Author Topic: NW Epic Enhancement [client-side overhaul mod] Version 5.1 Out! (Final Version)  (Read 650192 times)

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
It depends on the version he downloaded. That has only been possible with the final version. Might have to delete and reinstall NW if you got the mod in around October/November really.

I talked with Pants, He's busy with his job so the modular version of the final release may take some time. But when it is out I'll share it with Parrot and the thread ;).

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
If the exe customization works that's great.
The only problems I can think of are some skins are incompatible with NW since the patch (or incompatible with some other certain skins to be listed before downloaded) so that's a shame but still nevertheless a worthy endeavor.
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
If the exe customization works that's great.
The only problems I can think of are some skins are incompatible with NW since the patch (or incompatible with some other certain skins to be listed before downloaded) so that's a shame but still nevertheless a worthy endeavor.

Pants knows what he is doing, he'll find away. He worked on a certain space station related multiplayer game and with the mod pretty much reskinned and kitbashed the sailor units.

Offline Rhazak

• Sergeant
  • The Emperor Protects.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Gren_SgtMaj_Rhazak
How would I go about changing all the added facial hair and accessories stuff back to vanilla?

Edit: also, how do I change the health bar interface back to vanilla?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 09:34:24 pm by Rhazak »

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
How would I go about changing all the added facial hair and accessories stuff back to vanilla?

You can't. You'd have to unistall or wait for the modular update.

Offline Rhazak

• Sergeant
  • The Emperor Protects.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Gren_SgtMaj_Rhazak

You can't. You'd have to unistall or wait for the modular update.
Bah, my regiment has facial hair requirement so this feature interferes with that, guess I'll play without mod.
Thanks for the quick response!

Also, feature request for modder: please add Attilas great coats for the 1er Grenadiers (france).
Here are the textures if you don't have them. (been edited by us to work with latest vanilla patch and other small edits: hat plume still there, blue pants.)

Offline GrandMaster

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 91st_LCpl_Dougal_MacGregor
  • Side: Confederacy
Does anyone know of a decent Grenzer reskin?

Offline Pachira

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Great mod, I love all the changes you did (though a few death sounds are too long). I do seem to have one issue though, one of the skyboxes has a weird bunch of black lines on it

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=230721873

Any fix?

Edit: Also, is it possible to return the surrender to normal?

Edit2: I changed the animation for the surrender, though it faces diagonal like the salute did. Anyway to make the surrender anim face straight?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 03:58:33 am by Pachira »

Offline Parrot

• Donator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
Great mod, I love all the changes you did (though a few death sounds are too long). I do seem to have one issue though, one of the skyboxes has a weird bunch of black lines on it

Edit2: I changed the animation for the surrender, though it faces diagonal like the salute did. Anyway to make the surrender anim face straight?

I do believe someone had that issue previously.. I think they were able to fix it. But how are you importing the old animation? I usually do copy paste from brf to brf which works like a charm. It sounds like the vanilla animations got rotated when you imported it, either try the copy paste method or find a way to rotate the animation, those are probably your best options.

Oh, the skybox lines are shadows from props that are too close to the map edge, I don't know how to fix that :/ and to remove the death sounds that are too long, simply delete them from your sounds folder. But they're there to simulate some kind of atmosphere of dudes crying after having half their spleen taken out by a musket ball :P

Also, feature request for modder: please add Attilas great coats for the 1er Grenadiers (france).

You could technically change the facial hair back to the way it was in vanilla, but that involves some effort and some knowledge of what you're doing :P However, all the original beards etc are in the mod, along with load more. So really, you regiment should use the mod for more facial hair (and women can wear "fake beards" as well! We don't discriminate here XD)

And I'm afraid I won't be updating the mod any time soon. However there are tutorials on how to add skins to NW, and it really isn't too difficult. But if you do add them , feel free to share your files here so others can benefit.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 04:37:03 am by Parrot »
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline Pachira

• Volunteer
    • View Profile

I do believe someone had that issue previously.. I think they were able to fix it. But how are you importing the old animation? I usually do copy paste from brf to brf which works like a charm. It sounds like the vanilla animations got rotated when you imported it, either try the copy paste method or find a way to rotate the animation, those are probably your best options.

Oh, the skybox lines are shadows from props that are too close to the map edge, I don't know how to fix that :/ and to remove the death sounds that are too long, simply delete them from your sounds folder. But they're there to simulate some kind of atmosphere of dudes crying after having half their spleen taken out by a musket ball :P

What I did was extract the surrender anim from mm_animations or something like that and then rename the surrender in en_animations and then import the surrender from the desktop. I did spin the skeleton guy around a little bit to look at it, would that effect it? I figured it was like half life model viewer.

For the skybox part, I think I somehow fixed it by changing that one option in the launcher for load textures on the fly or something like that. I disabled it.

Edit: Scratch that, it didn't fix it.

Edit2: Fixed the surrender by doing what you suggested, thanks!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 09:32:44 am by Pachira »

Offline Von Alten

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
I love this, but It lags my computer out, so how do you un-install?
I'm bullying you, 14e became master on bullies

14e_SoP_Alten | 2pp_Fiz_Alten | 1oCaz_Cpl_Alten

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
I love this, but It lags my computer out, so how do you un-install?

The installer has an uninstaller option too with the latest version.

Offline -~Carson~-

• Corporal
  • thatguy1234
    • View Profile
Great job on this!

Offline Pachira

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
What file holds the new text changes (such as M1807 Musket)? I thought it would be strings.txt but it doesn't seem like it is (ctrl+f doesn't find the stuff). I wanna restore the original songs and then have their original names too.

Edit: Nvm
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 09:38:04 pm by Pachira »

Offline Parrot

• Donator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
What file holds the new text changes (such as M1807 Musket)? I thought it would be strings.txt but it doesn't seem like it is (ctrl+f doesn't find the stuff). I wanna restore the original songs and then have their original names too.

Edit: Nvm

The musket names etc are in item kinds.txt, and the piano and organ song names are in strings.txt  :)
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!