Author Topic: Event Ideas  (Read 51877 times)

Offline Witold

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Event Ideas
« Reply #660 on: March 13, 2023, 07:06:18 pm »
let's do a poll ?

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #661 on: March 13, 2023, 07:13:47 pm »
let's do a poll ?

I'm going to host the 2v2 sword bayo with Skitty, it's a fun competitive tournament and the last one was great, more details will follow soon

Offline Voluble123

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 13, 2023, 07:19:21 pm »
let's do a poll ?

I'm going to host the 2v2 sword bayo with Skitty, it's a fun competitive tournament and the last one was great, more details will follow soon
Shut the fuck up Fietta
h0w mush chug kud a chug chung chung if a chug chung kud chung chug?

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: March 13, 2023, 07:20:05 pm »
let's do a poll ?

Shut the fuck up Fietta

where have u been

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #664 on: March 13, 2023, 07:20:45 pm »
let's do a poll ?

Shut the fuck up Fietta

Offline Voluble123

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 13, 2023, 07:24:41 pm »
let's do a poll ?

Shut the fuck up Fietta

where have u been

At work, just got in!
h0w mush chug kud a chug chung chung if a chug chung kud chung chug?

Offline Nightwing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: March 23, 2023, 02:25:56 pm »
Heyho here I go with a weird idea for a gf 1 day tournament.

Some may remember Pythons or Blitzkriegs invitation tournaments. From what I heard and saw they were great fun (playing competetive, no stacks, with other people from the communtiy). Yet there was always a bit of drama who got and more importently didn't got invited. On the other side we have all seen the rookies/low-mid what ever tournaments. I'm a big fan of those aswell, sadly they also had a lot of drama (too strong players be accepted, strong players sneaking in etc) around them.
So how about there would be a tournament for the whole community, where everyone from top 1 to new (competetive) player can participate. All sign ups will be divided into 3 sections (top mid low, of course can be change/added still) where they get ranked into different "skill tiers". That way the organizers can put hopefully equivalent balanced teams together. The rest would probably be a normal gf tournament, sunday 8 gmt something v something and depending on signups group + knock out stage for each section on there own (so top vs top, mid vs mid and low vs low teams).

Let me know what you guys think about it, also who would maybe be interested to help out in organizing this thing. Commissar Badger already told me he would be interested in helping, probably more for the lower sections, yet I guess with all this ranking and handling players the more helping hands and heads we got, the better is will go  :D

David_Schrein

« Reply #667 on: March 23, 2023, 02:27:59 pm »

Some may remember Pythons or Blitzkriegs invitation tournaments. From what I heard and saw they were great fun (playing competetive, no stacks, with other people from the communtiy). Yet there was always a bit of drama who got and more importently didn't got invited. On the other side we have all seen the rookies/low-mid what ever tournaments. I'm a big fan of those aswell, sadly they also had a lot of drama (too strong players be accepted, strong players sneaking in etc) around them.
So how about there would be a tournament for the whole community, where everyone from top 1 to new (competetive) player can participate. All sign ups will be divided into 3 sections (top mid low, of course can be change/added still) where they get ranked into different "skill tiers". That way the organizers can put hopefully equivalent balanced teams together. The rest would probably be a normal gf tournament, sunday 8 gmt something v something and depending on signups group + knock out stage for each section on there own (so top vs top, mid vs mid and low vs low teams).

Let me know what you guys think about it, also who would maybe be interested to help out in organizing this thing. Commissar Badger already told me he would be interested in helping, probably more for the lower sections, yet I guess with all this ranking and handling players the more helping hands and heads we got, the better is will go  :D
People will always argue with the tier they get placed in or how another is rated. Good idea, but best bet is to just do a draft tournament with proper captains and good hosts for balance.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 23, 2023, 02:29:11 pm »

People will always argue with the tier they get placed in or how another is rated. Good idea, but best bet is to just do a draft tournament with proper captains and good hosts for balance.

So Nightwing do you mean just a tiered randomised tournament?

Offline Nightwing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 23, 2023, 02:41:57 pm »
Well this kinda is that, just that it is divided so lower player and top player have more fun in equal matches.

So Nightwing do you mean just a tiered randomised tournament?
Well yes. Main goal is to provid equal battles for all players, randomised tourny are fun aswell but in dividing the player base, hopfully more players have fun fighting in and against same skill based team.

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
« Reply #670 on: March 23, 2023, 02:58:56 pm »
So you have played all of three TRTs I’ve hosted and yet forgot that I originally brought this idea to community  >:(
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

David_Schrein

« Reply #671 on: March 23, 2023, 03:01:06 pm »
So you have played all of three TRTs I’ve hosted and yet forgot that I originally brought this idea to community  >:(
because your tournaments are really randomised right

Offline Nightwing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 23, 2023, 03:06:01 pm »
Ehm, I'm not planning to get the best team for an easy palmares  ???

No but seriously, it is  of course very simulare to any kind of random/draft tournament. With this tournament I just wanna make sure that you have the same experience as in previous Python/Blitzkrieg tournament as a top tier players while others can also enjoy a competitve tournament in their own "skill" league

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #673 on: March 23, 2023, 03:20:00 pm »
top tier players dont wanna play with low tier players tho

Online Desant

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 96y Dneprovskiy Polk | CCCP
« Reply #674 on: March 23, 2023, 03:21:04 pm »
top tier players dont wanna play with low tier players tho