Author Topic: [RGL5] Main Thread  (Read 217550 times)

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt-Col_Peter_MacFie
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: RGL - Regimental Groupfighting League (Season 5)
« Reply #90 on: September 18, 2017, 11:10:59 pm »
By request of Pieter and on behalf of the 17e I would like to preemptively and graciously accept this season's trophy.

It's going to be a good season with a lot of equally matched regiments vying for that coveted silver placing to prove for once and for all who the 2nd best regiment is, as we all know none of you can even come close to challenging us, our biggest challenge being the rapidly fading motivation to even bother showing up to an event with a complete lack of competition or any sort of challenge.

Well that's all Pieter told me to relay, good luck to whomever is worthy of being the least bad among you and may your demolition by the 17e not drive you to disband.

Happy Kwanzaa, Hannukah and merry Christmas as that's the time I expect us to be lifting that easy 1st trophy. ö7

Haze going to reply in 3,2,1... PTN WE ZE BEST !!!!

Haze

« Reply #91 on: September 18, 2017, 11:14:21 pm »
3,2,1....popopo

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2017, 11:14:26 pm »
thx guys
[close]

Offline Ioxma

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #93 on: September 18, 2017, 11:17:51 pm »
3,2,1....popopo
Who the fuck are you?

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #94 on: September 18, 2017, 11:19:09 pm »
Shut the fuck up Eddie
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #95 on: September 18, 2017, 11:27:35 pm »

It's going to be a good season with a lot of equally matched regiments vying for that coveted silver placing to prove for once and for all who the 2nd best regiment is, as we all know none of you can even come close to challenging kkaxD, their biggest challenge being the rapidly fading motivation to even bother showing up to an event with a complete lack of competition or any sort of challenge.

Well that's all Pridier told me to relay, good luck to whomever is worthy of being the least bad among you and may your demolition by the k-kalolxD not drive you to disband.

Happy Kwanzaa, Hannukah and merry Christmas as that's the time I expect us to be lifting that easy 1st trophy. ö7
thanks for the kind words pal, we'll try our best!

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #96 on: September 18, 2017, 11:28:58 pm »
Spoiler
Situations that occur during a RGL:

The situation I speak of is purely fictitious and any relation to existing folk is merely coincidence.

Someone cries and leaves a RGL reg. Lets call them Rejection Personnel. Rejection Personnel brings with him, his 2 packs of cheap tesco cider and 4 members of the gang, whom if they didn't they would be banned from Tesco. Very crippling for the job security you see.

Now, Rejection Personnel has moved to Asda to purchase the cheap cider and brought his gang. The old grandma whom happens to have multiple names for whatever fricking reason, you know. They can't decide. Anyhom, Apollocalypse is now very happy and smiles.

Asda now have 4 reasonable skilled members, none better than a NW god called b0b of course. Tesco become a little worse of as it so happens, Rejection Personnel and his gang were quite influential.  Never fear, for after words with his court lawyer, Mr I Drink Guinness for a living guides his motley crew of walking talking white flags to a win.

Now, the potential was Mr I Drink Guinness's motley gang could have been on target for a win and then lost it because some hooligans move shops. RGL is in tatters.

The morale of this story, 1 reg per RGL season. To save both the cider supplies, and the fairness.

This leaves to scenario 2. Notsoreich's Shop takes the name of a famous shop and runs it to the ground (as to be expected) and the shop goes bankrupt. Asda and Morrisons run riot and quickly attempt to sell their cider to the homeless. Is this allowed? I mean, poor folk like Loxma's twin brother were cast aside and quickly snapped up by Morrisons.

Morale of the story, I would argue, if a terribly run reg quits very early. The players are allowed to move to another RGL season. If the reg quits mid season onwards, they are reglocked and cannot play for another regiment.

Story 3, A golden player whom claims he's Irish (no comment) wants his cousin to remain playing in the sand pit with 4 other kids on a regular basis. But on weekends, when the RGL match is on, the cousin walks over and states he wants to dip his toes into the ocean and play there for a day. On the weekdays he goes back to the sandpit.

Morale of the story, he plays in the small reg the most for 6+ days a week, cannot play for a RGL regiment. His older but still quite clumsy fluffed up chap plays for a sandpit regiment 4 days and in the ocean for 3 days. The sandpit regiment doesn't play in RGL, he should be eligible.

Shock horror! you may scream, why can't young jimmy (Sandpit player) play whereas Timmy (The fluffed up chap) can. Quite simply, the community is wise enough by now and should be old enough to be honest to admit that Timmy is in 2 regiments, but splits his time across whereas Jimmy was bribed with sweeties to play on the weekends.

*drops the mic*
[close]

Excellent story, could use some work on the grammar but over all a grade A from me and 78/100.

A great fairy tale, a shame it simply can't be applied in the real world.

Well done you have passed year 6 English :)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 11:34:01 pm by golden2 »

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt-Col_Peter_MacFie
« Reply #97 on: September 18, 2017, 11:39:22 pm »
Spoiler

The situation I speak of is purely fictitious and any relation to existing folk is merely coincidence.

Someone cries and leaves a RGL reg. Lets call them Rejection Personnel. Rejection Personnel brings with him, his 2 packs of cheap tesco cider and 4 members of the gang, whom if they didn't they would be banned from Tesco. Very crippling for the job security you see.

Now, Rejection Personnel has moved to Asda to purchase the cheap cider and brought his gang. The old grandma whom happens to have multiple names for whatever fricking reason, you know. They can't decide. Anyhom, Apollocalypse is now very happy and smiles.

Asda now have 4 reasonable skilled members, none better than a NW god called b0b of course. Tesco become a little worse of as it so happens, Rejection Personnel and his gang were quite influential.  Never fear, for after words with his court lawyer, Mr I Drink Guinness for a living guides his motley crew of walking talking white flags to a win.

Now, the potential was Mr I Drink Guinness's motley gang could have been on target for a win and then lost it because some hooligans move shops. RGL is in tatters.

The morale of this story, 1 reg per RGL season. To save both the cider supplies, and the fairness.

This leaves to scenario 2. Notsoreich's Shop takes the name of a famous shop and runs it to the ground (as to be expected) and the shop goes bankrupt. Asda and Morrisons run riot and quickly attempt to sell their cider to the homeless. Is this allowed? I mean, poor folk like Loxma's twin brother were cast aside and quickly snapped up by Morrisons.

Morale of the story, I would argue, if a terribly run reg quits very early. The players are allowed to move to another RGL season. If the reg quits mid season onwards, they are reglocked and cannot play for another regiment.

Story 3, A golden player whom claims he's Irish (no comment) wants his cousin to remain playing in the sand pit with 4 other kids on a regular basis. But on weekends, when the RGL match is on, the cousin walks over and states he wants to dip his toes into the ocean and play there for a day. On the weekdays he goes back to the sandpit.

Morale of the story, he plays in the small reg the most for 6+ days a week, cannot play for a RGL regiment. His older but still quite clumsy fluffed up chap plays for a sandpit regiment 4 days and in the ocean for 3 days. The sandpit regiment doesn't play in RGL, he should be eligible.

Shock horror! you may scream, why can't young jimmy (Sandpit player) play whereas Timmy (The fluffed up chap) can. Quite simply, the community is wise enough by now and should be old enough to be honest to admit that Timmy is in 2 regiments, but splits his time across whereas Jimmy was bribed with sweeties to play on the weekends.

*drops the mic*
[close]

Excellent story, could use some work on the grammar but over all a grade A from me and 78/100.

are you firing shots???? AT BOB

Offline Ioxma

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 18, 2017, 11:40:54 pm »

Morale of the story, I'm a big fat fucking cunt!

*drops the mic*
[/spoiler]

Shut the fuck up bob

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #99 on: September 18, 2017, 11:41:52 pm »
Spoiler

*drops the mic*
[close]

Harmless words nothing more

Offline bobertini

• Major General
  • Stark <3<3<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 18, 2017, 11:47:10 pm »
Spoiler

*drops the mic*
[close]

I believe the story might have already been applied  :')

Also. Where's my certificate.

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #101 on: September 18, 2017, 11:55:29 pm »
YALL READY FOR THE NEXT 90 PAGES OF BANTER

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2017, 12:01:37 am »
YALL READY FOR THE NEXT 90 PAGES OF BANTER
I WAS BORN READY

Offline Dren

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 19, 2017, 12:18:37 am »

*drops the mic*
Tardet is probably jealous of such a well written essay.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 01:58:16 am by Dren »

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #104 on: September 19, 2017, 12:26:00 am »
My broken english and I are a no match for Bob's writtings.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.