Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 525163 times)

Norwegian13

Re: The General Political Thread
« Reply #5085 on: December 20, 2019, 11:36:44 pm »

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5086 on: December 21, 2019, 04:35:09 pm »
Can't believe the official account posted that. That's hilarious.

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nick:Nick:Nick:Nick:
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #5087 on: December 21, 2019, 04:48:08 pm »
the sound of get brexit done is music to my ears as it is

Offline Smylie

• Captain
  • Cool Kid
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Smylie
« Reply #5088 on: December 21, 2019, 05:40:41 pm »
All political parties are wank, might aswell just kill ourselves and get out of this shitty world anyway

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nick:Nick:Nick:Nick:
« Reply #5089 on: December 21, 2019, 05:57:37 pm »
All political parties are wank, might aswell just kill ourselves and get out of this shitty world anyway

dont be that person, and definitly don't be that person on a 'political thread'.

Offline Smylie

• Captain
  • Cool Kid
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Smylie
« Reply #5090 on: December 22, 2019, 10:58:57 am »

dont be that person, and definitly don't be that person on a 'political thread'.

I just feel as if the majority of parties apart from maybe the tories, labour and the lib dems have no clue what they would do in power once they do that one goal that is the forefront of their parties ideas e.g. i like greens politics on climate change but absolutely nothing else really. Then out of those 3 parties left, labours is fucking stupid atm and it’s kinda a train reck, lib dems are retards who want another vote and the tories would kill their kids if they could keep in power oh and I quite like the wealth fare state so.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5091 on: December 22, 2019, 01:46:00 pm »
If you like welfare you vote labour d00d also Corbyn said he won't be taking labour into the next election so they will probably go for someone more moderate next.

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #5092 on: December 24, 2019, 06:03:28 pm »
No. Corbyn and his Marxist followers are voting in the same far left winged zealot candidate to replace corbyn. It will be years before labour is dignified again.

Offline Gi

• General
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
« Reply #5093 on: December 24, 2019, 07:27:41 pm »
If you like welfare you vote labour d00d also Corbyn said he won't be taking labour into the next election so they will probably go for someone more moderate next.
All of our parties are in varying levels in favour of the welfare state, as it would be political suicide not to be. And in regards to the next leader being moderate, considering the party has been highjacked by momentum, that's a doubt.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5094 on: December 26, 2019, 02:32:20 am »
Generally speaking right-wing parties love to cut welfare as much as public opinion allows.
But conservatives are a centre-right party you might say and I would probably agree, but from what I've seen heard and read about Boris Johnson he is not.
He's even gone so far as to call poor people "losers".
https://www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-said-britain-poorest-chavs-losers-criminals-addicts-burglars-2019-11?r=US&IR=T

This article also explains how life as a poor person have gotten significantly harder under conservative leadership.
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/jul/29/uk-deep-poverty-study-austerity

Now I don't believe Johnson will demolish the welfare system entierly or anything extreme like that but I think he'll continue making life harder for the poor & benefit the rich.

Semi related Boris + conservatives do get donations from the rich & even billionaries in some instances.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/faces-super-rich-tory-donors-20938206
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/05/tory-leadership-donations-whos-really-backing-boris-johnson

(Now I'll admit I've been biased while looking this stuff up by not also looking into Corbyn and Labour or fact check much of this.)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 02:48:39 am by Furrnox »

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5095 on: January 03, 2020, 04:54:52 am »
gear up boys were going to war

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • #Hawince2018 #ImWithHawkince #🅱awkince2018
    • View Profile
  • Nick: lebornjames2007mikaljordan
« Reply #5096 on: January 03, 2020, 05:04:31 am »
gear up boys were going to war

delete ur fucking signature

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
  • Side: Union
« Reply #5097 on: January 07, 2020, 04:34:46 pm »
I think it's safe to say that we lost. It's over.

We tried. We really did, but at the end of the day, bureaucrats and not people determine how the world is run. Australia is just the beginning. When Trump wins and the UK falls apart, that will be the final blow to civilization as we know it. Humanity raped the world and now it is going to rape us back. This is merely the great filter in action; a species rendered helpless in the face of their own mortality. Another evolutionary flunk tossed into the garbage bin of cosmic history.

Skaen

« Reply #5098 on: January 07, 2020, 05:00:41 pm »
You think WW3 will take its place soon? With all the tension now growing between the US and Iran.. Because if they go to war, Russia might join in as well. And when Russia joins in the war, the NATO will follow most likely too. As well as all the nations allies. I am not much of a politics person, so forgive me if I talk bullshit. It is just that this subject worries me.

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #5099 on: January 07, 2020, 06:10:59 pm »
You think WW3 will take its place soon? With all the tension now growing between the US and Iran.. Because if they go to war, Russia might join in as well. And when Russia joins in the war, the NATO will follow most likely too. As well as all the nations allies. I am not much of a politics person, so forgive me if I talk bullshit. It is just that this subject worries me.
No