Author Topic: A new league?  (Read 3223 times)

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: A new league?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2019, 12:42:17 am »
GF league when?

Offline DeadEye

• Second Lieutenant
  • Old Nr7 Oberst
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr7_DeadEye
  • Side: Union
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2019, 12:59:53 am »
we'll participate, we will not be able to compete against God tier regiments but oh well.

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2019, 01:01:04 am »
we'll participate, we will not be able to compete against God tier regiments but oh well.

Come to my Wednesday Line Only and get your competitive practice.  8) 8)

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2019, 02:45:53 am »
Honestly kinda what Jolly said but I am gonna go a step farther.  Wait until late April early May.  People are focused on college and school so it makes more sense when they have more free time to start up a league.  Any talk of making a league right after moraines league is going to be due to selfish reasons. 

An answer to Tardets point or an addon (at this point I dont care lol).  But using regiments records past a certain point to determine placement for a league may be something to consider.  In the past it has been up to the head organizers and moderators to determine where regiments go.  This is something that is tricky to do because making a league balanced and fair based off a few peoples viewpoints is kinda flawed from the beginning.  So for example: If league starts march 15th, starting on Feb 15th, regiments who have official 1v1s will start having there records looked at to see where they get placed.  Winning a match is equal to 5 points, each round that both regiments win counts as .5 points.  So for instance LG beats 42nd 9-1, LG gets 5 points for the win plus  .5 for each round they won.  In total they would get 9.5 points for that match.  On March 15th all the regiments would have there 1v1s tallied up for placement that way we have a fair way of seeing how close each regiment is to each other. 

Now this idea more than likely will be looked at and laughed at, which is cool, however I would like to point out placing all regiments into 1 league will do more to destroy whats left of the community than help it.  So yeah. My two cents.

PapaB
implying every regiment that keeps scores now doesnt just use their 1v1 record from 4 years ago
Regiments that were made in 2019: "yea check our record 76-4-7"

Offline PapaBean

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just in case I don’t see ya…
    • View Profile
  • Nick: We out
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2019, 05:27:23 am »
Honestly kinda what Jolly said but I am gonna go a step farther.  Wait until late April early May.  People are focused on college and school so it makes more sense when they have more free time to start up a league.  Any talk of making a league right after moraines league is going to be due to selfish reasons. 

An answer to Tardets point or an addon (at this point I dont care lol).  But using regiments records past a certain point to determine placement for a league may be something to consider.  In the past it has been up to the head organizers and moderators to determine where regiments go.  This is something that is tricky to do because making a league balanced and fair based off a few peoples viewpoints is kinda flawed from the beginning.  So for example: If league starts march 15th, starting on Feb 15th, regiments who have official 1v1s will start having there records looked at to see where they get placed.  Winning a match is equal to 5 points, each round that both regiments win counts as .5 points.  So for instance LG beats 42nd 9-1, LG gets 5 points for the win plus  .5 for each round they won.  In total they would get 9.5 points for that match.  On March 15th all the regiments would have there 1v1s tallied up for placement that way we have a fair way of seeing how close each regiment is to each other. 

Now this idea more than likely will be looked at and laughed at, which is cool, however I would like to point out placing all regiments into 1 league will do more to destroy whats left of the community than help it.  So yeah. My two cents.

PapaB
implying every regiment that keeps scores now doesnt just use their 1v1 record from 4 years ago
Regiments that were made in 2019: "yea check our record 76-4-7"

I said for about a month there records would be tracked.

Offline Cytiuz

• Captain
  • 25y till I die
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2019, 07:48:42 am »
To be honest with the regiments like mine and others popping up I think we should just wait a little bit till maybe the summer and see if NANWL is gonna be hosted by someone or if not we can have another 1v1 league hosted. There are more competitive regiments than we think. There are two very high skilled regiments in the NW community which is 42nd and LG, but we have no idea where NW will be near or in the summer. If we wait to host a league we should at least do it big and give it time for regiments like LG and 42nd to just die down a little since more we know in the end for the current state of NW they are going to dominate NA NW, also more regiments are slowly and surely forming so it can also spice up the competition a little bit if we give it time. Im sure small group fighting leagues can form but id rather see NANWL or a league that will get a known influx of regiments to participate in a competitive manor rather then getting stomped by super stacked regiments.

Offline PapaBean

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just in case I don’t see ya…
    • View Profile
  • Nick: We out
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2019, 06:24:45 pm »
To be honest with the regiments like mine and others popping up I think we should just wait a little bit till maybe the summer and see if NANWL is gonna be hosted by someone or if not we can have another 1v1 league hosted. There are more competitive regiments than we think. There are two very high skilled regiments in the NW community which is 42nd and LG, but we have no idea where NW will be near or in the summer. If we wait to host a league we should at least do it big and give it time for regiments like LG and 42nd to just die down a little since more we know in the end for the current state of NW they are going to dominate NA NW, also more regiments are slowly and surely forming so it can also spice up the competition a little bit if we give it time. Im sure small group fighting leagues can form but id rather see NANWL or a league that will get a known influx of regiments to participate in a competitive manor rather then getting stomped by super stacked regiments.

You are implying that several of these regiments exist.  Which sadly isnt the case.  This isnt season 6 of NANWL where we had 3 leagues. 

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2019, 06:30:00 pm »
1v1 leagues are dead. Groupfighting is more fun anyways.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2019, 08:58:52 pm »

GF is gay fam

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2019, 10:14:34 pm »
5v5 1v1 league
or like paintball 5v5
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2019, 09:57:09 am »
5v5 1v1 league
or like paintball 5v5
NW Paintball Mod was pretty lit

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2019, 08:17:20 pm »
5v5 1v1 league
or like paintball 5v5

can someone pls do paintball mod. it was fun. pretty sure the old one broke.

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2019, 10:48:00 pm »
5v5 1v1 league
or like paintball 5v5

it works but I forgot how many textures it's missing lmao
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Cytiuz

• Captain
  • 25y till I die
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2019, 11:36:01 pm »
5v5 1v1 league
or like paintball 5v5

it works but I forgot how many textures it's missing lmao
Chief, make it happen.

Offline Khenshaw

• Private
  • Khenshaw (Obviously)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Khenshaw
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2019, 05:49:37 am »
I'll participate in this probs won't get picked but whatevs
here is my steam https://steamcommunity.com/id/khenshaw/