Author Topic: [RGL5] Main Thread  (Read 217669 times)

Offline Jammo

• First Lieutenant
  • 91st Lt Col | 17e Maj | Power Ranger | FFE |
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: RGL - Regimental Groupfighting League Season 5 (Sign ups end on November 1st)
« Reply #255 on: September 21, 2017, 06:24:25 pm »
On a completely unrelated note does anybody have about 200 spare e-mails?

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
Re: RGL - Regimental Groupfighting League Season 5 (Sign ups end on November 1st)
« Reply #257 on: September 21, 2017, 06:26:29 pm »
Spoiler
Just ask reg leaders and make a decision - ban it or allow it - why is anonymous voting a thing.
Dayummm someones scared of how the numbers are looking  ::) xd. Jk but Asking reg leaders is just as bias as they can team up wid another regi and give an answer js

With such logic, 66th can ask all the members of their brigade to come and vote on FSE, on top of their friends which leads to waay more bias than simply asking the regimental leaders which are supposed to be a bit more independant than the rest.
If that was the case we could easily out vote them. It was a joke take your shining armour off Mr White Knight of FSE
[close]

My bad sir but while you're at it, don't try to forget the first purpose of a joke, which is to be funny ;)

Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #258 on: September 21, 2017, 06:27:09 pm »
On a completely unrelated note does anybody have about 200 spare e-mails?

Spoiler
[close]
::)

Offline Phoen!x

• Major
  • RGL Inventor
    • View Profile
Re: RGL - Regimental Groupfighting League (Season 5)
« Reply #259 on: September 21, 2017, 06:55:35 pm »
Spoiler
As you seem not able to find any sort of common ground and I dont really have a strong stand on this matter, I'm going to let you guys decide what we're going to do. I want the RGL to be interactive so I'll let you decide what the rule is gonna be on this as I see good arguments on both sides. The poll will end in 5 days. The voters will not be shown so you're free to vote whatever you want and no one can check whether you stick to your word or not. The option that has the most votes will be applied.

Please spoiler huge paragraphs if quoiting them in the future and try not to post too much off topic.

Thanks to those who have argued with us and/or will participate in the poll.
[close]

Could you explain the reasoning for making a public vote, implying people who won't partake into the RGL to give their opinion? The best way to do it if you intend to make people vote is to open applications for everyone, and once they're closed, you ask the regimental leaders their vote and take a decision based on such votes before the tournament starts. Regiment leader representing the interest of their regiments and members, that way you have the opinions of everyone who is going to play in the RGL and therefore, the opinions which matter are all taken into account.

Almost anyone who's active on the forums is also going to play in RGL so I dont think that there will be many irrelevant votes. I chose a public poll because I want to make a rule that pleases the majority of the players that participate. A lot of very good players that know much about the community and the game are not actually reg leaders, nevertheless I care about their opinion. I wanted to make it quite democratic. Anonymous vote so that anyone who cares can vote whatever he wants and no leader can check what his members have voted. Making it more democratic might also make it more biased but it integrates more opinions and valuable opinions of good players with experience as well. I dont think the idea of the leader representing his members' opinions is gonna work out as planned whereas I dont think there will be many people on this thread that dont care about or have nothing to do with the RGL or that there will be a massive bias because people are just too lazy and no one can the votes anyway.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 07:00:27 pm by Phoen!x »

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 21, 2017, 07:19:17 pm »
Almost anyone who's active on the forums is also going to play in RGL so I dont think that there will be many irrelevant votes. I chose a public poll because I want to make a rule that pleases the majority of the players that participate.

That's completly wrong. Anyone who check this thread on FSE can vote, the amount of people checking this thread daily is huge and certainly more than 40% / 50% of it won't play in the RGL Phoenix, that's a fact. Some people just love giving their opinions even though they're not even remotely concerned, how can you 100% sure that the people voting will all be playing in the RGL. I'm pretty sure you can't.

A lot of very good players that know much about the community and the game are not actually reg leaders, nevertheless I care about their opinion. I wanted to make it quite democratic.

You will never make everyone happy therefore such reasoning can only lead (in my opinion) to many problematics even though I agree with the general idea, that would be cool but its impracticable unless you wait to have all the rosters and you ask every single members about their opinion. But opening a FSE poll and hoping that the result will represent accurately the average opinion of the hundred players which are going to partake into the RGL is naive if anything. And I'm pretty sure your experience taught you better.

I dont think the idea of the leader representing his members' opinions is gonna work out as planned whereas I dont think there will be many people on this thread that dont care about or have nothing to do with the RGL or that there will be a massive bias because people are just too lazy and no one can the votes anyway.

By experience, it works and its easier to deal with complaints afterwards.

Offline Fwuffy

• General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 21, 2017, 07:22:11 pm »
Almost anyone who's active on the forums is also going to play in RGL so I dont think that there will be many irrelevant votes. I chose a public poll because I want to make a rule that pleases the majority of the players that participate.

That's completly wrong. Anyone who check this thread on FSE can vote, the amount of people checking this thread daily is huge and certainly more than 40% / 50% of it won't play in the RGL Phoenix, that's a fact. Some people just love giving their opinions even though they're not even remotely concerned, how can you 100% sure that the people voting will all be playing in the RGL. I'm pretty sure you can't.
Fun fact I vote in NA and AU event and regiment polls when I'm browsing FSE randomly, because it's cool.

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #262 on: September 21, 2017, 07:25:40 pm »
This League is brought to us by the gratitude of the hosts, organisers and referees.

Let them decide.

Tournesol

« Reply #263 on: September 21, 2017, 07:25:47 pm »
It reminds me NWWC 2015

Offline Fwuffy

• General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 21, 2017, 07:26:58 pm »
I mean applications end Nov. 1st, now imagine when it actually starts; NW is dead by then ::)

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #265 on: September 21, 2017, 07:29:01 pm »
I mean applications end Nov. 1st, now imagine when it actually starts; NW is dead by then ::)
Ye cuz holdfast melee will be sick  ;)

Offline Phoen!x

• Major
  • RGL Inventor
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 21, 2017, 07:33:44 pm »
Most of the players check this thread regularly to stay updated so most of the votes come from the same members. If I ask the leaders I am 80-90% sure they will not make a fair internal vote. I think the 40-50% of unconcerned players you're stating are false. Most active forum members either only read the off topic threads or play in a competitive reg. The casual NW scene isnt proportionally represented on the forums.

You will never make everyone happy therefore such reasoning can only lead (in my opinion) to many problematics even though I agree with the general idea, that would be cool but its impracticable unless you wait to have all the rosters and you ask every single members about their opinion. But opening a FSE poll and hoping that the result will represent accurately the average opinion of the hundred players which are going to partake into the RGL is naive if anything. And I'm pretty sure your experience taught you better.
I care more or at least as much about the votes of these players than about a lot of the leaders' votes so I won't ignore them. The 72nd and the 66th alone have 100+ members. Asking the leaders wouldnt represent the opinions of the players either. I think that's the better approach.

By experience, it works and its easier to deal with complaints afterwards.

By experience, the leaders vote what they want.

Dont think there will be much delay. Maybe a week or so after the sign ups are closed. If there will be a roster rule it will shortly be announced so that the regs have more time and the regs wont have more than two weeks in total to prepare them as it is not much work and they will still be able to update them.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 07:42:00 pm by Phoen!x »

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 21, 2017, 07:40:53 pm »
At the end of the day, you decide what to do. But I'm sorry, none of your arguments are convincing enough as I've seen exact same cases in similar competitive communities (closest one being the native scene) where having the captains voting for some decisions (and certainly not for all) was the best option among all. And without any sort of offense to your experience or anything because I still think you will do a great job as you're a great host Phoenix, those people where way more experienced than you're when it comes to such subjects.

Shame I couldn't be convincing enough, I hope it won't ruin the league as it has the potential for it to become quite problematic but lets just cross fingers and hope that whatever the decision taken is, it will be the one accurately representing the wish of a majority of the participants.

Looking forward still ! :)

Offline Phoen!x

• Major
  • RGL Inventor
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 21, 2017, 07:44:19 pm »
At the end of the day, you decide what to do. But I'm sorry, none of your arguments are convincing enough as I've seen exact same cases in similar competitive communities (closest one being the native scene) where having the captains voting for some decisions (and certainly not for all) was the best option among all. And without any sort of offense to your experience or anything because I still think you will do a great job as you're a great host Phoenix, those people where way more experienced than you're when it comes to such subjects.

Shame I couldn't be convincing enough, I hope it won't ruin the league as it has the potential for it to become quite problematic but lets just cross fingers and hope that whatever the decision taken is, it will be the one accurately representing the wish of a majority of the participants.

Looking forward still ! :)

Reg leaders can convince their members. That could have great impact, much greater than the one of the unconcerned players but let's see.