Author Topic: Fifth Election (November-December term) - Candidates and discussion  (Read 22711 times)

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Duuring at any time can change this.  I will give this till the Nov 1st before i lock in who can run and put up the thread for people to vote in.

if i see a troll app, i wont add it.   Consider this your warning.   I'll try and update the op daily, other mods can update it as well. 

candidate format
Name:
EU or NA?:
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust? :
Why should you become CR? :
[close]

Candidates EU:
Munj
Spoiler
Name: Munj

EU or NA?: EU

Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes

Why should you become CR?: As an individual I feel that I am relatively impartial to most regiments and people, which means that I am in a good position to moderate the EU community from a somewhat neutral point of view. During my time in the community I have had contact with an array of EU personalities, whether they be regimental leaders/members, or simply freelance NW players. Such interactions have given me experience in dealing and communicating with a variety of diverse and unique people.

My administration experience is extensive, with a history of participating as a referee in various reputable tournaments, such as the RGL or NWL. Not to mention my current administration responsibilities on several high population public servers. These administration qualities further support my claim that I have a good understanding as to how to properly and justly manage public communities, regardless of size.

My role in the 63e, brings me into regular contact with my North American counterparts and I would argue that I have been exposed to the NA community more than most other potential candidates, which is obviously beneficial when it comes to cross-community relations.

Finally I would like to add that I consider myself to be an objective, empathetic and generally civil individual who doesn't let emotions in the way of responsibility and would represent the EU community with dignity.
[close]

Candidates NA:

Orcaryo
Spoiler
Name: Orcaryo
EU or NA?: NA
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust? : Yes
Why should you become CR? : I've been apart of this community for more than 3 years, and have been playing this game for more than 4 years. I've been a server administrator for more than 3 years as well. I've been involved in multiple tournaments such as NANWL. I know how much responsibility this position holds, and I am ready to accept it.
[close]

Godfreid
Spoiler
Name: Godfreid
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust? : Yes
Why should you become CR? :The NA community right now, as it is, is struggling, it's in bad shape, I see it, you see it, it's obvious. But I've been around the community for a while and I've done almost everything you can do in this game. I've been in regiments both as a ranker and a leader, and I've been in tournaments/leagues as both a participant and a host. But now all I want to do is put those experiences and my newer ideas to work in order to help the NA community. So please NA Community, vote Godfreid so you can help me, help you!
[close]

GlukTheWalrus
Spoiler
Name: GlukTheWalrus
Why should you become CR? : We are all aware that the community is slowly but surely dying with each passing month. Being an event host, i try as much as i can to pump enthusiasm into it. The reason i decided to run was to accomplish these goals,
1. Get people more active in the game.
2. (likely the most important) Bring back NA1!!! NA1 was the lifeblood of what made this game so popular. I'm not even exaggerating, for a long time all newcomers (for NA ofc) would go to NA1. Now it's completely empty and everyone is going to servers who are controlled by regiments who prevent recruiting. I'll delve into more detail as to how i'm going to accomplish this later on.
3. Bring more regiments to the game as well as getting them active on the forums. This has been a problem for a while, there have been less and less 'new' regiments. When i say new, i don't mean a rehash of an old reg. We need new regiments, with new players to keep this thing going. It sounds impossible but it's not!
4. Promote more events. Events are what keeps this community going and by promoting current events (whose attendance has been dropping) as well as new events, it would surely put life back into this community.

To whoever wins this election, i would like to ask them to incorporate at least my first 2 points into their platform.
[close]

Aurum

Spoiler
Name: Aurum
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust? : I am aware.
Why should you become CR? : To help myself answer this and organize my answer I will just put it in a list format

1. I have a good abundance of time I can dedicate to the community - For the most part I don't normally do a lot of things outside of school and being at home, so I have almost all of the free-time in the world to dedicate myself to the community as well as other things inside the community. (Ie: I'm able to juggle multiple things at once)

2. I love working on big projects such as this and overall having something to focus on - Whether it be a Girlfriend or making bhop maps I constantly need big things to focus on or else I go insane. If you look at the timeline of when I returned to NW (yes, i used to play back in 2014 and 2015) back in July you will see that I periodically do somewhat large things. From July to early September I was practically playing 5+ hours a day, just to improve myself. I went from around 230 hours, to 400+ hours in that time span. After that I hosted the 5v5 GF league, then shortly after that I decided to make my own regiment and now this (if i'm elected). These kinds of things give me something "productive" to do.

3. I don't mind dealing with people's problems - I think most people can agree with me on this, that dealing with others problems gets really tiresome and annoying after awhile. However for the most part I can normally deal with these problems and try to reach a consensus, whether it'd be a dispute between a mod and a forum member, or two regiment leaders.

4. I believe I have the skills to be a good and proper CR - Obviously anybody running for CR thinks this about themselves but as I have hopefully proved before, I have decent/good leadership skills, communication skills and problem-solving skills. (sorry trying to be modest :p)

5. I hate being involved with drama myself - That doesn't mean I can't deal with it, but personally I don't like to troll or be rude. Of course bantering is fun and all but passed that I try to be on everyone's good side, even people I don't politically agree with !

What I plan on doing with CR if I am elected:

1. Try and populate the NA_Assault server with people.

2. Try to host "Recruiting drives" where I contact small regs to help populate the server and try to recruit new people. Most likely one reg Friday night, Saturday Night and possibly Sunday Night (nothing confirmed yet, mostly brainstorming at this point)

3. This is a bit far-fetched and probably unrealistic, but try to recruit youtubers such as Pixelated Apollo and other youtubers alike him to populate the server and spark interest in it, just so that these Recruiting drives can get alot of people on them.

4. Work with the previous CRs and really anyone trying to pitch in and give advice/help.

5. Ensure that the community stays somewhat toxic and drama-free.

thanks for reading this wall of text
[close]
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 09:47:53 pm by Thunderstormer »
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
Re: Fifth Election (November-December term) - Candidates and discussion
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 12:40:06 am »
Probably won't run again if someone who I think will get the job done runs for it.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 12:49:49 am »
Apoc for re-election

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 01:19:45 am »
O some actually decided to run :o
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 05:42:09 pm by BabyJesus »
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Munj

• Second Lieutenant
  • Steam name: [63e] Munj
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_Cpt_Munj
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 01:38:35 am »
Name: Munj

EU or NA?: EU

Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes

Why should you become CR?: As an individual I feel that I am relatively impartial to most regiments and people, which means that I am in a good position to moderate the EU community from a somewhat neutral point of view. During my time in the community I have had contact with an array of EU personalities, whether they be regimental leaders/members, or simply freelance NW players. Such interactions have given me experience in dealing and communicating with a variety of diverse and unique people.

My administration experience is extensive, with a history of participating as a referee in various reputable tournaments, such as the RGL or NWL. Not to mention my current administration responsibilities on several high population public servers. These administration qualities further support my claim that I have a good understanding as to how to properly and justly manage public communities, regardless of size.

My role in the 63e, brings me into regular contact with my North American counterparts and I would argue that I have been exposed to the NA community more than most other potential candidates, which is obviously beneficial when it comes to cross-community relations.

Finally I would like to add that I consider myself to be an objective, empathetic and generally civil individual who doesn't let emotions in the way of responsibility and would represent the EU community with dignity.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 01:41:14 am by Munj »

Offline Orcaryo

• By far the worst in melee
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 02:24:50 am »
Name: Orcaryo
Why should you become CR? : I've been apart of this community for more than 3 years, and have been playing this game for more than 4 years. I've been a server administrator for more than 3 years as well. I've been involved in multiple tournaments such as NANWL. I know how much responsibility this position holds, and I am ready to accept it.

Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 07:17:03 pm by Orcaryo »

Offline Mekkil the Graet

• Donator
  • BACK AGAIN
    • View Profile
    • nApoleonic wArs!111
  • Nick: nApolenic_wArs!111_Dev_Mekkil
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2016, 02:28:10 am »
Name: Mekkil the Graet
EU or NA?: EU, the one and only
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust? : I do and I shall take the full brunt of any potential punishment.
Why should you become CR? :

I am Mekkil the Graet, one of the longest serving members here on this forum. I am widely known, every member with the mildest interest in our community is familiar with my name and my many contributions to it.
I am of course familiar with the community myself and so I also know of the recent CRs and the failures their terms have been. Nothing concrete have come out of them. No major changes have occurred. The real issues within our community lie unaddressed while the average forumite is bought off with minor initiatives such as the community leagues.

This needs to change. I am here to make that change happen. And it'll happen fast.
I have lead a medium sized regiment. I have hosted dozens of linebattles. I was one of the first community representatives when the first experiment went on many years ago and I was elected CR previously this very year.
I have experience. I am the man with the experience, the motivation, the skills and the will to push through the reforms needed. The reforms of the forumites.

'What reforms are these?' you ask. It is simple. All that these weak willed inexperienced kindergarten candidates have failed to do thus far. All that should have been done to improve these forums, but have remained undone. 'But Mekkil, you have been a CR yourself before. Why didn't you do this back then?' I am very glad to be able to address this issue here, before some misguided individual bring it up at a time where I may not have time to respond to it. Changes were made during my latest candidacy, but not enough. Especially the reform of the obsolete rules was something I was involved in. Change, but not enough. Reactionary elements in the top hierarchy prevented progress. I argued. I fought. But time was not on my side. Something I aim to change with this term, specifically with the help of one of my core points.

To be concrete, I aim to focus on three core areas as I did in my first term. The two first core areas I will continue to focus on, as not much have been done in my absence from office. Some of the reforms I managed to push through (even within the boundaries of my previous term) have even been rolled back in the minds of the people and moderators alike, due to the inactivity of certain forumites who've held more power than they could handle.

Security
Have you noticed the tone in debates on this forum? Have you noticed the amount of content less posts filling our forum? Have you, too, noticed the amount of trolls and troublemakers on this forum? Never before in history has the forum been in such a state. This are desperate times. And desperate times call for desperate moves. Only few are willing to act, but luckily, we are part of the few. We are not going to shy away from certain actions. We alone will do anything necessary to drive the evil out of the forums! Unlike other candidates, we alone have the will and courage to stand with you, and enact decisions for the betterment of us all. We alone, have the strength to take the unpopular but necessary decisions for this forum. We alone can protect the 99%.
A vote for MekkilsSuperHaus is a vote for: Security, Quality and Determination for the betterment of the forum.

Regiments
With us as Community Representative, regiments will prosper. We will introduce a whole bunch of new and super creative policies that will make regiments twice strong and twice as big (actual effects may vary). We will host official events and official leagues will be introduced. Those leagues will be under direct control of the FSE leadership, to make sure that no results are rigged and that no one cheats his way up to the top, ensuring a fair and monitored playground, free of foul elements.
A vote for MekkilsSuperHaus is a vote for: Solid Hierarchy, Regimental Dialogue and Stronger Regiments

And finally, my new point. After observing the recent election trends, the hostile bickering, the fruitless cross debating (or should one say flame war?) between contestants and the falling interest in our political system it is clear it needs a new direction. A direction I am willing and capable of providing.

A Reformed CR System
Look around you forumites! What do you see? Do you see the forum you imagined would come with the new Community Representatives? Probably not. Most of you may even consider it a waste of time after seeing the gross inefficiency of these wanna-be administrators and community smiths sift in and out of office with nothing much to show for it. On top of reckless upstarts taking the position of CR time and time again, rampant nepotism and favoritism caused by regimental meddling and rigging of elections; you have  falling participation in elections. It is clear the system isn't working as intended. The forum deserves something better. Something more efficient. Something that yields results.
The forum deserves a system and a leader with vision. A goal.
When I win this election, I will make it my oath sworn duty to improve our electorate system, so that it will be more responsive to change and the will of the community. This reformed system will be tested and tried as soon as possible, the results of it shall prove whether or not it is worthy. I know that it will and most of you do too. There is not much left in this empty husk of a democratic system with a minuscule of voters. With few candidates willing to bear the burden. All this is not to mention the state of the dead-end debates that take place, but goes nowhere and only serve to create confusion and defame their opponents.

Ladies and gentlemen; for many months the wheel of destiny and of the impulse of our calm determination moves toward the goal. In these last hours the rhythm has increased and nothing can stop it now. We have been patient with the CRs for months. It is enough now.

A vote for Mekkil is a vote for: New Possibilities. Real Leadership.

PICTURES OF GLORIOUS LEADER! - FRESH FROM PRESS - More media coming soon!

[IMAGE HAS BEEN CENSORED]

[close]

Early Promotional Material From Last Election

[close]

NEW AND FRESH Signatures to show your support for the cause! Avante!

Code: For easy copy pasting
[center][url=https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=33926.msg1463982#msg1463982][img width=600 height=188] http://puu.sh/rYuv6.png[/img][/url][/center]

[center][url=https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=33926.msg1463982#msg1463982][img width=600 height=188]https://i.imgur.com/M0lKxx5.png[/img][/url][/center]
[IMAGE HAS BEEN CENSORED]

[center][url=https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=33926.msg1463982#msg1463982][img width=600 height=188]https://abload.de/img/election-propagandazmuwj.png[/img][/url][/center]
[close]
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 09:01:58 pm by Mekkil the Graet »

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2016, 07:40:11 am »
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Freedom

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2016, 12:19:57 pm »
He got muted wtf

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2016, 12:36:10 pm »
He got muted wtf
Lel, represents the community in a nut shell. He's got my vote.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2016, 12:54:14 pm »
He got muted wtf
Lel, represents the community in a nut shell. He's got my vote.

The establishment is trying to rig the election

Mekkil 2016

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2016, 01:36:44 pm »
Even removed my "meme" post. Fucking fight the power boys. Vive la god damn revolution

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2016, 02:32:05 pm »
meanwhile we got Baby J. Trump and Orcaryo Clinton on NA side smh

Spoiler

jk love u both
[close]

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2016, 04:51:07 pm »
Will run if god emperor apoc doesnt

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2016, 05:27:43 pm »
Oh mai, Mikkel. FSE's own Trump! Or for us Dutch, Wilders!

Got my vote.