Author Topic: 20th Regiment Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry (NA) *Recruiting*  (Read 803 times)

Offline bb2214

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: BB2214
  • Side: Union
The 20th Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry, also known as the "Harvard Regiment", was a regiment of infantry in the American Civil War. The regiment was so nicknamed because the officers of the 20th were young Harvard graduates. In addition some, but not all, the private soldiers had attended Harvard. The 20th was organized at Readville August 29 to September 4, 1861. After training they left Massachusetts for Washington, D. C., September 4. They would fight until the war's conclusion; being mustered out on July 16 and discharged July 28, 1865.

Rules are pretty basic don't troll, FOL, do anything not commanded, etc... for the most part we're a pretty relaxed reg just don't be stupid. We usually have at least a line of 9. I don't know why but some people will only join big regiments, as if they need to be any bigger :P. We're a very tight-knit group so if any problems rise up they're usually dealt with immediately. Big decisions will usually come to a vote, as I like to keep a democracy for the most part. Ranks? Show me and/or any of the officers that you can do good in line battles and you get promoted a lot quicker. Recruiting also helps your rank. The only thing that will hurt it is being stupid. Anyway if you're looking for a cool reg with a lot o' spirit then add BB2214 on steam!