Author Topic: NW Epic Enhancement [client-side overhaul mod] Version 5.1 Out! (Final Version)  (Read 649956 times)

Offline Parrot

• Donator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
  • Side: Neutral
You'll need openBRF to make changes to specific models in the module. If I remember correctly the files should be mmflora.brf, grass.brf, x_trees.brf, basically anything related to flora... there were also changes made to flora_kinds.txt.
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline Nico

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jones
  • Side: Union
Hi, is there a way to remove the randomized animations when standing still?

Offline TheHunted0

• First Lieutenant
  • 15thYR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TheHunted
  • Side: Confederacy
Hi, is there a way to remove the randomized animations when standing still?
I would like to see that.

Offline Tenford

• Donator
  • Bestu Spaniardu?
    • View Profile
  • Nick: König Tenford
  • Side: Confederacy
Awesome
1+1=7

Offline Ry1459

• Captain
  • Think about it TWICE.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ry1459
If only we could have a tap reloading animation from Sharpe in this  :(

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
No, please don't, unless you like to blow your face off. Tapping a loaded gun on the ground WILL result in the powder discharging and you blowing your face off.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Forest

• Second Lieutenant
  • God Bless America
    • View Profile
No, please don't, unless you like to blow your face off. Tapping a loaded gun on the ground WILL result in the powder discharging and you blowing your face off.

I mean I guess it could. I have never seen it, but I don't think it is very likely it would just discharge. You would need an adequate spark, and often times muskets misfire because the flint spark is not enough, so I don't see how tapping the butt of your musket on the ground could create enough friction within the barrel to ignite the powder.

Offline Ry1459

• Captain
  • Think about it TWICE.
    • View Profile

I mean I guess it could. I have never seen it, but I don't think it is very likely it would just discharge. You would need an adequate spark, and often times muskets misfire because the flint spark is not enough, so I don't see how tapping the butt of your musket on the ground could create enough friction within the barrel to ignite the powder.
If I may interject, I have found this video about this subject fairly interesting...
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 11:54:29 pm by Ry1459 »

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
I have indeed seen that video, I don't know how they do it, all I know is that some French reenactor tried to do the same and ended up blinding himself.

Offline Ry1459

• Captain
  • Think about it TWICE.
    • View Profile
I have indeed seen that video, I don't know how they do it, all I know is that some French reenactor tried to do the same and ended up blinding himself.
There is always that risk, though in the video, they must have done something right if they didn't blow their own heads off  :P

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
Well, it could be the French guy had a weak hammer and it suddently struck forward when he tapped the butt of his musket. Or maybe there was an smoking ember left in the barrel and it got the powder when he tapped it.

All I do know, is that it's quite more dangerous than the standard loading technique if not done properly.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 12:01:46 am by joer5835 »

Offline Forest

• Second Lieutenant
  • God Bless America
    • View Profile
Should definitely check that hammer then. Considering it is that weak it could potentially fire at any time. If it was that weak I doubt its striking action would be very quick as well.

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
If the flint is in good condition, it can happen. During a reenactment, a guy from my unit burned his hand when his hammer suddently struck forward just as he was done priming his pan.

But anyway, I am beginning to sound like a whiner. If any one can and whats to do a tap-loading animation, I can only applaud such a thing.

Offline Viriathus

• Major
  • Rua, suas cabras!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
  • Nick: RI23_Cpt_Viriathus
Can use some textures and sounds from this mod, to use in my mod I'm doing?

You will of course be credited. :)

My mod:
https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=21211.0

Offline Parrot

• Donator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
Can use some textures and sounds from this mod, to use in my mod I'm doing?

Quite a few of the skins in the mod were made by the fantastic skinners in the community, a (slightly outdated) list can be found in the OP with the skins and their creators.

As this is a compilation of community minor modifications you will need to ask the individual creators for their permission to use their items.

Any of the skins that I (Parrot) have created can be used, as long as credit is given, however I would prefer that you contact me before using them. The sounds that have been used in this mod are not up for redistribution, so please do not use them or ask to use them.
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!