Author Topic: mod said i shuld post dis  (Read 4629 times)

Offline Blobmania

• Major
  • Damn Sexy.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Blobmania
  • Side: Neutral
Re: mod said i shuld post dis
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2013, 03:26:58 pm »
Users that we're considering for a moderator position are judged on their post history, general attitude on the forums and their interactions with other users (among other things). The "Trial Period" I mentioned is an internal process, and one that SeanBeansShako is currently passing through. To date no moderators have done anything that might make me believe they are unsuitable for the team during their trial phase (or later), which is why no-one has failed it yet. I personally put the perfect pass rate of the trial phase down to the high level of investigation and research that goes into potential candidates before they are even approached about the position - we don't consider people who would be unlikely to pass the trial phase.

SeanBeansShako's removal of unnecessary threads is part of routine cleaning that helps to keep the forums easy to use, and reduces clutter. Any threads that are "removed" are done so either at the request of the thread owner, or to remove inappropriate material from the forums. Even then, the threads aren't fully deleted - they go to a hidden archive from where we can re-instate them if needs be. Removing threads like this makes searching the forum for specific threads easier, and means that our forum users can more easily find what they are looking for when browsing the public boards.

As far as moderator activity goes, I've never had any problems with the activity of any of my moderators. At the minimum our job requires us to log in, check for any open reports and resolve any that are open. Any time spent online beyond that is effectively overtime - it's not essential for the general day-to-day running of the forum. None of our moderators can be online 100% of the time, and I am perfectly happy with the work they do, and their activity levels. Being a moderator isn't about being the most active forum user around - If you check my post history, the vast majority of my posts are moderation posts rather than actual forum use. Moderators generally give up the majority of their recreational use of the forums when they take the job, which means that we usually don't have the same visible activity level as normal forumites (and can't be judged by the same standards).
Spoiler
[close]

If a cat sits in a box in the woods and no-one is around to hear it, is it alive?

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2013, 03:36:26 pm »
I just think it is a shame that moderators do give up other forum behaviour, as long as they abide by the rules, can't be anything wrong with it. I am not against moderator staff voicing their opinion. People might not agree with them, but then they sorta have to react accordnig to the rules, since if they start a flame war (with a moderator, eeeeh), they will nearly immediately be punished.

It would also do a little in the form of prevention. If a moderator is active on a thread, it is less likely to go shitestorm.

Sidenote
People are so genius: Trolling, insulting and shitstirring when three moderators are on the exact same thread
[close]
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2013, 04:22:00 pm »
I have lots of respect for the mods, and I agree with Riddlez that they should not have to give up other behaviour. That is if they follow they rules and not act like little children(Claiming immunity because they are mod and so on).
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2013, 05:34:04 pm »
I have lots of respect for the mods, and I agree with Riddlez that they should not have to give up other behaviour. That is if they follow they rules and not act like little children(Claiming immunity because they are mod and so on).

Giving the attitude of the current mods, that probably won't be a problem.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2013, 05:36:59 pm »

Giving the attitude of the current mods, that probably won't be a problem.
The mods are good lads and I know that they would never do that. It was a example from another forum.
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Rackio

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rackio
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2013, 05:47:54 pm »
Aye, at the risk of repeating the above we really just like to keep an eye on users in general and examine their forum history (among other things) before approaching the user/s in question and asking if they'd be interested in the role. Then we wait until a slot opens up, and move them in as a Trial moderator for a few weeks. Provided that goes smoothly, they then join the moderation staff permanently.

all hail Blob

I'll always be sympathetic to your plight, Rackio. Probably not enough to act, but enough to care.

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2013, 05:59:06 pm »
Bit harsh jumping on the attack bandwagon, no harm done someone wanting to know what requirements are for a certain task, whether out of curiosity or wanting to forfill them.

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
  • Side: Union
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2013, 06:07:04 pm »
Why was everyone being a dick to Audiate? He's asking a fucking question, deal with it.

Also, i think this forum needs more moderators like Rejenorst, i mean he is after all best international.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2013, 06:08:44 pm »
Once you've built up a reputation it's hard to get rid of it.

Offline Blobmania

• Major
  • Damn Sexy.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Blobmania
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2013, 06:31:31 pm »
Aye, at the risk of repeating the above we really just like to keep an eye on users in general and examine their forum history (among other things) before approaching the user/s in question and asking if they'd be interested in the role. Then we wait until a slot opens up, and move them in as a Trial moderator for a few weeks. Provided that goes smoothly, they then join the moderation staff permanently.

all hail Blob

For the record, this also gets you Moderator privileges.
Spoiler
[close]

If a cat sits in a box in the woods and no-one is around to hear it, is it alive?

MagicTeatowel

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2013, 06:54:04 pm »
Spoiler

all hail Blob

For the record, this also gets you Moderator privileges.
[close]

Right guys *cough* *splutter* *cough* so when are we going to make this *cough* BlobRej with thread and page claimers etc?

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2013, 07:40:11 pm »
Wow corrupt admons much. I hope meh gud grammer nd niceness nd shizzle towards meh bruvs on dis forums gets me rep in da admon team innit bruv. I wud mek sik admon fam.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2013, 09:38:29 pm »
All hail mods!
I can haz? O.o

Offline Xeroth

• Donator
  • 3E GOD TIER
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2013, 09:49:21 pm »
Well you can't expect decent responses without a decent thread title, you give off a trollish seeming bias..
A melee competant 6th Season NWL Champ
Karth are we still jealous of your reg?

Offline 5arge

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2013, 10:06:42 pm »
my question is why you are such an curious angry person!
Took the words right out of my mouth old pal.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 01:54:33 am by SeanBeansShako »
it seems that the person on the wrong end of 5arge always seems to get the punishment.