limited scope, just like the CJEU has a limited scope only concerning matters of EU law. Then there is the ECHR which is not a court of the EU. They would still have to listen to this court. Then there is the International Court  of Justice which is yet again a higher ranked court that is not part of the EU. And, EVEN IF you leave the EU, you'd still have to abide by all of the judgements of the CJEU to trade in and enter any EU country. You are still bound by any judgement of the CJEU if you are dealing with a member state or the EU itself, even if you leave the EU. Leaving the EU will barely make their court or your court more "supreme" than it is now.

Edit: also it is very possible for a court to be supreme under the EU. Most of the judgements of the CJEU are preliminary ruling procedures. In this procedure the court decides on the interpretation of law, and explains how it should be implemented in a certain case. The case is then sent back to the national court, which will determine the practical outcome of that subject. And it is also very possible for a court to stay independent from the CJEU. The German supreme court is an example.

I don't really know what you mean with this? The irish government can set their own budget just as any other country.
    ?? Don't really know what you mean here, the EU can't declare wars. Nor has it tried to. That being said, Ireland might have been neutral (I will admit that I don't know how close the ties between Ireland and the UN/ the west have always been). But as far as I know Ireland has been on the same "side" as most of the European West since their liberation and the EU has no direct influence over their stance in any war after that.[/list][/list][/list]

Fuck me. Give me 10 minutes.