Author Topic: NW Epic Enhancement [client-side overhaul mod] Version 5.1 Out! (Final Version)  (Read 649954 times)

Offline Ry1459

• Captain
  • Think about it TWICE.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ry1459
  • Side: Union
Ok, re-installing fixed the problems. Is there a way to import other skins into the mod Ex: Hinkel's Highlander skin.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 04:10:41 am by Ry1459 »

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Ok, re-installing fixed the problems. Is there a way to import other skins into the mod Ex: Hinkel's Highlander skin.
You have to use openBRF for such a task. It also depends what highlander is currently enabled on your enhancement module.
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline Ry1459

• Captain
  • Think about it TWICE.
    • View Profile
You have to use openBRF for such a task. It also depends what highlander is currently enabled on your enhancement module.
I reverted to the original Highlander skin from NW. Could you give me a short tutorial on how do it in OpenBRF?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 02:34:57 am by Ry1459 »

Offline Duke Of North Island Oman

• Corporal
  • 84e RĂ©giment d'Infanterie de Ligne
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 84e_Sgt_Oman
Thanks very much!

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
    • View Profile
It seems having extra Data folder skybox related .txt files or having a module.INI file with no
# Enhancement Main Files
found in control+F search happened by modding or a recent Warband-VC related update.

So to fix the black skybox problem check your module.INI file in the enhancement mod folder directory  with notepad to see if it cannot find pm_ or en_ load_mod_resource lines.
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it

Offline Ry1459

• Captain
  • Think about it TWICE.
    • View Profile
I re-installed it. Could you give me short tutorial, or a link, on how to import custom skins?

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
    • View Profile
I re-installed it. Could you give me short tutorial, or a link, on how to import custom skins?
You need openBRF program certainly for importing custom skins.
Download it here: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1466
Then start browsing the Resource folder of Napoleonic Wars.
The mesh names are to be the same to be compatible with NW.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 03:51:44 am by usnavy30 »

Offline Ry1459

• Captain
  • Think about it TWICE.
    • View Profile
Wait, so do I just place the new .brf into the old one and replace it or do I have to open up the new .brf and replace all of the files in the old .brf with the new ones? Sorry for being so confused, don't have any experience with this  :-\

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Wait, so do I just place the new .brf into the old one and replace it or do I have to open up the new .brf and replace all of the files in the old .brf with the new ones? Sorry for being so confused, don't have any experience with this  :-\
You take the new .brfs of items you want to import and you paste them into the mmbrituniforms.brf for example. You can paste the new brfs but if it isn't patch compatible with the latest NW update you will get errors. In this case it is best to manually import it.

mmbrithats.brf
mmbrituniforms.brf
mmmaterials.brf for new materials
mmtextures.brf for new textures

new textures go into the Textures folder.

The new item names you are importing MUST be the same name as the vanilla mesh to work with NW.

Offline Ry1459

• Captain
  • Think about it TWICE.
    • View Profile
You take the new .brfs of items you want to import and you paste them into the mmbrituniforms.brf for example. You can paste the new brfs but if it isn't patch compatible with the latest NW update you will get errors. In this case it is best to manually import it.

mmbrithats.brf
mmbrituniforms.brf
mmmaterials.brf for new materials
mmtextures.brf for new textures

new textures go into the Textures folder.

The new item names you are importing MUST be the same name as the vanilla mesh to work with NW.
So even if the new files are .dds, it should work fine?

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
    • View Profile
New dds files should be same named as vanilla textures as well.

Offline Forest

• Second Lieutenant
  • God Bless America
    • View Profile
Could you release a sub-mod for this with everything but the skin changes. Some people may not like all of the skins in this mod and that shouldn't deter them from installing such a great mod in general. Additionally people may want to install their own custom skin and sadly this mod doeskin allow certain files to overwrite so your kind of stuck with the mod skins.

The light version does this; it doesn't really matter that it's got a different version number, the sounds etc are mostly the same...

Wait, does the light change the flora textures to though?

Offline Parrot

• Donator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
Spoiler
Could you release a sub-mod for this with everything but the skin changes. Some people may not like all of the skins in this mod and that shouldn't deter them from installing such a great mod in general. Additionally people may want to install their own custom skin and sadly this mod doeskin allow certain files to overwrite so your kind of stuck with the mod skins.

The light version does this; it doesn't really matter that it's got a different version number, the sounds etc are mostly the same...
[close]

Nope, it leaves out the environment stuff
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline Forest

• Second Lieutenant
  • God Bless America
    • View Profile
Yea that's sort of what I was asking before haha. I love the environments but i just don't want the skins so it's a bit of a dilemma.  :-\

Offline Forest

• Second Lieutenant
  • God Bless America
    • View Profile
Spoiler

[close]

Nope, it leaves out the environment stuff

Ok, so what specific files cause the trees and standing grass to change? Textures I can make changes to but trees and standing grass I'm unable to.