Author Topic: Developer Blog 18 - Napoleonic Wars Patch 1.104  (Read 77751 times)

Offline The Norseman

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Kpl_TheNorseman
  • Side: Union
Re: Developer Blog 18 - Napoleonic Wars Patch 1.103
« Reply #120 on: July 25, 2013, 10:39:47 pm »
I dont know if this is just because I have been on vacation, but the melee seems like absolute shit. I just hope they havent fucked up again making the melee easier. Game also crashes A LOT. Please fix that. Anyone else feel like they made the melee even shittier than it was? I mean at first before any patches it was great. Then it became ok, and then gradually developed to absolute shit.
The Norseman is my name in my name.

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

Offline Burakkuada

• First Lieutenant
  • Vince - Unban Tavington.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 17e_WookieeBurak
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #121 on: July 25, 2013, 10:48:09 pm »
I dont know if this is just because I have been on vacation, but the melee seems like absolute shit. I just hope they havent fucked up again making the melee easier. Game also crashes A LOT. Please fix that. Anyone else feel like they made the melee even shittier than it was? I mean at first before any patches it was great. Then it became ok, and then gradually developed to absolute shit.
Maybe you're just getting crappier at melee? ;)

When Vince gets back he'll probably help speed up the bug fixes ::)

Spoiler
Just kiddin' Chris! Luv u bby :-*
[close]

Offline The Norseman

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 25, 2013, 10:54:22 pm »
Well Ive spoken to like 10 other people and they all say the melee is slower. Make it faster please, dont ruin the game again.

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #123 on: July 25, 2013, 10:57:49 pm »
Well Ive spoken to like 10 other people and they all say the melee is slower. Make it faster please, dont ruin the game again.

Trust me, it is. I think it sucks even more now. I wish they'd just revert it to what it was before they changed it the first time.

Offline The Norseman

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 25, 2013, 11:05:27 pm »
Yeah I agree. They make the melee worse and worse every patch.

Offline Onii

• Donator
  • Your friendly neighbourhood Dane
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #125 on: July 25, 2013, 11:18:54 pm »
I sucked at melee already so haven't noticed anything ::)

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #126 on: July 25, 2013, 11:20:30 pm »
Melee is okay. Not much worse than before. I personally experienced much fewer pokes. But my ping has somehow increased on nearly all servers.

Offline Fallout

• First Lieutenant
  • Been playing this game for too damn long ;~;
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [2teGarde]Fallout
« Reply #127 on: July 25, 2013, 11:22:38 pm »
Guys I had a talk with Vincenzo about the melee over steam and he states that nothing was officially done to change anything.  Although I do believe that due to all the balancing changes that the melee was unintentionally affected. Or you can go conspiracy theory on it and say that Vincenzo is doing what he wants to the melee like last year and is staying away from publicly announcing it to stray away from bad rep.

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #128 on: July 25, 2013, 11:25:45 pm »
Would be nice if we could get a detailed changelog about what was actually changed (regarding the stats of Units, movement speed, turning speed, etc).

Offline dooomninja

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1brig_95th_Maj_dooomninja
« Reply #129 on: July 25, 2013, 11:58:11 pm »
having looked though both change logs the only thing i can see (remember there was a warband patch too) is in the taleworld one

-Reduced cap on turn speed in multiplayer.

do you think this may have had the effect on melee?

also this is taleworld side to don't moan at FSE about it
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 12:13:07 am by dooomninja »
ಠ_ರೃ Quite!
2 most satisfying shots- a rider off a moving horse and officers who think they are safe :b

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #130 on: July 26, 2013, 12:08:51 am »
having looked though both change logs the only thing i can see (remember there was a warband patch too) is in t+he t+aleworl one

-Reduced cap on turn speed in multiplayer.

do you think this may have had the effect on melee?

also this is taleworld side to don't mane at FSE about it

Actually, I think this is possible. NW and Native seem to share similar base files, according to my friend.

Offline Crayon

• Sergeant
  • Major_Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 26, 2013, 12:51:54 am »
Commander battles seem to be buggered. There are only a handful of servers now and they are empty, pre-patch there were plenty of busy CB servers. I even checked to see if there were lots still running the old patch but no, there aren't.

I feel something has buggered them and so they are not working properly.
A Major Bastard

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 26, 2013, 01:12:39 am »

When will you people learn, melee combat in Warband in general is a turd due to the engine. No matter how many times you will polish the thing it'll still be a shiny piece of poop and not the thing you ever thought it was.

This community will complain about the melee no matter what change is done because they have unreasonably high expectations and the biggest pair of rose tinted glasses ever.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #133 on: July 26, 2013, 01:46:55 am »
New Features
- Added the following new British units; Sailor, Marine and Post Captain.
- Added the following new British units; First Kings German Legion Hussars.
- Added the following new French units; Sailor, Marine and Post Captain.
- Added the following new French units; 2nd Kronprinz Bavarian Infantry.
- Added pirate voices for the British sailors.
- Added a new big Frigate ship scene prop.
- Added a new sailable Sloop.
- Added a new sailable Rowboat.
- Added a new sailable Rowboat with 1 mast.
- Added a new sailable Rowboat with 2 masts.
- Added a new sailable Cannonboat (Can not fire)
- Added a new sailable Rocketboat (Can not fire)
- Added a lot of exciting new maps and map fixes.

New Maps
Battle
- Ambush
- Saint’s Isle
- Forest Palisade
- Sjotofta
- Naval Battle

Siege
- Fort al Hafya
- Fort de Chartres
- Citadelle Napoleon (Naval)
- Charge to the Rhine
- Siege of Toulon (Naval)
- Fort George
- Fort Bashir
- Fort Nylas
- Fort Brochet

General Changes
- When a unit dies that carries a shovel in his backpack, it will always be dropped on the floor so people can pick it up and use it to remove earthworks that might be in the way.
- When a unit dies that carries a Ramrod in his backpack, it will always be dropped on the floor so people can pick it up and use it.
- Added a extra caption to Internal Admin chat, so you can tell them apart.

Balance Changes
- Reduced the length of the cavalry swords a bit, they had ghostly long range.
- Made all artillery less accurate on long range to balance the powerfull destruction force.
- Reduced the range an explosion would have by 30%, to balance the extremely powerful howitzers and mortars.
- Made cannonballs lose more force on ground hit and bounce less to make them less unstoppable.
- Made pistols some more accurate, it will now really hit within the player visible circle, to balance them, the reload is now slightly slower though.
- Decreased the damage the rifle in melee would inflict, they were more powerful than most real melee weapons
- Increased the Rifle Melee swing animation speed.
- Reduced the health of all medium and heavy horses to balance their classes.
- Made the armor points of the british cavalry helmets to be on par with other factions helmets.
- Removed the blunderbuss from the selection for russian dragoon cavalry they were too powerfull for that class.
- Boats respawn much faster now.
- Changed several maps to make them more balanced.

Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug with some rocks uses in maps that were not having a collision mesh which allowed people to hide in.
- Fixed all collision meshes for trees, should now not block bullets on wrong places, and some trees were walk through, now not anymore.
- Fixed collision mesh for the sandbags which will now block bullets on the right places and not in thin air.
- Fixed collision mesh of the couch so it won't block bullets in thin air.
- Fixed that when you switch your weapon to melee you would walk slower.
- Fixed all cases that some ranks and some units were running faster or slower than others.
- Fixed several bugged collision meshes.
- Fixed several bugs on maps.
- Fixed a bug in the admin panel that it sometimes selected the wrong player, or does not work at all when clicking a player.
- Fixed a bug that allowed the prussian guard drummer to ride horses.
- Fixed a glitch that allowed you to teleport into a building by playing a piano from it’s backside.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed you to play two tunes at once as a musician.
- Fixed a bug in siege that some doors are reversed, can be walked through when closed and so on.
- ze_treasure prop will now always give out pirate hats to the user.
- Fixed a bug that spawned birds randomly on all custom maps.

This is the exact changelog. We did not change a single thing that is not on that list.
We are working on fixing the crashes, but unless people update their Servers, there is nothing we can do for now. We are all at holidays at the moment, meaning that we can not properly test it. At the moment we think that the bugs and crashes are caused due to the bugged Server Files which we fixed today. If this is not the problem, (will see that in a day or two, when everyone updated their Servers) keep in mind that it might still take about a week to fix (due to us being on holidays)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 01:48:50 am by Olafson »

Offline The Norseman

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 26, 2013, 01:55:31 am »

When will you people learn, melee combat in Warband in general is a turd due to the engine. No matter how many times you will polish the thing it'll still be a shiny piece of poop and not the thing you ever thought it was.

This community will complain about the melee no matter what change is done because they have unreasonably high expectations and the biggest pair of rose tinted glasses ever.

You dont know what I am talking about.

When they first released NW the melee was perfect, then they made it worse. If they could make the melee just a tad bit faster I think everyone would be happy.