Author Topic: Berlin 1900  (Read 20779 times)

Offline Augy

• Major General
  • Anarchist. Absurdist. Existentialist. Man. Human.
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
  • Nick: -[TRR]- Cpt. Augy
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Berlin 1900
« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2014, 02:53:57 pm »
If you literally don't give a shit about the rest of the world and only about you're own "people". - Then its impossible for us to communicate to each other if we have opposing views of the world.
I couldn't give a rats ass about countries, can't you see what the human mind has become and whats were facing out in that vast universe + whatever other wacky crazy shit like dimensions.
And then you're all concerned with you're petty piece of land in a cold climate. Sweden is gorgeous but get over it, man. - is this what role you want to be?
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2014, 02:59:31 pm »
Those things are rather related. To a point where the one can't exist when the other is absent, and vice versa.
Greece was affected by nationalism but no imperialism.

Offline Prince_Eugen

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 19th_Fus_Prince_Eugen
« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2014, 03:58:16 pm »
Those things are rather related. To a point where the one can't exist when the other is absent, and vice versa.
They were occupied by Ottomans with all cruel, they were orthodox and Ottomans used them as slaves, so you know, when you live in slavery, you wont like that very much. It's not a nationalism, it's about one culture and religion is collided with another one, and one of sides will have a hard time under another.

Offline Turin Turambar

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 18, 2014, 04:41:36 pm »
They were occupied by Ottomans with all cruel, they were orthodox and Ottomans used them as slaves, so you know, when you live in slavery, you wont like that very much. It's not a nationalism, it's about one culture and religion is collided with another one, and one of sides will have a hard time under another.
This is wrong. It was not nice for the Greeks to live under Ottoman authority but they were allowed to act their orthodox religion and their culture. If this would not have been the case, all of balcan would be muslim today.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 04:51:58 pm by Turin Turambar »
des is apsichtdliche Browokazion etzala ferstest du

Offline Wismar

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 18, 2014, 05:22:42 pm »
=Nationalism

Offline Gizmo

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gizmo
  • Side: Union
« Reply #125 on: February 18, 2014, 05:42:38 pm »
You have your own definition of Nationalism, no wonder you're appearing to be uneducated.

Offline Wismar

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 18, 2014, 05:52:29 pm »
You have your own definition of Nationalism, no wonder you're appearing to be uneducated.
Nationalism = Love on a nation scale

Nationalism didn't cause WWI. It was imperialism. Wilhelm II wanted to be like UK. He wanted to have a big and powerful empire just like the rest of the great european powers. So he built a new navy and took several colonies which created a conflict between the UK and Germany. The French were already at Germany's throat because of Alsace-Lorraine.

All of these things are defined as imperialism.

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
« Reply #127 on: February 18, 2014, 05:55:12 pm »
Imperialism is the need to expand your country at the expense of others, natives in the age of imperialism were seen as inferior beings. And here comes nationalism, the love of your own nation and the thought that you are superior to others. Nationalism will always be connected to imperialism!
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Wismar

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 18, 2014, 05:59:17 pm »
Imperialism is the need to expand your country at the expense of others, natives in the age of imperialism were seen as inferior beings. And here comes nationalism, the love of your own nation and the thought that you are superior to others. Nationalism will always be connected to imperialism!
I can't speak for America but I'm pretty sure they were seen as animals way before nationalism was even a thing.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #129 on: February 18, 2014, 06:02:09 pm »
I can't speak for America but I'm pretty sure they were seen as animals way before nationalism was even a thing.

Nice job insulting a nation which you know shit about, once again.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Prince_Eugen

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2014, 06:02:23 pm »
This is wrong. It was not nice for the Greeks to live under Ottoman authority but they were allowed to act their orthodox religion and their culture. If this would not have been the case, all of balcan would be muslim today.
You might be right in your words. From what i heard they were opressed, but i might be wrong as well.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 18, 2014, 06:03:29 pm »
While unofficial religious persecution did happen, legally I don't think there were any laws against the Orthodoxy.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie

Offline Prince_Eugen

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2014, 06:06:07 pm »
While unofficial religious persecution did happen, legally I don't think there were any laws against the Orthodoxy.
That makes sense in terms of upkeeping atleast some order on Balkans. However, i'm totally sure there was a slavery in Ottoman empire for a long time and slaves werent africans.

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 18, 2014, 06:06:37 pm »

Nice job insulting a nation which you know shit about, once again.
I think Wismar's talking about the Native Americans (whom were thought of as not as awesome as the colonials), I don't think that he is insulting modern Americans with that statement, though I could be wrong.
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 18, 2014, 06:09:45 pm »
That makes sense in terms of upkeeping atleast some order on Balkans. However, i'm totally sure there was a slavery in Ottoman empire for a long time and slaves werent africans.

The Ottoman use of slavery wasn't racially driven, anyone could be a slave if they were POWs or otherwise.