Author Topic: NW Epic Enhancement [client-side overhaul mod] Version 5.1 Out! (Final Version)  (Read 650697 times)

Offline Devmc99

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MoskovGren_Reserve
  • Side: Union
Was wondering if somebody could tell me how to replace the bearforce side swing animations with the vanilla ones? Really throws me off.
To Reply to US Navys post yes. But I will do it step by step

1) First go to Open BRF and go into the file in your Resource folder called ANI_Attacks. Then you should see (attacks_single_overswing, attacks_thrust_onehanded)
They have (old) at the end get rid of old by right clicking then renaming, delete the old part. and delete the names that don't have old at the end and are showing the animation of the new up attack and down u don't want.   
Spoiler

Then save the BRF File.

2) Now go into your NW folder and find a file called actions. But for this you need you need a vanilla actions file. Which I have uploaded here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t32539gec2wjcts/Actions.rar

Do not drag and drop it to your NW folder though open  it then hit Crtl+f then type this in the search box which Is ctrl+f : ready_overswing_onehanded

Then you should see this:         ready_overswing_onehanded 524800 1679839242  1
  0.350000 attacks_single_overswing 5 16 7 0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0

Copy that then go to your NW folder with the actions and find that again but paste what you copied over it

Spoiler

Then save and your good.

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
Could you add different music into the game?   :D

Offline Parrot

• Donator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
  • Side: Neutral
Could you add different music into the game?   :D

I'm afraid I won't do that, it's mainly down to copyright. Besides, if you don't want to listen to the music in game, pop open a playlist on youtube or something :P That's what I do, haven't listened to the vanilla music for NW since I got it.

Was wondering if somebody could tell me how to replace the bearforce side swing animations with the vanilla ones? Really throws me off.

The side swing animations were removed in the last patch, only the downwards swing and stab remain.

I will actually use this myself too.
Cheers.

It's a good patch too! Nice tweaks to the vanilla units while retaining their form. The new module layout will make modding this mod (hmm, there must be a better way to put that) easier. Hopefully the way I've done it will inspire some people to add optional unit patches :D

Oh and thanks to everyone that's posted bug reports, I'm trying to get as much fixed in this update as possible...
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
Just sent you the old MM taunts which you should add to the final version of the mod man ;).

Offline Bluehawk

• Sergeant Major
  • чекмень - шаровары - шашка
    • View Profile
Going just by the screenshots on Page 1, some of the Russian reskins don't make sense. You've given the Chernigov line infantry pre-1807 facings but the rest of their equipment is still 1811 onward. The Preobrazhenskiy officer has an NCO's collar gallon. The Preobrazhenskiy in general should not have red lapels; before 1817 that was confined to the regiments of the "junior guard". The Pavlovskiy grenadiers are wearing greatcoats but also have a greatcoat rolled over the shoulder. The general's gold sash is a complete fiction. Since the Jaegers now have the decorative loops of the Guard on their collar and cuffs, they should be renamed "Leyb-Gvardii Yegerskiy Polk" to conform to that.

Keep up the good work though. It's great to see all these little mods combined so they don't compete with each other.

Offline AwkwardDuck

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: AwkwardDuck
This mod thinks I don't own NW when I really do. As a result, I can't install, I get as far as choosing my language and then it tells me to by NW on Steam or Taleworlds. Can anyone tell me why this is the case? And any possible solutions? This also happened to me with the Anglo Zulu mod and Blood & Iron.
I think this quote needs referencing in the OP or something.

Also, I am trying to install v5.0 and every time I run the installer I get a message saying that this mod requires NW. I have NW... Help...

Just run regular warband first, without NW,then join a server for a few seconds. Quit out and run NW and you'll be able to play.

You are missing a certificate is all, it creates it by doing the above.
Still doesn't work navy. Am I marked or something?

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
yea np   :P   I added my own music to the game

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
Going just by the screenshots on Page 1, some of the Russian reskins don't make sense. You've given the Chernigov line infantry pre-1807 facings but the rest of their equipment is still 1811 onward. The Preobrazhenskiy officer has an NCO's collar gallon. The Preobrazhenskiy in general should not have red lapels; before 1817 that was confined to the regiments of the "junior guard". The Pavlovskiy grenadiers are wearing greatcoats but also have a greatcoat rolled over the shoulder. The general's gold sash is a complete fiction. Since the Jaegers now have the decorative loops of the Guard on their collar and cuffs, they should be renamed "Leyb-Gvardii Yegerskiy Polk" to conform to that.

Keep up the good work though. It's great to see all these little mods combined so they don't compete with each other.

Basically this mod is more 'Hey this is pretty awesome looking!' rather than 'Hey, lets make this accurate!'

Though you are right about the greatcoats on the guys wearing greatcoats :p that is just silly.

Offline Wilhelm_II

• Private
    • View Profile
In the next update will all of the pony stuff be gone? If not how can I get the old banhammer back? I cannot for the life of me find it in the resources folder.

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
  • Side: Confederacy
In the next update will all of the pony stuff be gone? If not how can I get the old banhammer back? I cannot for the life of me find it in the resources folder.

Well honestly I was going to get this until you mentioned ponies and I looked at the OP and it's Parrot... The FSE guy that's probably some obese guy who sits behind his PC and stays there for 15 hours a day looking at ponies... God knows what else he does  ::)

Offline Parrot

• Donator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot

There's one pony mesh, and it's the admin horse :P "All that pony stuff" can be removed by renaming a vanilla horse mesh to whatever the admin horse's mesh name is in mm_horses.brf...
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
Still doesn't work navy. Am I marked or something?
Nah, I don't believe in curses of being chance. A friend of mine said he thinks Slenderman cursed his PC being unable to play Full Invasion 2 for having no static white face jokingly but we found out deleting rgl_log helped solve the problem.

I am sure then you perhaps have to re-download the exe and try running native or NW before installing the mod. It must be a common occurrence for people at times.

Now as for the mod in general.. well Parrot made this mod for fun, not historical accuracy just to spice up Napoleonic Wars experience.
I understand some have tendency to point out the uniform or equipment inaccuracies but it is up to the modder to incorporate them or not.

Then as for the silly content that can be easily modified to be the same as in vanilla NW with some discovering of the original mesh or sounds names so that should not stop you from enjoying the mod's client side feature. I will get to experimenting again soon.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 05:07:30 pm by usnavy30 »
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
I demand one of the four horses of the apocalypse from that RDR zombie DLC to replace Parrots Pony Admin horse!

Offline Wilhelm_II

• Private
    • View Profile

There's one pony mesh, and it's the admin horse :P "All that pony stuff" can be removed by renaming a vanilla horse mesh to whatever the admin horse's mesh name is in mm_horses.brf...
The banahmmer, whatever it is, where can I go to change it back to normal? I like the old comically oversized one.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
I demand one of the four horses of the apocalypse from that RDR zombie DLC to replace Parrots Pony Admin horse!

Do the fire one!!
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.