Author Topic: WC 2018 Predictions  (Read 47703 times)

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: WC 2018 Predictions - Semi Finals
« Reply #480 on: July 11, 2018, 11:55:07 pm »
Looking back on it that was a very dirty game from Croatia and they got away with it due to poor refereeing. Lovren didn't even get so much as a yellow, and I think it was probably their game plan to go for the man rather than the ball when it came to Stirling and Lingard as they couldn't match the pace. Certainly wasn't stolen like in '86 but I think it's yet another case where England have come off the worse from the decisions and more than a bit unlucky in the missed chances. Damn.

I usually back the underdogs but I can't support Croatia in the final because of the dirty play. Also can't help thinking we'd have won with a British rather than an English team-someone like Bale would have knocked a few of those chances in.

Offline Guanchito

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 11, 2018, 11:56:59 pm »
Looking back on it that was a very dirty game from Croatia and they got away with it due to poor refereeing. Lovren didn't even get so much as a yellow, and I think it was probably their game plan to go for the man rather than the ball when it came to Stirling and Lingard as they couldn't match the pace. Certainly wasn't stolen like in '86 but I think it's yet another case where England have come off the worse from the decisions and more than a bit unlucky in the missed chances. Damn.

I usually back the underdogs but I can't support Croatia in the final because of the dirty play. Also can't help thinking we'd have won with a British rather than an English team-someone like Bale would have knocked a few of those chances in.

I think u meant '66

Offline Adam_Reid

• Sergeant Major
  • Top Scot | Super Salty Scot
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Top Scot
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #482 on: July 12, 2018, 12:13:09 am »

Offline Gi

• General
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
« Reply #483 on: July 12, 2018, 12:16:29 am »
Brexit means Brexit

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 12, 2018, 12:31:36 am »
Muh Gibraltar vote!!

Offline Lone

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 12, 2018, 12:39:19 am »
Is it coming home?
Tier Legendary Elite ++
97p Lone : By himself he's a very good duo. So he deserve a spot of his own.

Offline Jelly

• Colonel
  • Formerly of 1stKDG, 60th, 1erChas, K-KA
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 12, 2018, 01:14:46 am »
Credit to Croatia, they outplayed us in the second half and for most of extra time. Future is bright for an inexperienced squad and an inexperienced manager, just hope that Alli  doesn't set foot near the First XI again if he's going to play like that. Regarding the ref, a few questionable decisions and reluctance to book some Croatians, but hardly game changing decisions which did little to prevent England scoring. Bring on the Euros.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 12, 2018, 08:41:58 am »
Bring on the Euros.

Brexit means Brexit

Sorry bud no Euros for you.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 12, 2018, 08:48:36 am »

Lol bud england was underdog here. Croatia is just a better team that is why they won. There is no shame losing against them, no need to blame referee.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #489 on: July 12, 2018, 09:32:14 am »
Can finally post again.

Kane was dropping too deep which was all well and good when Sterling was making runs against their back four but when Rashford came on we just ran out of ideas.

Also why support both France and Juventus when you’re from Belgium?

Offline Adam_Reid

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 12, 2018, 12:54:56 pm »
Can finally post again.

Kane was dropping too deep which was all well and good when Sterling was making runs against their back four but when Rashford came on we just ran out of ideas.

Also why support both France and Juventus when you’re from Belgium?

Meeeeeehhhh England lost.... Meeeeehhhhhh its not coming home...... Mehhhhhh

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #491 on: July 12, 2018, 01:13:52 pm »
la blague est sur toi je vis a paris

Offline Adam_Reid

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 12, 2018, 01:47:06 pm »
la blague est sur toi je vis a paris

Ne dolazi kući

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 12, 2018, 02:10:28 pm »

Lol bud england was underdog here. Croatia is just a better team that is why they won. There is no shame losing against them, no need to blame referee.

Disagree. Croatia were playing dirty because they had to against an England team that were much faster than they were. How many times were Sterling and Lingard brought down after running past a Croatian defender? If the ref is reluctant to give cards then that's a tactic that can work. We played poor in the second half, didn't capitalise on all our opportunities in the first which is what mostly cost us the match. But it was still tight and the poor refereeing tipped it in their favour.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 12, 2018, 03:11:19 pm »

Disagree. Croatia were playing dirty because they had to against an England team that were much faster than they were. How many times were Sterling and Lingard brought down after running past a Croatian defender? If the ref is reluctant to give cards then that's a tactic that can work. We played poor in the second half, didn't capitalise on all our opportunities in the first which is what mostly cost us the match. But it was still tight and the poor refereeing tipped it in their favour.
There were a couple of moments where the ref made some questionable decisions, but it was in no way a deciding factor in the match. The croats played better from the 2nd half on, and that is why they won.