Author Topic: [RGL5] Main Thread  (Read 216617 times)

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt-Col_Peter_MacFie
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: RGL - Regimental Groupfighting League (Season 5)
« Reply #135 on: September 19, 2017, 10:52:14 pm »
Again, fully fictional.

There once was a lonely kid called trannyis, he and his amigo threwupthealphabet were on their way to the special people's hospital when trannyis decided to play with a leaf. Only that leaf belonged to the only man who lives in Macedonia with his pet mouse Travic.

Now, the word on the street was, this man was an escaped felony, having escaped Tesco with several crates of cider and bringing them to Asda twice. With the scar on his face from the time he slipped on a banana, the only man who lives in Macedonia sliced poor trannyis' thumb into quaters and quickly began preparing a lovely cooked panini.

How did this affect trannyis you might ask? He developed the latest excuse for being the literal worst player to be seen in the universe of NW. Of course, this excuse didn't get past the mighty chiken. Oh no, chiken saw right through it and called him bad. Little trannyis ran home sucking the only thumb he had left leaving threwupthealphabet clueless to what actually happened. I mean, he was a special nugget who wasn't quite all there in the first place, for he was distracted by a squirrel running up a tree.

The morale of this story. Watch out for the only man who lives in Macedonia. Oh and Lone sucks.

a touching story <3

Offline Rommel

• Major
  • Herr Colonel, Sie wollen uns die Feste nehmen???
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #136 on: September 19, 2017, 10:56:12 pm »
Name : 72nd Highland Regiment of Foot
Team-Captain: Rommel
Team-Captain's Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/72ndRommel/
Normal Attendance: 15-20

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #137 on: September 19, 2017, 11:01:56 pm »
Again, fully fictional.

There once was a lonely kid called trannyis, he and his amigo threwupthealphabet were on their way to the special people's hospital when trannyis decided to play with a leaf. Only that leaf belonged to the only man who lives in Macedonia with his pet mouse Travic.

Now, the word on the street was, this man was an escaped felony, having escaped Tesco with several crates of cider and bringing them to Asda twice. With the scar on his face from the time he slipped on a banana, the only man who lives in Macedonia sliced poor trannyis' thumb into quaters and quickly began preparing a lovely cooked panini.

How did this affect trannyis you might ask? He developed the latest excuse for being the literal worst player to be seen in the universe of NW. Of course, this excuse didn't get past the mighty chiken. Oh no, chiken saw right through it and called him bad. Little trannyis ran home sucking the only thumb he had left leaving threwupthealphabet clueless to what actually happened. I mean, he was a special nugget who wasn't quite all there in the first place, for he was distracted by a squirrel running up a tree.

The morale of this story. Watch out for the only man who lives in Macedonia. Oh and Lone sucks.

a touching story <3
lone getting the bone XD!

Offline Moi~

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Verm2 god
« Reply #138 on: September 19, 2017, 11:11:58 pm »
Again, fully fictional.

a touching story <3
LOL THATS ME
padawan should replace chicken as captain, he has every ability a true leader should possess, a good voice, skill, experience & dedication. Padawan has all of these things and the only reason he wasn't allowed into team spain was cause chicken was afraid of him since he truly knew how much of a danger padawan could be to his spot.
padawan is no padawan any longer, he is a MASTER now and i would be AFRAID to fight him with team NL since he can 1v10 us easily!
#justice4padawan

Offline Lone

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 20, 2017, 06:08:36 am »
Again, fully fictional.

a touching story <3

Pieter being jealous because he isn't in a story of bob
Tier Legendary Elite ++
97p Lone : By himself he's a very good duo. So he deserve a spot of his own.

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 20, 2017, 09:20:25 am »
no double reggers even if the regiment in question is ''casual''

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 20, 2017, 11:03:41 am »

Sounds good to me :)

Offline Mr_Etherton

• First Lieutenant
  • Hello There
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #142 on: September 20, 2017, 11:06:35 am »

Sounds good to me :)
And me because I always agree with Pieter so I get to play the matches.

Also here is a msg i autistically posted on the wrong thread regarding this type of thing:

Whats the situation on regiments using players from other regiments regardless of whether they arent a  'competitive regiment' such as arty, cav etc? This was an issue before and tbh is still really inviting. Especially as some regiments had NCOs/COs from said types of regiments playing for them, not naming names but its a bit silly too. if we gonna do a roster than those who are noted down on said rosters shouldnt be in any other regiment in the game imo. Should also have maybe 1 'transfer window' where players could join or leave a regiment during the comp as it is in quite a few sports. Shouldnt see ppl hopping in and out a few times during the 3 or so months.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 11:10:28 am by Mr_Etherton »

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 20, 2017, 11:24:01 am »
Wanted to add that I have nothing against reghopping or double regging, after all, it's only a game.

But if you're going to allow people to join regiments just to play in RGL and not attend anything else, does that not go against the purpose of the league? It's called Regimental Groupfighting League after all.
Might I add I like Etherton's idea of a transfer window, you can't force someone to stay in a regiment after all.

I am very much against the idea of people joining regiments just so they can jack off to a virtual tournament win.

Offline 89th Reg Official

• Sergeant
  • Princess Victoria's
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 89th_Rank_Firstname_Surname
« Reply #144 on: September 20, 2017, 11:59:45 am »
Name : 17th Regiment of foot
Team-Captain: Skittykiller
Team-Captain's Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/movementnw/
Normal attendance: 15+ 

Offline Maharbaal

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 23e_CplFo_Mathias_Bastier
  • Side: Union
« Reply #145 on: September 20, 2017, 01:07:23 pm »
Hope we won't have the same useless drama of last season as it was cancerous for both sides.  I want to give a special thanks to the referees and the organizers as their work isn't mentioned  a lot imo.

Ps : 10\10 stories Bob.

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 20, 2017, 01:18:28 pm »
Wanted to add that I have nothing against reghopping or double regging, after all, it's only a game.

But if you're going to allow people to join regiments just to play in RGL and not attend anything else, does that not go against the purpose of the league? It's called Regimental Groupfighting League after all.
Might I add I like Etherton's idea of a transfer window, you can't force someone to stay in a regiment after all.

I am very much against the idea of people joining regiments just so they can jack off to a virtual tournament win.

Ur so sexy when you speak like that

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Board Moderator
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #147 on: September 20, 2017, 02:05:14 pm »

That's gonna happen anyway. There's no way you can czech whether the player joined only for the one tournament or because he simply wants to spend his free time in other regimental events as well.

I say make regiments provide ID's of their players and don't let them change the roster after the tournament officialy starts. This way it will finally look a bit professional.
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Phoen!x

• Major
  • RGL Inventor
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 20, 2017, 03:27:47 pm »
Name: DarkTemplar
Steam: [72nd] DarkTemplar
Experience: RGL, NWL; EIC
Why you want to be a Referee: cause
When do you have time: don't know exactly but at least sunday's

Accepted

The deadline for regiments to sign up is the 1st of October.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 04:22:24 pm by Phoen!x »

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 20, 2017, 04:21:36 pm »

That's gonna happen anyway. There's no way you can czech whether the player joined only for the one tournament or because he simply wants to spend his free time in other regimental events as well.

I say make regiments provide ID's of their players and don't let them change the roster after the tournament officialy starts. This way it will finally look a bit professional.

Same goes with your suggestion bud. People just use 2nd steam accounts to work around it. Bottomline is, as long as the reg leaders are as crooked as politicians and use ppl which commitment to a reg is questionable, this is what we get. Cheaters.
Just make it as annoying and hard as possible for them to use mercs and double regers and if they actually get caught, punish the reg and the individual hard, ban and deduct points. Don't make it a risk worth taking so to speak.

OR just make it free for everyone to use mercs.

Don't go with some half-ass shit
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 04:23:41 pm by Carolusrex »