Author Topic: ♞ Napoleonic Wars Cavalry Nations Cup 2016 ♞ United Kingdom 2016 Champions !  (Read 94992 times)

Offline Piccolomini

• Sergeant Major
  • Italian Captain in 2015, 2016 Cavalry Nations Cups
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Xa_Div_Lupi_Cpl_Piccolomini
  • Side: Neutral
Re: ♞ Napoleonic Wars Cavalry Nations Cup 2016 ♞
« Reply #375 on: April 03, 2016, 11:22:14 pm »
Wow those must have been some nice matches to watch!
Poor Germany they bragged about their friendly but lost (don't be offended :P), at least Italy can claim 2/2 victories in official matches against Belgium/Benelux.  ::)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 11:31:22 pm by Piccolomini »
That come-back from Italy was indeed amazing, never seen such a thing in 3 years+ of playing. "You did what was impossible", General Hollidt wasn't lying about the italian horsemen.

Offline Paulin

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1roCR_Cor_Paulin
« Reply #376 on: April 06, 2016, 02:03:17 am »

- Matchday n°4 -

Group A :

Free Week

Group B :

Free Week

Captains are asked to announce their matches' dates as following:

Spoiler
Match:
Date & Hour:
Maximum number of players (8, 10 or 12):
[close]

They will be given a server and referee by the organizers once this is done.

The media announcement will be posted as soon as possible. We still did not find the time to make the interviews and everything. Sorry about the delay.
In the meantime, here's the scoreboard so far.

Group A

Position:

Nation:

Germanic Countries
Spain
Benelux
Russia & Ukraine
Turkey
Matches Played:

Rounds Won:

Rounds Lost:

Group B

Position:

Nation:

United Kingdom
France
Italy
Poland
Czech Republic & Slovakia
Matches Played:

Rounds Won:

Rounds Lost:

Correct as of match day No. 3
By. Glenn

« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 02:07:33 am by Paulin »

Offline Comrade_Caucasian

• Second Lieutenant
  • Warden of your nightmare
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_CvlVt_Caucasian
« Reply #377 on: April 06, 2016, 06:59:33 pm »
Match: Turkey vs Russia
Date & Hour: Sunday , 7:00pm GMT
Maximum number of players (8, 10 or 12): 8

Smells like historic.

Offline Patrykus

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 14pk_Darth_Patrykus
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #378 on: April 06, 2016, 09:32:19 pm »
Match: Poland vs Italy
Date & Hour: Saturday , 21.00 CET
Maximum number of players (8, 10 or 12): 8 (more when both sides bring more players).

Offline Piccolomini

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 07, 2016, 12:05:28 am »
Match: Poland vs Italy
Date & Hour: Saturday , 21.00 CET
Maximum number of players (8, 10 or 12): 8 (more when both sides bring more players).
We finally meet again after two years  :P
That come-back from Italy was indeed amazing, never seen such a thing in 3 years+ of playing. "You did what was impossible", General Hollidt wasn't lying about the italian horsemen.

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Erik
« Reply #380 on: April 07, 2016, 02:17:16 am »

- Matches Reviews -

France vs Italy
A match between the reigning champions and the newly heavy cavalry'd Italian team. This could only be an interesting match, and it sure was. The French did quite a few mistakes, which the Italians always managed to make them pay for. However, the French managed to fix everything that was not working right, and finally ended up winning the match by 8 points to 2. The current champions should now know what they have to work on in order to correct those mistakes before their next matches.
[close]
Spain vs Turkey
This match confirmed the strong way the Spanish team currently is on. Absolutely no mistake was made against the Turkish side, which tried a new tactic in order to beat the Spaniards. Although it did put them in tough situations quite a few times, it did not manage to bring Spain down, and the match was won by the Spanish cuirassiers 8-0. Two very big matches now await the Spanish team, and the confidence they have gained from this victory will be needed for sure. Turkey will now face Russia & Ukraine. A match, that, as Caucasian had said in his interview, the Turks are really looking forward to playing and winning.
[close]

United Kingdom vs Poland
This was probably one of the closest match resulting in such a score. The very well organized Polish team, using its usual circle heavy cavalry tactic, did manage to hurt the United Kingdom many times, sometimes bringing them down to 3 or 4 men against 6 or 7. However, the Brits did not get carried away, and thanks to a very effective association of great teamplay and excellent individual skills, they finally won every rounds against the Poles. 8-0 for Britain, a result that even France did not manage to reach. Surely this brings some hype up before the clash between France and the United Kingdom, in one week. A match that will decide of a lot of things, in this Cavalry Nations Cup.
[close]
Benelux vs Germanic Countries
Despite some regrettable events that brought some tensions about this match, it was, to many, one of the most interesting and intense match played so far in the Cavalry Nations Cup. Very very close at first, with nor the Germanic nor the Benelux players giving their opponents any chance, after 8 or so rounds played in total, it is Benelux that finally took advantage over the Germanic Countries. Winning rounds with swift attacks and great skills, they managed to bring the Germanic team down, and although the rounds were still quite close, Benelux always managed to win at the end of them. Final score: 8-4, in favour of Benelux. A huge win for the dutch and belgian players, which makes group A very very close and tense about who will get qualified. The Germanic Countires now have no choice but to win against Spain if they want to have a chance to reach the semi-finals, and Benelux surely will be trying to keep everything up against the Spaniards, to secure their spot in the next stage.
[close]

- Interviews -

This week's interviewed captains are Piccolomini and Traeeseron.

Piccolomini, captain of Italy:

Spoiler
Q. Your team is one of the 'veteran' teams of the Cavalry Nations Cup, it has always taken part with great motivation in the past. Do you feel the same motivation and dedication in this year's Italian team ?

Piccolomini: I believe our players are not veterans this year. The Italian team has changed a lot compared to two years ago, most of the old Lupi players are not present. I still think the players are showing a great motivation, although some of them are begginers, but even with that fact we try out best.

Q. You were in the first Italian team in 2014 as a player, then became the captain in 2015 and you still captain the team this year. What would you say your very best Cavalry Nations Cup memory would be ?

Piccolomini: Definitely last year: the match against Turkey. It was the opening match of the CNC, and we were losing 7-2 against the Turks. I told my men "Do you really think we are going to lose this match?", and we started fighting our very best, not losing anymore round. We managed to come back to 7-7, and finally won the match 8-7. It was not easy at all, nothing was taken for granted. After the match the whole team and myself were very proud, it was a great success.

Q. Your next match is against Poland, which is the other heavy cavalry team of your group. How do you feel about this upcoming challenge and how did you prepare your team to it ?

Piccolomini: First of all, it'll be a very interesting match, because it's gonna be the only heavy vs heavy match in this CNC. I have prepared my team by showing them how to fight in group. Our previous matches against hussars were difficult, because they knew how to face us. Against cuirassiers it should be better. We had a friendly match against Poland, which we have lost 8-4 if I recall well. I am confident, and we will really be trying to win that match, we'd really like to.

Q. This year you have decided of a big change for the Italian team, by going heavy cavalry instead of hussars. What were the reasons of this choice ? Would you say you enjoy the event more as heavy cavalry ?

Piccolomini: The first reason is that our players are mostly new recruits, it's not like we have a team full of experienced hussars like last years. Having that many new players, we could learn heavy cavalry more easily. Second reason is that we believe that cuirassiers have an advantage against hussars, thanks to the longer swords. It's a difficult challenge though, because when playing as heavy cavalry, if you start winning it can become very easy thanks to the number advantage, but on the other hand if you start losing you can go down very fast, you have to be very careful. As cuirassiers we stick together more, we feel more like a team, we have a more passionate teamwork, so I think this new gameplay and teamplay setup makes us see the event differently. I'm originally a hussar player, but I really enjoy playing as both units.

Q. What comment would you give about the teams in your group ?

Piccolomini: It was a very difficult group, with very experienced teams: France, and the UK which has improved a lot, and as heavies it wasn't easy. We think we've improved between our first match against the United Kingdom and our second against France. I remember some British players telling me they were scared of us because they had won a very tense friendly match against us last year, but it turned out they played very well against us. France was more confident, and we did a good job against them, we put up a good fight, and that gives me good hopes for the upcoming matches against Poland and the Czechs & Slovakians. I think our team becomes stronger match after match.
[close]

Traeeseron, captain of Spain:

Spoiler
Q. Your team has two very big matches coming, against Benelux and the Germanic Countries. Are you confident, and would you say your team is prepared for these challenges ?

Traeeseron: I can't say I'm confident about these matches. I know it will be really hard. But I think we are ready for the challenges, we have trained very hard for these matches. I don't know if we are going to get two victories in these two matches, but I'm sure we are gonna put up a very good fight anyway.

Q. Your team did not reach the final stage in 2014, and reached the semi-final in 2015, losing to the Germanic Countries then winning the bronze final, taking the third place. Would your say your team improves with the years, and what are your hopes for this year's edition ?

Traeeseron: Of course, we have been improving since the first edition. Now we have a better team, because we have new talented players associated with veterans. This year I would really like to reach the semi finals again, or even the final. But I know it's not gonna be easy at all, some very very strong teams will be in the way, like France, or the United Kingdom. But I think we have our chances, just as much as the other teams, and we'll do our best.

Q. You and Archer have been the only ones who have captained your countries' teams 3 times our of 3 Cavalry Nations Cups organized. What do you like the most about leading your country, and what would you say is the hardest thing about being the captain ?

Traeeseron: I don't care much about being a leader, I do care about achieving our aims. I like the feeling I have when we have done a good job, when I feel satisfied by the effort I've put in and the answer I get from the team. The hardest thing about being the captain is keeping the spirit and motivation of the team up and high during the whole competition, keeping the team alive.

Q. Have you made big changes in the roster with the years ? Would you say you miss anyone from the past two editions who is not here this year, and are you satisfied with the team you have gathered this year ?

Traeeseron: I've made many changes from the first edition to the second one. The first year we had some players from infantry, not experienced at all. I didn't know many Spanish cavalry players by then either. For the second edition we were all cavalry players, so that was a big change. But from the second one to the third one there were not many changes. The changes I've made are due to some of our old members being inactive or not playing the game anymore. The new additions to the team are motivated people, but not very experienced in this kind of tournaments. I'm quite satisfied with this year's team nonetheless. You asked me if I missed someone. Well, yes I do. I miss my vice-captain from last editions, TheWillyM4AK, who, even if he's in the roster, is very busy at the moment and we haven't seen him in a while now. I also miss Fabri, who is a close friend, but he is not active since long ago.

Q. We are quite used to seeing many Spanish players playing on the CavGF server all the time. How would you describe the team spirit within the members, and would you say everyone is as motivated as you are to go far in the tournament ?

Traeeseron: We have a really cool mood in the team, we all get along quite well. When some of us are going to the Cavalry Groupfighting server, they call the others to join them and gather on the same TeamSpeak, that's why you can see many Spaniards playing together at the same time. We all are motivated, or at least our most active players are, and they are about 70-80% of the team. Some of us have been close friends for many years ago, we've been playing together for much time, either Warband and many other games. We know each other very well and we know the play style of each one and how to play together, which is a big plus for us.
[close]
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 01:28:35 pm by Erik le Rouge »
Quote from: Treiz35
fuck erik
Quote from: Dokletian
fuck erik
Quote from: Sinjide
yeah fuck erik
Quote from: Aless
fuck erik
Quote from: Michnicki 1
fuck Erik
Quote from: Charles la Valette
i love erik
Quote from: TxM
fuck erik
Quote from: FreyrDS
fuck Erik
Quote from: Termito
fuck erik.
Quote from: Ciiges
fuck erik
Quote from: Remao
fuck Erik

Offline Jack

• First Lieutenant
  • Honneur et Fidélité
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 07, 2016, 08:53:16 am »
Nice job with the interviews, always a good read. :)
"For fangs I may have none but I have mind and it is sharper than any tooth."

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #382 on: April 07, 2016, 11:28:56 am »
Nice job with the interviews, always a good read. :)
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Piccolomini

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 07, 2016, 11:54:37 am »
Nice interviews.
For the organisers, there was a misunderstanding in our interview: it says we won the friendlies against UK and Poland, we we lost them xD

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #384 on: April 07, 2016, 12:11:12 pm »
Nice interviews.
For the organisers, there was a misunderstanding in our interview: it says we won the friendlies against UK and Poland, we we lost them xD

Shhh Picco, don't spoil the propaganda !
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Rhen

• Colonel
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 07, 2016, 12:34:24 pm »
Nice interviews.

Shhh Picco, don't spoil the propaganda !

You should correct the part where it says you haven't won. :P

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Erik
« Reply #386 on: April 07, 2016, 01:26:52 pm »
Nice interviews.

Ahhhhh fixed. I blame tiredness. Apologies to UK and Poland for the misunderstanding.

Thanks for the positive feedback about the rest, it really is appreciated :)
Quote from: Treiz35
fuck erik
Quote from: Dokletian
fuck erik
Quote from: Sinjide
yeah fuck erik
Quote from: Aless
fuck erik
Quote from: Michnicki 1
fuck Erik
Quote from: Charles la Valette
i love erik
Quote from: TxM
fuck erik
Quote from: FreyrDS
fuck Erik
Quote from: Termito
fuck erik.
Quote from: Ciiges
fuck erik
Quote from: Remao
fuck Erik

Offline Rastignac

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 07, 2016, 01:43:46 pm »
The interviews should have real pics of interviewed person next to the text instead of these hussars.

Offline Victorcin

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • SpainIsLife
« Reply #388 on: April 07, 2016, 01:59:00 pm »
Very good matches reviews and very interesting type of interview that are made  :D

PD: Long live traese as captain!,Hurrah! ;D
He visto lo bastante de una guerra para no desear volver a ver otra.

Offline Harford

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • salut
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 07, 2016, 02:02:47 pm »
The interviews should have real pics of interviewed person next to the text instead of these hussars.

exclusive photo of piccolomini (and tried to influence erik by tellin him "we beated uk and proland ez")
Former 2ndCSG_Pvt | 7th_Trp | 8e_Mchl | 17e_CplFo | 77y_Pfc | 5e_Brg | 91st_Pte
Currently IVe_7eCvl

tardet will you marry me
Yes