Author Topic: ♞ Cavalry Napoleonic Wars League - Main Thread ♞  (Read 74514 times)

Offline Rastignac

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: ♞ Cavalry Napoleonic Wars League - Main Thread ♞
« Reply #600 on: June 21, 2018, 09:43:15 am »
My final post-CNWL thoughts: this season was indeed better, more balanced and tense than previous one and that's a surprise, considering how many were wondering if it can happen at all. It doesn't mean we can automatically assume there will be next CNWL, though.

About 4e's defeat: only thing anybody reasonable can say is - ABOUT TIME! And it doesn't come from negative feelings towards them but simply from awareness that such long dominance and constant win streak isn't healthy for the game. If some guys can be active for months and remain undefeated, it means they're damn good. But if it's lasting YEARS, then there's something wrong with the community, it's stagnant. A group of veterans turning unapproachable and standing above the rest is clearly a symptom of any dead game/community. Their loss is what NW and - dare I say - 4e itself needed. I wish them many more victories, but not having them for granted ever again.

Winning CNWL and being the 1st regiment to beat 4e is quite a achievement combo for 14pk and though I had my doubts about bringing us to CNWL/staying with the regiment, it feels worth the effort now. Couldn't feel more successful as an officer, seeing the path we walked just in a couple of months, with me & Zahari - the ultimate officer duet - at the helm.

Also...

xD xd

xDD xDD xD xD xD
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 09:45:46 am by Rastignac »

Offline Nerza

• Major
  • 2ème Régiment de Hussards | Capitaine Nerza
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #601 on: June 21, 2018, 01:26:21 pm »

About 4e's defeat: only thing anybody reasonable can say is - ABOUT TIME! And it doesn't come from negative feelings towards them but simply from awareness that such long dominance and constant win streak isn't healthy for the game. If some guys can be active for months and remain undefeated, it means they're damn good. But if it's lasting YEARS, then there's something wrong with the community, it's stagnant. A group of veterans turning unapproachable and standing above the rest is clearly a symptom of any dead game/community. Their loss is what NW and - dare I say - 4e itself needed.

I agree with you on this one Rasti, but I wouldn't say it's a symptom but more of a consequence.
People chose to regroup in regiment composed only of veterans in order to become the best of the best and later on, well, defeat the 4e who has actually achieved that and has became the final boss.
The problem is, all new average/good players or veterans are stacking now themselves in L1 regiments hoping that it'll be easier to win.
Now after 3 years we can see it kinda work for one and almost for some others, but was it really worth it on an overall community pov?
L1 - L2 have such a skill gap now, and L2 is mostly stagnant as the low tier of L1 is slowly starting to stagnate too.
Anyway, congrats again to everyone who fought this year, I hope next edition (if there is one) will definitly break the competitive scene!

« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 04:55:36 pm by Nerza »

Offline Harford

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • salut
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #602 on: June 22, 2018, 02:54:12 am »
cav is dead anyway
Former 2ndCSG_Pvt | 7th_Trp | 8e_Mchl | 17e_CplFo | 77y_Pfc | 5e_Brg | 91st_Pte
Currently IVe_7eCvl

tardet will you marry me
Yes

Offline Peradius

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Peradius
« Reply #603 on: June 22, 2018, 02:26:51 pm »
My final post-CNWL thoughts: this season was indeed better, more balanced and tense than previous one and that's a surprise, considering how many were wondering if it can happen at all. It doesn't mean we can automatically assume there will be next CNWL, though.

About 4e's defeat: only thing anybody reasonable can say is - ABOUT TIME! And it doesn't come from negative feelings towards them but simply from awareness that such long dominance and constant win streak isn't healthy for the game. If some guys can be active for months and remain undefeated, it means they're damn good. But if it's lasting YEARS, then there's something wrong with the community, it's stagnant. A group of veterans turning unapproachable and standing above the rest is clearly a symptom of any dead game/community. Their loss is what NW and - dare I say - 4e itself needed. I wish them many more victories, but not having them for granted ever again.

Winning CNWL and being the 1st regiment to beat 4e is quite a achievement combo for 14pk and though I had my doubts about bringing us to CNWL/staying with the regiment, it feels worth the effort now. Couldn't feel more successful as an officer, seeing the path we walked just in a couple of months, with me & Zahari - the ultimate officer duet - at the helm.

Also...

xD xd

xDD xDD xD xD xD

xD

Offline StephanGH

• Alpha Tester
    • View Profile
  • Nick: StephanGH | frozen
« Reply #604 on: June 22, 2018, 02:56:16 pm »
Much thanks to Erik. It must've been a hard decision to allow me to sign up to the CNWL but he put his trust somewhere I think no one else would've put it at that time. And I very much appreciate that Erik.

Although the merge we decided to pull off went to shit in the latter stages of the CNWL. It's something that happens and I'll do my best to learn from it. But I hope atleast this CNWL has proven to some degree that I also want to go forward and be able to join tournaments without creating drama around myself and the tournament. It was a pleasure and hopefully you don't feel like you misplaced your trust :)

Offline Mr_Sharkie

• Second Lieutenant
  • Sharks always win wars!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [7thHuss]Cpt.Sharkie
« Reply #605 on: June 24, 2018, 01:42:34 pm »

About 4e's defeat: only thing anybody reasonable can say is - ABOUT TIME! And it doesn't come from negative feelings towards them but simply from awareness that such long dominance and constant win streak isn't healthy for the game. If some guys can be active for months and remain undefeated, it means they're damn good. But if it's lasting YEARS, then there's something wrong with the community, it's stagnant. A group of veterans turning unapproachable and standing above the rest is clearly a symptom of any dead game/community. Their loss is what NW and - dare I say - 4e itself needed.

I agree with you on this one Rasti, but I wouldn't say it's a symptom but more of a consequence.
People chose to regroup in regiment composed only of veterans in order to become the best of the best and later on, well, defeat the 4e who has actually achieved that and has became the final boss.
The problem is, all new average/good players or veterans are stacking now themselves in L1 regiments hoping that it'll be easier to win.
Now after 3 years we can see it kinda work for one and almost for some others, but was it really worth it on an overall community pov?
L1 - L2 have such a skill gap now, and L2 is mostly stagnant as the low tier of L1 is slowly starting to stagnate too.
Anyway, congrats again to everyone who fought this year, I hope next edition (if there is one) will definitly break the competitive scene!

Yeah I agree Nerza, its why you rarely ever see me in a league 1 regiment. For the last 3 years I have been fighting for ze small regs as they deserve some vets too. All cav regiments used to be somewhat even skill but then all the vets decided hey... lets form so no one can beat us. Its like they don't want the competition anymore - as in start of as an underdog and become strong overtime. L2 was uneven in skill. The 3 regiments at the top of league 2 were easily league 1 material Nr4, 2Lr and 16e. But regiments formed for only the purpose of being the best has kinda taken its toll on the community and overall made the competitive scene a lot less competitive. But hey I enjoyed the majority of fights in league 2 and we did not come last so my regiment is happy! :D
May the Shark be with you!

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #606 on: June 24, 2018, 02:17:44 pm »
An underdog becoming a strong regiment is always possible. We as the Nr.6 started as a group of players that reached 1 (!) point in the  forelast CNWL, but we improved a lot  and now even had a draw against the 4e with the same group of people.
In my opinion it‘s a question of dedication to go through good and bad times and not losing your focus on becoming the best instead of just taking cheap opportunities that only help for a short period, e.g merging with another regiment, stealing players etc. .
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Mr_Sharkie

• Second Lieutenant
  • Sharks always win wars!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [7thHuss]Cpt.Sharkie
« Reply #607 on: June 24, 2018, 02:52:31 pm »
An underdog becoming a strong regiment is always possible. We as the Nr.6 started as a group of players that reached 1 (!) point in the  forelast CNWL, but we improved a lot  and now even had a draw against the 4e with the same group of people.
In my opinion it‘s a question of dedication to go through good and bad times and not losing your focus on becoming the best instead of just taking cheap opportunities that only help for a short period, e.g merging with another regiment, stealing players etc. .

Yeah it only gets you so far using those opportunities. But when there is a lack of players going around because they are all either in a regiment or don't like cavalry, merging is the only possibility small regiments have if they want to have players to actively do events in the first place. But you are right, only the people who want to be the best will become the best.
May the Shark be with you!