Author Topic: [RGL5] Main Thread  (Read 217570 times)

Offline Lone

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: RGL - Regimental Groupfighting League (Season 5)
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2017, 08:08:07 am »
Principally both sides are right and you won't get one solution that's comfortable for both. Just let Phoenix decide, nevertheless the practical realization will be interesting.
Tier Legendary Elite ++
97p Lone : By himself he's a very good duo. So he deserve a spot of his own.

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2017, 08:26:58 am »
i like bobs idea

nice, need reg for rgl type 123
bagins misses you

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2017, 08:30:29 am »
In my opinion both sides of the argument are quite even. Every regiment has those people who turn up to some events and not others. There are people in 18e who don't show up for groupfights but show up for 1v1's because they prefer the legacy style to NW. However if I asked them to show up for a competitive league like RGL, they always will because that's the respect we share with each other, which personally I value more than bringing a team that can win any match. But yet again every one likes to win which can trump the want for respect in some peoples minds.

I admit we have people who would show up for this but not normal 1v1's etc but they are people who have been with us since we formed what's soon to be 5 years ago.
Would hate to tell them they can't play just because some butthurt people in other regs are complaining.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 08:34:41 am by John Price »
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Knightmare

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2017, 08:52:30 am »
In my opinion both sides of the argument are quite even. Every regiment has those people who turn up to some events and not others. There are people in 18e who don't show up for groupfights but show up for 1v1's because they prefer the legacy style to NW. However if I asked them to show up for a competitive league like RGL, they always will because that's the respect we share with each other, which personally I value more than bringing a team that can win any match. But yet again every one likes to win which can trump the want for respect in some peoples minds.

I admit we have people who would show up for this but not normal 1v1's etc but they are people who have been with us since we formed what's soon to be 5 years ago.
Would hate to tell them they can't play just because some butthurt people in other regs are complaining.
i'd show up for anythin tho

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2017, 09:02:00 am »
Yeah you don't really have a choice
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Munj

• Second Lieutenant
  • Steam name: [63e] Munj
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_Cpt_Munj
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2017, 12:09:01 pm »
With such a numerical decline in the community it now makes sense for regiments to submit a team roster with player GUIDs. The league should be divided up into 4-5 stages (a stage consisting of 2-3 matches). At the end of each stage there should be a 2-3 day period where all players that wish to join new teams can (this includes external players wishing to join teams that are in the tournament). These changes should be listed on a post at the end of each stage. Whitelist the servers so that anyone who has not complied with the policy will simply be banned. In the past people have criticised this approach stating that it is too much effort but frankly every single RGL since season 2 has been plagued by the problem of double reggers so putting a little more time and effort in to construct watertight format is in the best interests of the organisers and the regiments.

The second point regarding people being in two regiments, one casual and one competitive, is virtually impossible to prevent. One can only manage the members that are in the RGL but there is no way of finding out what other regiments they are in if they really want that to remain hidden. A policy like that which the EIC introduced where no double regging of any form was allowed could be a start but it was hard to enforce then and it will be hard to enforce now.

Also, for once, can the organisers set up a criteria for accepting regiments rather than just going with whoever signs up. It is better to have a smaller roster of participating regiments who you know will stay till the end than have a larger roster which is half empty by the end of the season due to unstable regiments dropping.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 04:23:16 pm by Munj »

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2017, 12:31:21 pm »
It's just frankly stupid to say becasue 2 days a week you play arty you can't play in the rgl.

And I'm fully aware of double reggers and mercs, so what is wrong with the current rule: you can only be in 1 regiment that is in the RGL, and you can not move or change, surely this fixes the problems. The only issues is enforcing it, and in my opinion some of that enforcing needs to be done by the decency of regimental leaders.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 12:39:15 pm by golden2 »

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2017, 01:04:45 pm »
I can see the issue with it to an extent. But it depends on the situation, for example if you have a player who is in a cav reg but then also in say 66th and plays half & half in events and didn't literally just join for the RGL then I don't see an issue.

But if for example you have 10 players that join you from say another line reg not in the RGL just do play within the RGL and these are all decent meleers then of course there is an issue. The thing with this sort of thing is that it's all situational and the organisers should really make a decision on each situation as opposed to making a rule on it, the rule should be more of a guideline that the organisers and referees use to help aid and support their judgement.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2017, 01:12:22 pm »
can i join a reg in rgl when im a skirm member in a casual 33rd???
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Offline SkyBier

• Lieutenant General
  • THE BEST SKY
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SkY
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2017, 01:23:43 pm »
Name:SkY
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198062296223/
Experience: have always been
Why you want to be a Referee: u need refs
When do you have time: no clue yet

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2017, 01:43:19 pm »
Jesus sky stop nolifing this forum
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline Jayke

• Major
  • Jayke
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr.55 l Hursty l FP Jayke
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2017, 02:16:41 pm »
no soz lad

Offline Lone

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2017, 02:27:25 pm »
With such a numerical decline in the community it now makes sense for regiments to submit a team roster with player GUIDs. The league should be divided up into 4-5 stages (a stage consisting of 2-3 matches). At the end of each stage there should be a 2-3 day period where all players that wish to join new teams can (this includes external players wishing to join teams that are in the tournament). These changes should be listed on a post at the end of each stage. Whitelist the servers so that anyone who has not complied with the policy will simply be banned. In the past people have criticised this approach stating that it is too much effort but frankly every single RGL since season 2 has been plagued by the problem of double reggers so putting a little more time an effort in to construct watertight format is in the best interests of the organisers and the regiments.

The second point regarding people being in two regiments, one casual and one competitive, is virtually impossible to prevent. One can only manage the members that are in the RGL but there is no way of finding out what other regiments they are in if they really want that to remain hidden. A policy like that which the EIC introduced where no double regging of any form was allowed could be a start but it was hard to enforce then and it will be hard to enforce now.

Also, for once, can the organisers set up a criteria for accepting regiments rather than just going with whoever signs up. It is better to have a smaller roster of participating regiments who you know will stay till the end than have a larger roster which is half empty by the end of the season due to unstable regiments dropping.

Sums it up perfectly. I've already mentioned such a system a while ago, the point is that it will a lot effort and I'm not sure whether it will be efficient since once you're whitelisted you're able to play for other regiments. Sure you could check the logs but as i said, this will take a big amount of time.
Tier Legendary Elite ++
97p Lone : By himself he's a very good duo. So he deserve a spot of his own.

Offline Hertz

• Major
  • Fuck Off
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nock is my bitch
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2017, 02:39:34 pm »
I agree with Bob. There are some people who are in a Competitive regiment and also a casual regiment. But barely attend the Competitive regiments event, therefore kinda only mercing for them. I feel that members should 1. only be allowed to play for 1 team per season. But also only be in the competitive regiment. To avoid people attending only for RGL matches whilst playing for their casual regiment.

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2017, 02:45:57 pm »
With such a numerical decline in the community it now makes sense for regiments to submit a team roster with player GUIDs. The league should be divided up into 4-5 stages (a stage consisting of 2-3 matches). At the end of each stage there should be a 2-3 day period where all players that wish to join new teams can (this includes external players wishing to join teams that are in the tournament). These changes should be listed on a post at the end of each stage. Whitelist the servers so that anyone who has not complied with the policy will simply be banned. In the past people have criticised this approach stating that it is too much effort but frankly every single RGL since season 2 has been plagued by the problem of double reggers so putting a little more time an effort in to construct watertight format is in the best interests of the organisers and the regiments.

Sums it up perfectly. I've already mentioned such a system a while ago, the point is that it will a lot effort and I'm not sure whether it will be efficient since once you're whitelisted you're able to play for other regiments. Sure you could check the logs but as i said, this will take a big amount of time.

Probs the final RGL, do it right this last time.

Ofc, if for example Bandej gets to play then so do you bud :-*