Author Topic: NW Epic Enhancement [client-side overhaul mod] Version 5.1 Out! (Final Version)  (Read 648785 times)

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
thanks for the quick response. sorry if this was answered before but what is the difference from the lite version the the full version

Lite is mainly just a UI overhaul, no skins.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
It has the new sounds and some of the new animations too.

Offline Devmc99

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MoskovGren_Reserve
Could you also make an option between Landwher, sorry Dev  :-*
Spoiler
[close]
https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=10699.0
This... is treason. HA JK replace the current one with this if you want to Parrot. It does look really good.

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
Little late for replacement requests gents, the final version of the mod will be released later tonight. As a beta tester bit of a heads up, If you use Parrots B&I enhanced the auto installer will try and put it in your B&I folder instead of the NW.

Be prepared to correct it.

Offline Cara

• French Language Moderator
  • Language Moderator
  • Former IVe_AdC
    • View Profile
    • TFD
Thanks, can't wait to see my 5e  :-*

Offline Parrot

• Donator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
Could you also make an option between Landwher, sorry Dev  :-*
Spoiler
[close]
https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=10699.0
This... is treason. HA JK replace the current one with this if you want to Parrot. It does look really good.

It will be easy for you to add this as an option to the mod and upload it for other people to download. Yay, making mods for mods!
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
How about more options for the light infantry of France. I would really prefer Chasseurs rather then Tirailleurs.

Also, I'm sorry to lovers of the regular 1er, but I think that these 1er Gren replacements would be nice
Raddeo's 3e Grenadiers
[close]
and for UK
and the 73rd highlanders for UK
[close]

https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=5396.0
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Prince_Eugen

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 19th_Fus_Prince_Eugen
  • Side: Confederacy
How about more options for the light infantry of France. I would really prefer Chasseurs rather then Tirailleurs.

Also, I'm sorry to lovers of the regular 1er, but I think that these 1er Gren replacements would be nice
Raddeo's 3e Grenadiers
[close]
I already made the merge of it in the mod :) You can easily do it with Brf.

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
Just recorded a series of 4-5 minute videos of previewing the new regiments and explaining some of the mods features. They are a little bit amateur-ish but they will do the job.

They should all be ready and on YouTube tomorrow :).

Offline Devmc99

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MoskovGren_Reserve
Parrot want me to make a quick video on how to put in your own uniform so people stop asking "please replace this with that"? Dealing on the video with simple texture replacements to complete new uniforms
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 01:50:17 am by Devmc99 »

Offline Cara

• French Language Moderator
  • Language Moderator
  • Former IVe_AdC
    • View Profile
    • TFD
Nice :)

Offline Parrot

• Donator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W6as8oVcuM[/youtube]

Final update for my mod is here. There aren't too many visual changes; it fixes a bunch of bugs, changes the way the resources are laid out, adds some units that are easy to customize, optional pretty female faces, varied running/idle animations, and that's just about it...

Customizable units include:
- British Highlanders
    + Black Watch
    + Sutherland
- British Light Infantry
    + Glengarry
    + Canadian embodied militia
- British Rifles
    + 95th
    + 60th
- French 84e
    + Swiss infantry
    + 2e Bataillon du Gene de la Garde
- French Light Infantry
    + 1er Tirailleurs
    + 5e Voltigeurs

To enable a new unit and disable the old one:
1) Navigate to your Napoleonic Wars module folder, and open your module.ini file
2) Scroll down to the "Customizable Files" section (tip: it's called that, so use the find option)
3) Remove the # from the uniform you want, and add it infront of the uniform it replaces
4) Save

There are also troop names for the customizable units, just unpack the troop file that corresponds to the one you want and replace the old troops file with it.
If you want some good old Mount and Musket era taunts, unpack the sounds into your sounds file and replace.

It's better to install this version over a clean copy of NW, but you don't have to.

*JUST MAKE SURE THE INSTALL PATH IS CORRECT IN THE INSTALLER!*

If you want to un-install the mod, DO NOT use the un-install button that the mod creates. It will break your game. Delete your NW module folder and let Steam re-download it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the last update for this mod (for now at least). It's reached the stage where there isn't really anything more to add. The way I did the optional units might inspire some of you to create other packs for other units with the skins that you like. Feel free to use the skins that I've created, I would prefer you to let me know if you want to use them (just so that I can see which mods they're going into), but if you don't then just leave credit for the skins. For any of the stuff that I haven't made, you'll need to contact the creator of that item/items.

I will be working on other projects that are much larger than this simple compilation, so keep an eye out for posts on the forums for that stuff if you've enjoyed my other work.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 08:58:48 pm by Parrot »
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
Working on the final preview video thingy now Parrot, I'll send you all of them on STEAM when I am done.

Congratulations to all involved in this client side project! your modding contributions whether it was textures, animations or sounds have breathed nice life and enjoyment into the game side of things.

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
  • Side: Confederacy
Working on the final preview video thingy now Parrot, I'll send you all of them on STEAM when I am done.

Congratulations to all involved in this client side project! your modding contributions whether it was textures, animations or sounds have breathed nice life and enjoyment into the game side of things.
+1

Offline AwkwardDuck

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: AwkwardDuck
Yes, I have a Nvidia GTX 660, not Ti
I cant install Version 5, I download it and my computer just instantly deletes it. I've turned my firewall off and downloaded and my computer has still deleted it.
It's acting like those fussy vending machines, when you put money in it, it just spits right back out - "No I don't like that one.."

Nvidia graphics cards should be fine, mine doesn't have any issues with the game or mod :/

Perhaps both of you are having the same issue, because the exe doesn't have a registered publisher Windows won't run it off the bat for protection reasons. If you're on Windows 8 and get the "I don't want to run this program" pop up band thing, click read more and there's an option to "run anyway"
Here's exactly what happens to me. I go to my downloads folder on windows 7 and double click on the enhancement. Later, it asks for administrator permission, and I click yes. Then, I choose my language in the installer, and then it immediately tells me I don't own NW, which I do. And Parrot, if it's the install path that's wrong, could you tell me how to change/fix it? I'm not very good with computers, as far as I go is installing mods for Warband :P
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 04:55:26 pm by AwkwardDuck »