Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars League [Season 5]  (Read 219392 times)

Offline Phoen!x

• Major
  • RGL Inventor
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral

Offline wilu_daskar

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Napoleonic Wars League [Season 5] [Current week: 12]
« Reply #1486 on: April 29, 2015, 11:42:03 pm »
Even if you cut the number of bullets to one, it won't prevent from camping. Camping regiment will just stay in cover (behind the hill for example) until opponents come closer, then rapidly leave the cover (usually getting to the top of the hill) and make a volley in close distance. And charge down the hill.
I know this scheme well cause use it in the past. As you see, cutting the number of bullets just force camping regiments to upgrade the camping tactic to something like I described in the beginning of the post.

Offline Herishey

• Board Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1487 on: April 30, 2015, 12:09:21 am »
5 min then forced to engage, was quite a good rule. Though moving positions equal or further distance away shouldn't reset the timer like it used tom
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline DasBrot

• Board Moderator
  • Inventor of NWL, Leader of 6te
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: April 30, 2015, 08:51:08 pm »
5-5 2Lhr vs 63e.

Close rounds, enjoyable match, no issues at all. GG both!

Offline CharlesVasser

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: May 01, 2015, 01:27:51 pm »
We had planned our NWL game against 4eGren tonight but we can impossible play it. Contact me for organising a new date. Note i wont be here tonight which is one of the reasons we have to move it.

Offline Bever

• Major
  • The Alcademic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: May 01, 2015, 02:08:41 pm »
Today the last NWL week starts!

I have to say I'm happy with League 2 and 3, but pretty unhappy with the Premier League. It's such disappointing to see the regiments being unable to play their matches in time. And the reason of having too much events is shit for me, it's about organisation skill, seems like several people miss it. ._.
I've been leading a big regiment myself for 2 years, everything is possible if you manage it right, but well. Seems like we can't change it. In this case this was the worst season so far in my opinion. But congrats to the smaller regiments in League 2 and 3, you did well :)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 02:13:49 pm by Bever »
"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline bruno73

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Stanislas_Lefort
Re: Napoleonic Wars League [Season 5] [Last week!]
« Reply #1491 on: May 01, 2015, 06:07:31 pm »
Delete message

Offline Alessandro

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 27y_Fin_Plk_Alessandro
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1492 on: May 01, 2015, 09:05:32 pm »
91st 9:1 5pp

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: May 01, 2015, 10:49:37 pm »
5 min then forced to engage, was quite a good rule. Though moving positions equal or further distance away shouldn't reset the timer like it used tom

force someone to move instead

Offline Herishey

• Board Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #1494 on: May 01, 2015, 11:03:38 pm »

Forcing someone to move would just mean they can do what 63e used to do and move to a hill even farther away.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline LePiek

• Sergeant
  • Member of 6te Garde
    • View Profile
  • Nick: PieK
« Reply #1495 on: May 01, 2015, 11:25:51 pm »
Very enjoyable match
It made fun to watch it  :D

Offline notmoving

• Major
  • LtCol of the 2nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: May 02, 2015, 02:23:17 am »
8:2 Win to the 2nd vs Preobraz_LG Great game alot of fun

Offline TheRealHunter

• Major General
  • Property of Chriseh
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Harris
« Reply #1497 on: May 02, 2015, 11:49:56 pm »
Today the last NWL week starts!

I have to say I'm happy with League 2 and 3, but pretty unhappy with the Premier League. It's such disappointing to see the regiments being unable to play their matches in time. And the reason of having too much events is shit for me, it's about organisation skill, seems like several people miss it. ._.
I've been leading a big regiment myself for 2 years, everything is possible if you manage it right, but well. Seems like we can't change it. In this case this was the worst season so far in my opinion. But congrats to the smaller regiments in League 2 and 3, you did well :)
We have the same problem in the RGL there are still matches from week3 which have to be played  :'(

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: May 03, 2015, 04:15:49 am »

Forcing someone to move would just mean they can do what 63e used to do and move to a hill even farther away.

Who the f*ck agrees to play on a hilly map? Thats where the problem lies. We played an nwl match on a map with a river, got massively screwed over by ppl who did everything they could to stay away from melee.. But hey. We agreed on the map and have to accept it. You win some you lose some. Life.

Offline DasBrot

• Board Moderator
  • Inventor of NWL, Leader of 6te
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: May 03, 2015, 01:04:13 pm »
Who the f*ck agrees to play on a hilly map? Thats where the problem lies.

Wow.
It's actually quite the opposite. The camping issue is directly connected with the NW obsession of flat maps. You can only shoot as far as you can see the enemy. If there are some small hills in the way so a line can move towards the camper in cover, everything goes fine.