Author Topic: Melee Tournament Idea - 6 Nations  (Read 1065 times)

Offline Rhinosmyth

• First Lieutenant
  • The Inactive Colonel of the 65y
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Melee Tournament Idea - 6 Nations
« on: February 29, 2016, 06:42:57 pm »
Melee Tournament Groupfighting Idea - 6 Nations

I'm not sure if this has already happened, nor am i sure if something like this has been done before, yet it seems like a fun thing to do so my plan is to explain my idea here and see what the public's reaction is.

As many of you may be aware, there is a annual rugby tournament with 6 competing nations, France, Italy, Ireland, England, Wales and Scotland. Each team will have a chance to play every other team and the winner will be determined by who scores the most points throughout the season, with 2 points being awarded for a win and 1 point being awarded for a draw. In the 6 nations rules, if two or more teams finish the season with the same number of points, the winner is decided on the match points difference however in NW, this could be done by a final match between the two teams.

So, my idea is to have a melee groupfighting tournament with the nations who play in 6 nations to play in this tournament. The teams would initially be 7v7 or 10v10 i havn't had much thought upon it, on the 6 Nations team sizes are of 15 people, but some smaller teams such as Ireland which has faced criticism for having non-irish sign up in an attempt to fill enough players/better skill and hence i think a smaller team would be better.

This is just an idea i've had, nothings been decided on and it is purely for the community to give feedback to, i understand there currently is a NWWC tournament taking place so if this tournament was to take place then it would happen after NWWC to ensure there are no conflicting dates/interests.

As i have said, this is an idea, if anyone is wishing to add to it or to make suggestions then you're more than welcome to and i would be happy to make changes.

Offline Benallo

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Millionaire IRL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Benallo
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Melee Tournament Idea - 6 Nations
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 06:46:39 pm »
Ez for FRA 😂
But Nice idea. :D

Offline |Heinrich|

• Lieutenant Colonel