Author Topic: NA Napoleonic Wars League [Season 7] Champions: LG & AEF!  (Read 126467 times)

Offline Pickle

• Major
  • Old-timer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SoaR-Pickle
  • Side: Union
Re: NA Napoleonic Wars League [Season 7 - Sign-ups Open!]
« Reply #150 on: January 24, 2017, 03:49:44 am »
While I appreciate the support on the preseason, (it wasn't my idea also) I again stress the need for outside feedback. like how you, amit, aren't in any reg in the league for neutrality. Have an outside, non-ref/moderation team to give critical feedback on the refs.
Personally, I don't feel like it's necessary, I for example will be more than willing to provide objective feedback for ref's if it's needed, I am not in a reg nor have I been for a super long time.
I feel like the Mod team will be able to handle this adequately.

Offline Rifleman Nicholas

• Captain
  • Ex-Colonel of the 4th. I run Aftershock
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nico
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #151 on: January 24, 2017, 03:52:07 am »
While I appreciate the support on the preseason, (it wasn't my idea also) I again stress the need for outside feedback. like how you, amit, aren't in any reg in the league for neutrality. Have an outside, non-ref/moderation team to give critical feedback on the refs.
Personally, I don't feel like it's necessary, I for example will be more than willing to provide objective feedback for ref's if it's needed, I am not in a reg nor have I been for a super long time.
Yeah, if you weren't a mod you'd have been my first choice for my theoretical role.
Even if I am a mod, I'll still provide objective feedback.

I agree with both of you, if I may weigh in with my opinion.  I believe their should be some vetting on the referees, but I agree with label in that the moderators can probably safely judge the vetting process.
Mostly known for running the 4th. More about me.
Rip my nigga Nico Got hit on tha streets for startin his rap career. The drillaz pulled up wit dey shooters
Nico's playing 4D chess and we're all playing checkers smh

Offline Amit_

• Captain
  • 22nd "Cheshire" Regiment
    • View Profile
    • Reddit Rescue Force
  • Nick: [22nd]Maj_Amit
« Reply #152 on: January 24, 2017, 04:02:27 am »
The first major moderator meeting has just concluded. We spent just over an hour discussing various topics and one of the most pressing ones is, of course, the start date for the league. We want to account for students who may have difficulty balancing their education with NANWL between the end of March and the end of June due to final projects and exams.

As a result, we have prepared two choices for the community to vote on (poll attached to this thread):

Option 1: Start Feb. 9th and each regiment will play 2 matches per week, cutting the time for the season in half. This allows people to finish the season faster and focus on school afterward.
Option 2: Start Feb. 12th and each regiment will play 1 match per week maintaining the usual match format for NANWL. This one is full steam ahead no matter what, like last year.

Ultimately, it is up to the regiments and their members to decide what is the best time for them.
Who the fug am I? Read up here.

Offline Rifleman Nicholas

• Captain
  • Ex-Colonel of the 4th. I run Aftershock
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nico
« Reply #153 on: January 24, 2017, 04:28:52 am »
I have 3 questions

1.  Has there been any decision made yet as to if there will be two leagues or not?  I know at least 1 more regiment will be signing up.  (Maple's 41st) I would prefer 2 leagues as it would provide a shorter season while maintaining the regular NWL format and on top of that it'd be more fun/fair for the "lower tier" regiments.

2.  Could the match ban for player's swapping regiments be lowered to 1 match, or at the very least less than 3?  Three matches is extremely extensive for someone just swapping from one reg to another, especially if this is the one and only time they do it.  If a person swaps many times I believe it should be handled on more of a case by case basis.  It worked for NAPL and it was heavily discussed at the end of last season.

3.  Could double reggers be allowed as long as only 1 of the regiments they are in is in NWL?  Also worked fine for NAPL and many players that I know would like to split their time between a non-NWL pub reg and an NWL reg in order to not void their prior commitments but still be able to participate in competition.
Mostly known for running the 4th. More about me.
Rip my nigga Nico Got hit on tha streets for startin his rap career. The drillaz pulled up wit dey shooters
Nico's playing 4D chess and we're all playing checkers smh

Offline Maple™

• Captain
  • GLORIOUS MELEE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Boy Wonder
« Reply #154 on: January 24, 2017, 04:35:03 am »
Regiment Name: 41st Welsh Regiment
Leader's Steam: SuperSecretMaple
Other Contact's Steam: Lawbringer
Estimated Attendance: 15-25
Do you accept the rules?: I do, amen.

Offline LiquidSkorpion

• Donator
  • Closet Canadian
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4thKGA for life
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #155 on: January 24, 2017, 04:38:47 am »
4thKGA_Maj_Label bae

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #156 on: January 24, 2017, 04:50:21 am »
 I think that this season should follow a NFL sort of format. Where there's so many weeks of the season and then lick the top eight regiments for example would move onto the playoffs and be determined who they face first by their seed.  As for  swapping regiments I believe for the first two weeks or so anyone can change regiments but after that there should be a two match ban.  I'm not sure how I feel about double Regin if one regiment isn't in the league Yet but for new people coming out of no regiment there should be no match ma but for new people coming out of no regiment there should be no match ban.  This is all my opinion of course though,  these kind of things work very well for WPL on the native side.  Here is a link to that thread if you're more curious on how they ran it

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,342406.0.html

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Orcaryo

• By far the worst in melee
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #157 on: January 24, 2017, 04:53:10 am »
Waste out here stealing my idea

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 24, 2017, 04:57:24 am »

Oops

Also 1 league unless the top teams from both leauges play off in the playoffs or something

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
« Reply #159 on: January 24, 2017, 05:06:29 am »

Oops

Also 1 league unless the top teams from both leagues play off in the playoffs or something

Or keep it like every other season? There are regiments who should be in league 2 who signed up. Putting them in league 1 would be a terrible idea.
It also depends on a number of regiments who have signed up. Just for a theoretical if wouldn't make sense if we put 4 regiments in League 2 while the rest are in league one because they're not as "skilled". I do agree however there should be at least 2 leagues.

Edit: Keyword, Theoretical, I just noticed all the controversy about this seasons competency. I'm going to admit it, am I going to be the best Referee that ever graced this earth? No, I'm not. I can make mistakes as long as everyone else can. I may lack in one area where another Referee excels, but damn well know if I'm reffing a match that I'd do my best regardless of what match it is. There's a reason why Amit accepted me and others at the positions they are, and it's that he believes they can pull off the job they've been assigned to them. If he didn't think they could pull it off, he wouldn't have accepted them.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 05:09:52 am by ~Midnight~ »

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
« Reply #160 on: January 24, 2017, 05:19:30 am »
Yeah midnghts right

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 24, 2017, 05:24:02 am »
 I've  really only seen one person voice dislike of the Mod  and referee choices so not  quite sure what you mean

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
« Reply #162 on: January 24, 2017, 05:27:11 am »
I've  really only seen one person voice dislike of the Mod  and referee choices so not  quite sure what you mean
There's been more trust me, that was just a side note, my main post was about the League thing.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #163 on: January 24, 2017, 05:43:50 am »
Terrible reffing has been killing 1v1s of late, so whoever is going to critique the refs can't mince words. I'd rather have less refs of better quality than more of worse quality.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #164 on: January 24, 2017, 05:51:22 am »
Or keep it like every other season? There are regiments who should be in league 2 who signed up. Putting them in league 1 would be a terrible idea.

+1

Some regiments can't compete in League 1, and it's not fun for them to be forced to play against top tier regiments, and there's not really any sport in it for top tier regiments. This only leads to driving regiments away from competitive play as they end up feeling there's no place for them in it.

Keeping 2 leagues should be a no-brainer, that's how it's always been run (minus S5) and it's always worked just fine, why mess with it?