Author Topic: Developer Blog 26 - Alpha Announcement!  (Read 198662 times)

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Developer Blog 26 - Alpha Announcement!
« Reply #975 on: August 07, 2017, 06:55:11 pm »
I have nothing against anyone in power on the forum. I feel like there have been mistakes made in forum and game/community administration but don't hold personal grudges against anyone. I do believe the devs and admins and such have at least acted in good faith and without malice. All I'm saying is there was a colossal opportunity to nurture the community and drive it forward and they missed the chance. Although I don't even know why I'm posting this because I have already stated all of this 3 times only for you to make the exact same points you keep making that keep missing the mark. I am not "demanding" anything, we are not "entitled" to anything etc. etc. They may ramp up their advertising 1000% in the coming months. They may entice thousands to buy their games. They may make BCoF a smashing success. I sincerely hope that they do. All I am saying is they had a fantastic opportunity with a huge existing customer-base (in a thriving community) and they let it slip away.

Also, I said that you seem to fail in making the distinction between being a fan/customer and a lapdog/shill (in expecting me to not lament anything i perceive to be mistakes from the dev team, ignoring any negatives and only speaking positives). I didn't say you are a shill.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 07:01:11 pm by junedragon »
Why am I still here

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: August 07, 2017, 07:17:51 pm »
I understand what you're saying but we need to have faith. I understand that it's frustrating but if we all stick around and provide our support, the rest will come together. The advertising isn't being pumped out because there isn't really a great deal to advertise

Off the top of my head I believe the dead have mostly been reworking animations and sorting out some problems that have been getting in the way of progress (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I'm sure once there is a truly playable version of the game they'll go full throttle with the advertising. We just have to be patient.

Sorry to anyone reading if I've butchered this post, I'm in the car atm.

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #977 on: August 08, 2017, 12:59:00 am »
As depressing as it is, BCoF has long passed its time. Even Napoleonic Roleplay - the most popular public NW server by far - has taken massive hits to its playercount the past few weeks.

Note: While it's true people have been saying "NW is dying" for a quite a while, I'm definitely going short on NW's stock this time around.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 01:01:19 am by Gordo »

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
« Reply #978 on: August 08, 2017, 12:19:43 pm »
We are working really hard on finishing many aspects of the game right now.

I would say we hit the same problems as Taleworlds has with Mount & blade 2;  You have many guys working on many aspects independently, but actually putting it together and making a complete game is a big feat.
Constant updating underlying engine, changing concepts or finding better ways to do things, and having very, very high goals whilst having a quite small team makes development of this game quite hard, harder than we and others expected.

We shifted our focus at this point to actually finishing the game, making sure core concepts and gameplay are perfect and adding more and more of the other finished parts to the game.

Release date? hard to say.. We are pressing hard for some kind of beta this year.

I would say that we are bad at communicating with the community, for a developer it's not easy to always tell people what you are working on, and how far you are, game development is not always visible to the outside world or understandable. :)
Rather than trying to make it consumable we would focus on actually making something for the game.

Though we will try to remedy this, first of all there will be a big blog post outlining what was made and happened in the last year, and what the future will bring coming soon to you.. and from then on a more open development will be shown.

I know NW is dying, and has been for some time, then again it is still the most played multiplayer game in the Warband engine, outclassing any mod, and even native or the newer released viking conquest. I would call that a great success for a game so old, and graphically so low. :)

IF you have any questions about specific BCOF things you can always hit me a PM, or write me on steam. I'm quite lax on showing things if you wont throw it everywhere on YouTube..
The reason we are not allowing alpha testers to publish things is that things are not always pretty right now, or don't work correctly so it could scare away people that want a polished game. It will change soon however.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 03:44:51 pm by Vincenzo »

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: August 08, 2017, 03:36:26 pm »
See boys vince is always here ❤️

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #980 on: August 08, 2017, 03:36:34 pm »
The new artillery models made by Admiral are worth a dev blog of their own. It's pure eyecandy.

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #981 on: August 08, 2017, 06:04:14 pm »
Glad to see a statement from Vince!

The new artillery models made by Admiral are worth a dev blog of their own. It's pure eyecandy.
That's the point tho, I don't think anyone really cares about the size of the content in a blog. As long you show your followers that something is happening. It's understandable that you don't want to preview assets from your game that could be changed in a later phase or another reason similar to that.

But something simple like finished artillery models ^ could be more then enough  for your supporters. Anything is better then having months and months of silence to the majority of the community. It keeps your potentional future community closer to your product.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 06:06:33 pm by Gokiller »

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #982 on: August 08, 2017, 10:15:33 pm »
Now if only you could post things like that in regular intervals, almost like a blog...

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: August 08, 2017, 10:37:03 pm »
Now if only you could post things like that in regular intervals, almost like a blog...
Did you read his post? He said he was gonna make a blog. Relax.

Offline Orcaryo

• By far the worst in melee
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: August 08, 2017, 10:37:33 pm »
Thats been said many times

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: August 08, 2017, 10:42:55 pm »

regular intervals

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: August 08, 2017, 10:50:28 pm »
And as has been said so many times.

donate and you'll get to see some cool stuff every now and again Theodin

Offline Carson

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Charlie Don't Surf
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC Captain
« Reply #987 on: August 08, 2017, 11:12:57 pm »
"Donate to see more" When I was a donator (up till 4 weeks ago) there was hardly anything going on. Like I said that was 4 weeks ago, but I doubt much has changed

Former:
15e Chef de Bataillon
USMC Captain |30th Captain | 3eVolt Soldat de Première | 1te Garde Lieutenant | 15thYork Serjeant | 21e Soldat | 24th Private

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: August 08, 2017, 11:18:25 pm »
"Donate to see more" When I was a donator (up till 4 weeks ago) there was hardly anything going on. Like I said that was 4 weeks ago, but I doubt much has changed
And Olafson last posted in the developers shack on July 26th. That was the last post in a series which included multiple updates including music samples. My point still stands.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: August 08, 2017, 11:32:40 pm »
And as has been said so many times.

donate and you'll get to see some cool stuff every now and again Theodin
I am a donator, thank you, and I've been following the "updates" and, like I said, it would be nice if they were at regular intervals.

What is even the point of continuing your best toadie impression? Like, anytime someone critiques FSE (all in a coherent and respectful way, I might add) you take it as a personal insult.

I like discussion and all that but it seems like you're just looking for arguments.