Author Topic: Simple Question, mainly for admins Rules for retreating?  (Read 1651 times)

Offline Eatjello

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Simple Question, mainly for admins Rules for retreating?
« on: January 28, 2014, 08:50:13 am »
So I like to start off by saying my unit is no way the best in town and that not the way we roll so we can get best the Epeen match that Im sure this subject will attract out of the way.

So I wanna touch on Retreating

What is Retreating? I come to see many forums of "Retreating"

And I have seen alot of different reactions when ppl who charge only to meet a unit that turns and runs for the hills.

If ppl are so strict on firing out of line and firing on the charge, moving in a line and charging why hasn't anyone thought about rules for the way unit's retreat?

Another thing that very annoying is any unit that picks skrims and feels the need to spread across the map and retreat, I will not state names but my unit has had to chase down many units this way and honestly if a unit doesn't know how to fight or fall back at least they shouldn't be allowed this spot.

so what are your thoughts?

Offline alpkerem

• Second Lieutenant
  • Nr.24 moar liek Nr 1
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sheikh alpkerem
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Simple Question, mainly for admins Rules for retreating?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 09:39:58 am »
[...] Another thing that very annoying is any unit that picks skrims and feels the need to spread across the map and retreat, I will not state names but [...]
#60thbest5thcompanyNA
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 06:21:21 pm by alpkerem »
u herd it here thirst, alp likes 2 breaking the rules

Offline Eatjello

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 09:48:01 am »
[...] Another thing that very annoying is any unit that picks skrims and feels the need to spread across the map and retreat, I will not state names but [...]
snip - Yea, open the thread with a targeted insult and incitement... smart

im not sure who these snip guys are but im sure u guys sound like great friends  ;)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 05:25:24 pm by Malakith »

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 06:09:03 pm »
You either fall back in an vaguely well to do fashion taking minor casualties or just plain out rout towards the nearest source of cover or friendlies from my experience.

I don't see much people making much of an issue about it as any broken regiment gets cornered or put down easily after a full rout (especially if there is good cav on the field)  or it is a handful of unfunny jerks delaying the event.

People usually are encouraged and fall back to find friendlies as the 3 man rule is always in effect.

The only time I can see retreating a major issue is when a line won't stand and fight which drags things out or skirms on a losing team refusing to accept the inevitable.

If you have at least 15-20 dudes unhurt you should take some casualties for the team and hold that flank.

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 06:18:27 pm »
You either fall back in an vaguely well to do fashion taking minor casualties or just plain out rout towards the nearest source of cover or friendlies from my experience.

I don't see much people making much of an issue about it as any broken regiment gets cornered or put down easily after a full rout (especially if there is good cav on the field)  or it is a handful of unfunny jerks delaying the event.

People usually are encouraged and fall back to find friendlies as the 3 man rule is always in effect.

The only time I can see retreating a major issue is when a line won't stand and fight which drags things out or skirms on a losing team refusing to accept the inevitable.

If you have at least 15-20 dudes unhurt you should take some casualties for the team and hold that flank.

So you want everyone to act defeatist as soon as one side has gained an advantage. I cannot tell you how many times when playing games that one side thinks the other side should just give up as soon as they lose the advantage. Much more entertaining to put up a fight until one side actually wins.

Retreating to preserve your forces while drawing out the enemy is a legitimate tactic and shouldn't be looked down upon. Even if its one reg left against 3.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 07:20:39 pm »

So you want everyone to act defeatist as soon as one side has gained an advantage. I cannot tell you how many times when playing games that one side thinks the other side should just give up as soon as they lose the advantage. Much more entertaining to put up a fight until one side actually wins.

Retreating to preserve your forces while drawing out the enemy is a legitimate tactic and shouldn't be looked down upon. Even if its one reg left against 3.

One regiment getting torn apart by three because their allies won't stand and aren't as coordinated is is a pretty biased form of entertainment.

The guys having the most fun are the ones winning. It might be fun once or twice for the losers, but from many a line battle by the 4th or 5th round it gets pretty tedious.

If you have the biggest line on the team and you are constantly pulling back or doing a tactical retreat to better ground you are hindering the rest of your team.

Offline Eatjello

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 10:32:18 pm »
I once saw a 35 man line camping the arty hill once, gave me heart burn. Ill take tactical retreat any day of the week but some units do it's just:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay9ZxsulN2c[/youtube]

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 08:15:59 pm »
Creepy troll posting IRL details in a video game forum, George. He just wants to cause drama.

Uh  okay? I'm not sure what the point of that was but I didn't even understand a lot of it...
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 10:45:38 pm by SeanBeansShako »

Offline PraetorianOverlord

• Donator
  • Private of the New South Wales Corps.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Dwayne Hicks
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 07:29:17 am »
I actually hardly see any regiments retreating unless they can do better elsewhere and that it is obvious that to stay would mean their useless slaughter (except one regiment which shall not be named that runs round in circles trying to get away from the enemy).
You're dead mate.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 09:06:46 am »
Good luck!