Author Topic: Opinions on Individual Recruiting in Servers.  (Read 2862 times)

Offline Jorvasker

• Donator
  • 33rd_Fus_Jorvasker
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jorvasker
  • Side: Union
Opinions on Individual Recruiting in Servers.
« on: September 12, 2014, 12:54:38 am »
I want to know what the communities' opinions are when it comes to individually recruiting on servers. I have found out that it works really well because the person you are trying to recruit feels better that you came to them rather than just seeing a huge message about your regiment. I have also realized that all the big servers, 33rd, 15th, NA1, all do not allow this form of recruiting.

My opinion on the matter is that I think that is why regiments die like they do, because lets face it, no one reads those fucking large recruitment messages anymore. I have been doing individual recruiting for 2 weeks now and have made my regiment, the 12te, 45 members strong. Only like 3 of those where from a big message I sent out. The others were from individual recruiting. That just comes to show why regiment die the way they do.

I want to get you guys' input on this, because it is easy for the regiments on this server to disallow it because they get 5+ recruits on any admin recruitment message they send.

Regiment History:
Filthy Casual Publorde from May 2011 - Mid July 2012 / Early Services from July - November 2012, including 33rd, 63e, 1stCI / 1stFKI - November 2012 - April 2013 / Break from April 2013 - July 2013, with a short return to 63e from June until July / 1stEPI - July 2013 - January 2016 (Retired from game)

Offline Crescent Glow

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Opinions on Individual Recruiting in Servers.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 12:56:23 am »
Reserved for a long recruitment message

Offline regwilliam

• Donator
  • add regwilliam to join 1stNJ
    • View Profile
  • Nick: William
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 12:59:46 am »
Eh ive been recruiting in NA 1 for 2 years now i made the 29th the biggest NA regiment in the game just from that and now im trying to work on making the 9th biggest NA. Recruiting a is a tough task for anyone but if you put a lot of work you will get a a nice big fat regiment and the reason most regiments die out is because no one puts in any time for recruiting which is the life blood for any regiment

Offline Jorvasker

• Donator
  • 33rd_Fus_Jorvasker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 01:07:17 am »
Eh ive been recruiting in NA 1 for 2 years now i made the 29th the biggest NA regiment in the game just from that and now im trying to work on making the 9th biggest NA. Recruiting a is a tough task for anyone but if you put a lot of work you will get a a nice big fat regiment and the reason most regiments die out is because no one puts in any time for recruiting which is the life blood for any regiment
Well, you play on there everyday with 15-20 people and the people that play there no you. No one can recruit on NA1 because you guys are already established there.

Regiment History:
Filthy Casual Publorde from May 2011 - Mid July 2012 / Early Services from July - November 2012, including 33rd, 63e, 1stCI / 1stFKI - November 2012 - April 2013 / Break from April 2013 - July 2013, with a short return to 63e from June until July / 1stEPI - July 2013 - January 2016 (Retired from game)

Offline Peter Broetz

• Brigadier General
  • batteries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 01:08:52 am »
I don't have this problem. I already have a small and active core of players that I have known for a rather long time and I really don't need that many seeing as how we are skirms. I usually get a few old guys from the community wanting to join and I let them in. Recruiting isn't a problem for me. If you really want recruits go make a server and put announcements out yourself, the pubs really seem to like the big purple recruiting messages.  :-\

Offline Thundersnow

• Captain
  • Overlord of the 00th Regiment, Time and Space.
    • View Profile
    • www.PlanetThundersnow.com
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 01:12:25 am »
Individual recruitment is always nice, if you can risk ignoring 99% of the population.

I personally don't get many recruits via in-game, even though I promote it heavily (ie: once a map)

The main problem is, most people don't think the 00th is actually real.  Even though we'll be 3 years old this October with 200 affirmed members.

Heavy weighs the crown.

Offline Jorvasker

• Donator
  • 33rd_Fus_Jorvasker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 01:13:52 am »
That they do, but it is a lot of effort to build you server up to a population where people will join it over a 150 man Siege server, or a 100 man Battle server. You could simply just go onto a server like 33rd ask a few people and recruit them.

You are skirmishers and the attendance you get now is perfect, but for a line regiment you need lots of members like 25-30 to even be effective. That is my issue with it. I have gotten lots of members but I can't continue to do that if people continue to act this way towards it.

Regiment History:

Offline Jorvasker

• Donator
  • 33rd_Fus_Jorvasker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2014, 01:16:16 am »
Individual recruitment is always nice, if you can risk ignoring 99% of the population.

I personally don't get many recruits via in-game, even though I promote it heavily (ie: once a map)

The main problem is, most people don't think the 00th is actually real.  Even though we'll be 3 years old this October with 200 affirmed members.

Heavy weighs the crown.
Yeah xD The rules for NA1 which are 1 per map is outrageous because rounds in NA1 take forever. It should at least be one per round. xD

Regiment History:

Offline Gurkha

• Lieutenant General
  • Former 33rd LtCol
    • View Profile
    • Official 33rd Regiment of Foot Website
  • Nick: Gurkha
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2014, 01:31:01 am »
If you asked me this about a year and a half ago as a recruiter I would probably agree and support the idea as I used to do it, heck St3fan was recruited individually by me. But now as a server manager I do not agree with individual recruitment as it is a gate way for chat spam, people go over the recruitment limit and most times regiments who are recruiting to start arguing in chat and fight over recruit(s). There are better ways to recruit; post a message in global chat at the start of rounds to tell the server your regiment is recruiting and such. Include your contact info steam/website or ask them to type their steam names if they interested. If people are interested enough people will add you/join or give them info. All in one message, you'll get your bloody recruits.

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2014, 01:33:29 am »
I find it hard to find other with the same enthusiasm to recruit as me *Sigh*.

OP, meh fucking do whatever it takes, NW is like an overfished lake.

Offline Jorvasker

• Donator
  • 33rd_Fus_Jorvasker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2014, 01:34:20 am »

+1

Regiment History:

Offline Peter Broetz

• Brigadier General
  • batteries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2014, 01:35:48 am »

It's because recruiting is boring, time consuming and isn't rewarding. Even if you do spend that whole map trying to get that recruit it's more than likely he will become inactive in about a month.

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2014, 01:36:26 am »

GL  8) 

And I think that the best way is to get the top score, and do the message once a map still

Offline Jorvasker

• Donator
  • 33rd_Fus_Jorvasker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2014, 01:43:58 am »

GL  8) 

And I think that the best way is to get the top score, and do the message once a map still
That is a good way also.

Regiment History:

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2014, 01:47:58 am »

It's because recruiting is boring, time consuming and isn't rewarding. Even if you do spend that whole map trying to get that recruit it's more than likely he will become inactive in about a month.

Not if you gib Officer rank god Peter