Author Topic: College Football Thread  (Read 60802 times)

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: College Football Thread
« Reply #285 on: September 29, 2019, 05:29:14 pm »
rutgers is the Kansas of the big 10.  granted kansas is actually getting better where rutgers is not. 

I don't blame NC going for 2.  Kinda of a shame that the teams that do that don't succeed more often.

Wis offense didn't look that good against NW.   I even caught part of the game where they were getting booed off the field.  If they can't run the ball well, they don't do well.

I didn't catch the ND game.  looked like a back and forth game for a while base on the occasional highlights.

i think OK state should be ranked.

i didn't catch either of washington games.  I too was surprised how close  the Ind vs MSU and A&M and Ark games were.

Iowa did look good vs Mid Tenn.  I am still not convinced about the Iowa Defense.  Granted it is hard to evaluate a typical bend by dont break defense that they run.  Young and injured secondary doesnt help.  Offense looks good, but they still lack a deep ball threat.  iowa lacks a speedy guy who can just blow by everyone.  Stanley generally isn't that accurate either at longer distances.(by a lot)   the back up QB actually has me excited for next year. 

Baylor vs ISU was pretty boring until the 4th quarter.  I think the heat really took a toll on ISUs defense in the 4th quarter.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline The Marksman

• Sergeant
  • Oh look, a blue moon
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Osama Bin Ballin
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #286 on: September 30, 2019, 01:09:39 am »
South Carolina is pissing me off. Can’t believe how bad they are.
If we lose to Kentucky FOR THE SIXTH TIME IN A ROW next week you might not hear from me again.

The curse is over, the streak of madness has been broken, a return to normalcy has commenced. USC beat Kentucky Hallelujah and praise be to jeebus. And even better we didnt look like total ass doing it.

I was about to cry when Clemson was able to pull through against UNC. I wanted to see them lose so bad. Especially after all of those orange fuckers were given us shit for losing to UNC on week 1. The irony would have been beautiful. Oh well.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #287 on: September 30, 2019, 07:39:44 am »
If we lose to Kentucky FOR THE SIXTH TIME IN A ROW next week you might not hear from me again.

The curse is over, the streak of madness has been broken, a return to normalcy has commenced. USC beat Kentucky Hallelujah and praise be to jeebus. And even better we didnt look like total ass doing it.

I was about to cry when Clemson was able to pull through against UNC. I wanted to see them lose so bad. Especially after all of those orange fuckers were given us shit for losing to UNC on week 1. The irony would have been beautiful. Oh well.
Blame Mack Brown for being a dumbass and choosing a bad play

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #288 on: September 30, 2019, 07:15:11 pm »

Blame Mack Brown for being a dumbass and choosing a bad play

Blame Mack Brown for it being that close of a game in the first place
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 30, 2019, 07:25:06 pm »
that 2 point conversion play was pretty bad.  surely they had another play that would of had a higher chance of success.

on a side note, i thought maryland would of been better this year.  the last 3 years(twice against texas) they had  a good opener, then just got worse as the year goes on.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 30, 2019, 09:23:20 pm »
Mack made a good call going for the 2pt conversion, just a bad play they ran.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #291 on: September 30, 2019, 10:19:12 pm »
Chances are they'd lose in overtime to Clemson anyways so I applaud it. "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take -Wayne Gretsky" -Michael Scott
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 03, 2019, 08:38:16 pm »
good games this weekend:

Auburn at Florida
Iowa at Michigan
Ok State at Texas Tech
Texas at WV
Cal at Oregon
Maybe a Michigan State upset over Ohio State???

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 04, 2019, 06:10:59 am »
Yea, those are some good games for this weekend.  IDK about MSU vs OSU.  if OSU plays anything like they did against Neb, idk if they have a chance.  TCU vs ISU could be a good game.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #294 on: October 04, 2019, 06:25:55 am »
I going with an upset and choosing Florida to win be 3 against Auburn.

Offline The Marksman

• Sergeant
  • Oh look, a blue moon
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Osama Bin Ballin
« Reply #295 on: October 04, 2019, 07:36:32 pm »
SC has a bye week so Im a lost soul this weekend. Guess Ill sit around and watch teams I dont like lose.

Auburn has been riding high recently so I think they could go into Gainesville and get an L. I think Auburn matches up well against them and I think theyre the better team but I think Florida always wins a big game every year so this might be it. As much as Id like to see Florida lose.

Tennessee and Georgia also play so thats a win for me regardless of who loses. (probably Tennessee)

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 05, 2019, 09:53:27 pm »
those penalties and turnovers killed Iowa

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 06, 2019, 06:02:09 am »
Iowa is it's own worst enemy.  Been that way as far as a i remember.  They can have the team to compete against some of the best, but then they just find a way to self destruct.  It is what keeps us from competing in Big 10 titles or winning big bowl games like the rose bowl.   IDK of any other teams that are like this for as long as this, so i can only blame the coach.  We did more to hurt ourselves than MI did on several drives.  TBH, MI didn't look that good either.  For as bad as Iowa was, they only managed to get 10 points.  All in the first quarter.  A few of those turn overs were more down to bad luck while MI got lucky with a few of their mistakes.(like their fumble on a punt return) their 3rd down defense was awful.  Now, i would not be surprised if Iowa somehow managed to beat Penn state(i think it is a night game at iowa)

ISU won against TCU in a pretty convincing manner from what i saw.(they pulled the game off TV in the 2nd half...)

Sadly, i was busy the rest of the day, so i missed all the other games.  AU vs FL looked to be pretty good, as was TX vs WV.   I haven't seen any other scores so idk who all won today. 

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 06, 2019, 06:59:37 am »
Iowa is it's own worst enemy.  Been that way as far as a i remember.  They can have the team to compete against some of the best, but then they just find a way to self destruct.  It is what keeps us from competing in Big 10 titles or winning big bowl games like the rose bowl.   IDK of any other teams that are like this for as long as this, so i can only blame the coach.  We did more to hurt ourselves than MI did on several drives.  TBH, MI didn't look that good either.  For as bad as Iowa was, they only managed to get 10 points.  All in the first quarter.  A few of those turn overs were more down to bad luck while MI got lucky with a few of their mistakes.(like their fumble on a punt return) their 3rd down defense was awful.  Now, i would not be surprised if Iowa somehow managed to beat Penn state(i think it is a night game at iowa)

ISU won against TCU in a pretty convincing manner from what i saw.(they pulled the game off TV in the 2nd half...)

Sadly, i was busy the rest of the day, so i missed all the other games.  AU vs FL looked to be pretty good, as was TX vs WV.   I haven't seen any other scores so idk who all won today.

yeah. Sounds a bit like Texas, we tend to choke and throw games a lot. I agree that Michigan didn't look as good either. I think they have been falling off tbh.

pretty much every other game was expected. Baylor is actually undefeated right now. They have had some narrow wins but look pretty solid.
Michigan State was hanging in there for a bit against Ohio State.
Florida, Auburn game was pretty good. Bo Nix just looked nervous and was off. I think that's what a D1 school crowd will do to you. Florida did good.
Texas started slow but we finally started making some good plays and got 4 picks. we essentially won by 18, they got a last minute touchdown.
ISU is always not too bad and can do pretty well, kinda like OK State (which somehow got destroyed by Texas Tech today).

Stanford upset Washington too
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 08:37:11 am by Risk_ »

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #299 on: October 06, 2019, 09:43:44 am »
Texas got lucky that kid decided to toss them the ball every possession. They could’ve lost that game.

Being a Miami fan fucking sucks. Worst team we’ve had in years. Tate Martell transfers here and we use him as a receiver... Perry looked decent during the comeback tho.

My boy started at qb for Rutgers today. Same result as usual sadly.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.